Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order Placed! Now....couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 09:18 PM
mlinn1967
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Order Placed! Now....couple questions.

Finally got my order placed on Friday for my new 2017 2LT Stringray. Below are the options I went with, and I have a few questions for you guys..

1 - I passed up on the Exhaust option (NPP)....I would love to have it, but for another grand, I just couldn't justify it. For those of you that have it...is it everything you thought it would be, or after getting it, would you just have soon saved the 1k? For those of you that didn't order it, are you kicking yourself now? I guess I have a couple weeks I could change the order if I wanted to.

2 - What status does the car get to when you can no longer make any option changes with your dealer?

3 - What are the chances the car will be in by October 7th...it was ordered on 8/6? I was hoping to take it to Corvette weekend in Eureka Springs, AR that weekend of 10/6-10/9.

4 - What are the MUST HAVE accessories you purchased to put on the Vette once you got yours in? I'm thinking the Lloyd's mats for sure, but I'm getting Torch Red with Adrenalin Red interior...I assume the carpet will be black? So which color mats would look the best, Red or Black?

5 - Who makes the best mud flaps for the car? GM or another vendor?

My Order:
2LT Package
Torch Red GKZ
Adrenaline Red 70*
Automatic, 8 - Spd w/Paddle Shift M5U
Navigation I06
Brake Calipers, Red J6F
Suspension, Magnetic Selective Ride FE4
Chrome Aluminum Wheels Q7E

Last edited by mlinn1967; 08-07-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by mlinn1967
Finally got my order placed on Friday for my new 2017 2LT Stringray. Below are the options I went with, and I have a few questions for you guys..

1 - I passed up on the Exhaust option (NPP)....I would love to have it, but for another grand, I just couldn't justify it. For those of you that have it...is it everything you thought it would be, or after getting it, would you just have soon saved the 1k? For those of you that didn't order it, are you kicking yourself now? I guess I have a couple weeks I could change the order if I wanted to.

3 - What status does the car get to when you can no longer make any option changes with your dealer?

4 - What are the chances the car will be in by October 7th...it was ordered on 8/6? I was hoping to take it to Corvette weekend in Eureka Springs, AR that weekend of 10/6-10/9.

2 - What are the MUST HAVE accessories you purchased to put on the Vette once you got yours in? I'm thinking the Lloyd's mats for sure, but I'm getting Torch Red with Adrenalin Red interior...I assume the carpet will be black? So which color mats would look the best, Red or Black?

3 - Who makes the best mud flaps for the car? GM or another vendor?

My Order:
2LT Package
Torch Red GKZ
Adrenaline Red 70*
Navigation I06
Brake Calipers, Red J6F
1) I have NPP and I am very glad I have it. Stock exhaust is very wimpy for a sports car. Without NPP, you're probably going to want to buy and aftermarket exhaust setup of some kind (likely for more than the $1000 option).

3) (the first one) Once you reach 3000, you cannot make any changes.

FYI, Your numbering is messed up. It goes 1, 3, 4, 2, 3
Old 08-07-2016, 09:35 PM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,420 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Congrats! I'd say that the NPP is a must have based on sound, as well as appearance. I've read where many of those who have declined the option later regretted the decision as you cannot add the sound management feature later if you decide that you want it (actually you can, but it's complicated and costly).

That being said, I had the NPP, and installed Corsa Cat-backs, which disables the NPP.

I recommend listening to both the non-NPP and the NPP, and see what you like best.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:40 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yup, NPP is a must have "just for the appearance" of the tips vs non NPP tips.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:44 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Have a 2015 2LT w/o NPP. I don't miss it. When you press the gas peddle you will hear exhaust noise. Took 7 weeks for my build. Mods, I suggest the front urethane splitter, GM splash guards, and side skirts to protect your door from road assault.
Yes, if you decide you need a louder exhaust the cost will be over $1000.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:03 PM
mlinn1967
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

What does the front urethane splitter and side skirts look like? Are these GM accessories or from another vendor? Does anyone have pics before and after?
Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

get the red seatbelts
Old 08-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

I had NPP on my C6 because as I recall it boosted HP. Not sure if the same holds true for C7 but likely so. I like NPP. It is designed for the car and works great. You can change the sound loudness between several settings. Worth the cost IMO to stay with a system designed for the Corvette. I get saving $ but I don't understand buying a new Corvette with out NPP to save $ if you are going to then put on aftermarket exhaust. Aftermarket exhaust and professional installation is not cheap so the difference in cost from NPP when all said and done may not be that significant.

Last edited by Nice Ride; 08-07-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Bob-USA
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Must have NPP for both the sight and sound !
Old 08-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice Ride
I had NPP on my C6 because as I recall it boosted HP. Not sure if the same holds true for C7 but likely so. I like NPP. It is designed for the car and works great. You can change the sound loudness between several settings. Worth the cost IMO to stay with a system designed for the Corvette. I get saving $ but I don't understand buying a new Corvette with out NPP to save $ if you are going to then put on aftermarket exhaust. Aftermarket exhaust and professional installation is not cheap so the difference in cost from NPP when all said and done may not be that significant.
Yes, NPP on the C7 adds 5 HP and 5 lbs-ft of torque.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:45 AM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

2 - What status does the car get to when you can no longer make any option changes with your dealer?

3 - What are the chances the car will be in by October 7th...it was ordered on 8/6? I was hoping to take it to Corvette weekend in Eureka Springs, AR that weekend of 10/6-10/9.

4 - What are the MUST HAVE accessories you purchased to put on the Vette once you got yours in? I'm thinking the Lloyd's mats for sure, but I'm getting Torch Red with Adrenalin Red interior...I assume the carpet will be black? So which color mats would look the best, Red or Black?

My Order:
2LT Package
Torch Red GKZ
Adrenaline Red 70*
Navigation I06
Brake Calipers, Red J6F
Congrats and get the Z51 Package!!!!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:50 AM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

My Order:
2LT Package
Torch Red GKZ
Adrenaline Red 70*
Navigation I06
Brake Calipers, Red J6F
Answering your third question, it all depends on when GM accepts the order I believe.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:41 AM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

My first Vette (2007) did not have NPP and last 3 have had it and any others I ever get will have it.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:33 AM
Stangslayer
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

When buying a Corvette is not the time to be saving money!
C7 Coupe
Z51
3LT
Automatic
Magnetic Ride Control
Performance Exhaust
Transparent Roof
Chrome Aluminum Wheels
Red Calibers
Old 08-08-2016, 06:48 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Stangslayer
When buying a Corvette is not the time to be saving money!

Think about it this way, $1100 over the life of a loan can be as little as $15 a month. Is this amount affordable? Sure. Like wifey said, if you're spending that much money on a car you might as well get everything you want.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:38 AM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

If you're a die hard car guy and love to hear the exhaust note of various cars then you should get the NPP. If you care less about how a car sounds then you will likely not miss it. Personally, I wouldn't buy one without it, but I love to hear cars.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:50 AM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by RicK T
Yup, NPP is a must have "just for the appearance" of the tips vs non NPP tips.

Get notified of new replies

To Order Placed! Now....couple questions.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:50 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

The other responses were more politically correct, but you don't buy a corvette and skimp on the necessities. If $1000 is going to make or break you....don't order the car! It's a Corvette, it needs sport exhaust and if you are going to order magnetic ride, spend the extra and get the Z51 package which includes the NPP exhaust. Unless you plan on keeping the car forever, think of the resale value. Without the basics, you are going to need to find someone who knows nothing about corvettes to buy this car without NPP. You could probably find a 2016 leftover which is essentially the same car as the 2017 since it isn't a grand sport and get all of the goodies for less than what the 2017 cost you without having to wait for the build. Regardless, enjoy your car!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:18 AM
2kvetmy
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

my 2017 order:

convertible
NPP
Z51
chrome rims
black carbon flash badge( gets rid of the front grin chrome bar)
3LT - includes HUD NAV PDR door openers

ordered 7/29 build date of 8/22 delivery around 9/8

ANY Corvette is nice; enjoy what you want
Old 08-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Bui
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Even on a budget, these are the must Haves:
2LT at Minimum (if you want PDR and Nav might as well go for 3LT)
NPP
Red Calipers
Chrome/Black Rims (depending on your taste)
Carbon Flash Badge
Carbon Flash Mirror/Spoiler
MSRC

Highly Recommended:
Front Splitter (102$ shipped)
Side Skirts (600-800$ shipped from C7Carbon/ACS/G3 Carbon)
Z06 Grill Swap (400$ shipped)

Quick Reply: Order Placed! Now....couple questions.