Constraint Report - August 11th for August 29th TPW

Old 08-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Default Constraint Report - August 11th for August 29th TPW

The following are the constraints for this consensus cycle:

Stingray/Grand Sport:
GGA ............................. Black Rose Metallic ........................................ ................ 8% Less than 4 weeks/New Option Acceleration
1YW07/1YW67 & J56 ............... Grand Sport with J56 Brakes ........................................ ....... 60% Material Restriction
1YW07/1YW67 & J56 & J6F - ZLG ... Grand Sport with J56 Brakes, Red Calipers without Black Suede Design Pkg .... 0% Less than 4 weeks Material Restriction
1YW07/1YW67 & RUR - ZLG ......... Grand Sport with RUR wheels without Black Suede Design Pkg .................. 0% Material Restriction
1YW07/1YX07 & MEL & Z51/Z16 ..... Manual Transmission ........................................ ................ Not constrained this week

Z06:
No allocations this week
Old 08-13-2016, 09:58 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
The following are the constraints for this consensus cycle:

Stingray/Grand Sport:
GGA ............................. Black Rose Metallic ........................................ ................ 8% Less than 4 weeks/New Option Acceleration
1YW07/1YW67 & J56 ............... Grand Sport with J56 Brakes ........................................ ....... 60% Material Restriction
1YW07/1YW67 & J56 & J6F - ZLG ... Grand Sport with J56 Brakes, Red Calipers without Black Suede Design Pkg .... 0% Less than 4 weeks Material Restriction
1YW07/1YW67 & RUR - ZLG ......... Grand Sport with RUR wheels without Black Suede Design Pkg .................. 0% Material Restriction
1YW07/1YX07 & MEL & Z51/Z16 ..... Manual Transmission ........................................ ................ Not constrained this week

Z06:
No allocations this week
Zymurgy..........I don't know exactly how to read this.....does this mean no GS's will be pulled with red calipers for the next 4 weeks? Guess I'm in a holding pattern as I ordered red calipers and I'm not flexible on this option.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Unless you ordered the Black Suede Design Package, your GS order with Red Calipers won't be accepted by GM this week. The "Less than 4 weeks Material Restriction" means that the current constraint is expected to last for less than 4 weeks. However, I have seen these "Less than 4 weeks" last much longer than 4 weeks. It could be 50% next week or even not constrained. Really depends on just what is causing the material restriction. Sometimes a supply disruption is short lived, sometimes it can take a long time - just depends on what the issue is. Of course, we're not privy to what the problem is.

What's your current order status? If you are at 2000 or beyond, constraints do not impact you.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 08-13-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:44 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

Unless you ordered the Black Suede Design Package, your GS order with Red Calipers won't be accepted by GM this week. The "Less than 4 weeks Material Restriction" means that the current constraint is expected to last for less than 4 weeks. However, I have seen these "Less than 4 weeks" last much longer than 4 weeks. It could be 50% next week or even not constrained. Really depends on just what is causing the material restriction. Sometimes a supply disruption is short lived, sometimes it can take a long time - just depends on what the issue is. Of course, we're not privy to what the problem is.

What's your current order status? If you are at 2000 or beyond, constraints do not impact you.
Thanks for enlightening me on this.....the dealer just put the order in last week as he had allocation for 3 GS's....we found out when he put the order that the red calipers were on constraint. So guess I sit it out.....I'm not changing to another color caliper being my car will be white/red. Thanks
Old 08-15-2016, 08:04 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

I don't know what these order numbers mean. Mine is 3400 and I ordered red calipers. Am I waiting also?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:19 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by budgreen3564
I don't know what these order numbers mean. Mine is 3400 and I ordered red calipers. Am I waiting also?
Here's a link to a post that explains all the order codes. It's in one of the "Sticky" threads listed at the top of C7 General Discussion.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1585921744

And no, at 3400, you are past the stage where constraints affect you.

Last edited by fdxpilot; 08-15-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:25 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Here's a link to a post that explains all the order codes. It's in one of the "Sticky" threads listed at the top of C7 General Discussion.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1585921744

And no, at 3400, you are past the stage where constraints affect you.
Thanks for the link and answering my question

Get notified of new replies

To Constraint Report - August 11th for August 29th TPW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Constraint Report - August 11th for August 29th TPW