Old 08-17-2016, 09:31 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 322 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Sterling Blue

Anyone have a Stingray or Grand Sport Coupe in Sterling Blue with the Light Gray interior that they could post a pic of? Been wanting to see this combo.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:33 AM
RichinCincy
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-22-days.html

He has the top up, so you can barely see the interior (sorry, just noticed you said coupe)

Last edited by RichinCincy; 08-17-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:30 AM
teddycarnut
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default gs colors

Be carefull about buying sterling blue. I wanted one so badly, but listened to the guys that went to the bash in Kentucky. They all convinced me it was not good looking. I ordered a red one and I love it. This past Sat by local dealer got in the sterling stingray, I was so disapointed at the color. Looks like a faded silver. I don"t understand gm color team. He also had a wat glenn that also was horrible way to dark.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:41 AM
MassGT
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Which red did you order?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:58 AM
CandyRed77
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K14C7
Anyone have a Stingray or Grand Sport Coupe in Sterling Blue with the Light Gray interior that they could post a pic of? Been wanting to see this combo.
Check out Kerbeck's 2017 inventory online. They have a few Sterling Blue coupes in there with light gray interior

Originally Posted by teddycarnut
Be carefull about buying sterling blue. I wanted one so badly, but listened to the guys that went to the bash in Kentucky. They all convinced me it was not good looking. I ordered a red one and I love it. This past Sat by local dealer got in the sterling stingray, I was so disapointed at the color. Looks like a faded silver. I don"t understand gm color team. He also had a wat glenn that also was horrible way to dark.
Don't quite know who you asked at the Bash, but most if not everyone there liked the color. Some agreed it wasn't for them, as they wanted something more flashy, but I did not hear anyone say it was not good looking.

I do agree it is a color that does not photograph easy and needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

So to the OP, I would try to find one local to you and to go take a look for yourself before making a decision

Sonny
Old 08-17-2016, 12:02 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

personal preference, but did you see the Sterling Blue GS convertible at MacMulkin. Absolutely stunning.

I own a 2016 Blade Silver Metallic which is stunning with Blue top and interior. That said, I can tell the difference. Sterling Blue, much like NRB (which I owned as well) are better seen in person. IMO, GM did right with Sterling Blue.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

http://kerbeck.com/corvettes/2017-ch...lt-new-g17203/

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

The following 2 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
r00t61 (08-19-2016), Red C8 of Jax (08-18-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Rocky51
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CandyRed77
Check out Kerbeck's 2017 inventory online. They have a few Sterling Blue coupes in there with light gray interior

Don't quite know who you asked at the Bash, but most if not everyone there liked the color. Some agreed it wasn't for them, as they wanted something more flashy, but I did not hear anyone say it was not good looking.

I do agree it is a color that does not photograph easy and needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

So to the OP, I would try to find one local to you and to go take a look for yourself before making a decision

Sonny
I saw this at the bash and at first glance I thought it was silver, but really needs to be seen in the sunlight to be fully appreciated. The blue is very subtle, and with the two-tone gray interior (which is what they had at the bash) looks very classy. I'm also thinking it would look good with the AR interior. Bottom line is I like it.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:29 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Some people think torch red is The important thing is YOU don't.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Thanks for posting.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:58 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,622 Likes on 6,626 Posts

Hmm, bursting my bubble!! From pics I thought for sure that would be the color for my planned GS!! Had not seen the comments from folks who saw it in person! I was also looking at the possibility of a gray interior, whether I would get a visible CF top that I have now (decided not) and thought it would look better than with Chrome rather than Black wheels I also have! Even made a "screen saver" of the one coupe found posted on the Kerbeck website but it looked faded compared to the Vert that has also been shown on the Forum. Thought it was just the quality of the photo and my cropping! Perhaps not!

I have time so will look at it and other options in person before deciding!

Thought TOP Pic was just a poor photo, will have to see in person!

Last edited by JerryU; 08-18-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:31 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

IMO opinion the only mistake GM made with Sterling Blue was naming it blue instead of silver. In an absolute sense the color looks great; it just doesn't have enough blue in it to justify calling it blue.

I have a Sterling Blue GS convertible / blue top / gray interior with 2-tone seats on order for a customer. The car has been shipped and should arrive in a couple of weeks. I'll try to remember to take pics when the car arrives. In the mean time, here are a few shots of the interior of the Sterling Blue car that was on display at the bash:
Attached Images    
The following 2 users liked this post by mpuzach:
r00t61 (08-19-2016), Rebel Yell (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

JerryU thanks for posting the pictures. That Vert is drop dead beautiful!
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 02:19 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,622 Likes on 6,626 Posts

Originally Posted by CandyRed77

Sonny
Originally Posted by Rocky51
I saw this at the bash and at first glance I thought it was silver, but really needs to be seen in the sunlight to be fully appreciated. The blue is very subtle, and with the two-tone gray interior (which is what they had at the bash) looks very classy. I'm also thinking it would look good with the AR interior. Bottom line is I like it.
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
JerryU thanks for posting the pictures. That Vert is drop dead beautiful!
Hmm, feeling a bit better! I will have to see in person, but have the time.

Already changed my computer screen to reflect the two options! Got ride of the bad Sterling Blue Pic and added Black Rose. However I don't like the color blue in general and thought, as mentioned, Sterling Blue looked more silver.

Two Choices! Need to see both in person.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:34 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by 2K14C7
I was at the museum to day and that very car was in the line waiting for its owner. I love that color.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:51 PM
jclarksnakes
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I am trying to decide on a color for the GS I plan to order. I was up in the Detroit area for a couple days and stopped into Stanford Chevy just to look at the Sterling Silver GS they have on the lot. I like the color very much. It is silver with a hint of blue. If you are looking for a color that jumps out and says "hey look at me" this may not be the right choice for you. The Sterling Silver GS on the lot had the standard wheels which looked good on it. If I was ordering Sterling Silver I think I would order it with two tone black and grey seats.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:16 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

^^^ The color is called Sterling Blue, not Sterling Silver. ^^^
The following users liked this post:
jclarksnakes (08-19-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Sterling Blue

Old 08-18-2016, 11:43 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

It looks like Carlisle Blue with a lot of silver added .
Old 08-19-2016, 07:22 AM
CandyRed77
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Would be a good comparison picture to have Blade Silver, Sterling Blue and Carlisle Blue sitting next to each other. Maybe at the Corvettes at Carlisle show next week
From my observation I would say that if the Blade Silver is a 0 for blue, and Carlisle Blue is a 10 for blue, I would give Sterling Blue maybe a 3 or 4 if that makes sense...

Sonny
Old 08-19-2016, 07:32 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by owc6

That is a pretty good description. Supposedly this is a color that Bowling Green didn't want but GM forced it.

Quick Reply: Sterling Blue