Sponsored by:

ZO6 grille help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:04 PM
emsguy
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Default ZO6 grille help needed

I thought I saw a few pictures of the ZO6 grille installed on a non-ZO6 stingray where the new grille was painted to match the color of the car. I have been searching the forum, but have been unable to locate any.

Can anyone help direct me to the thread(s)?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2016, 10:16 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Most likely the owner bought a Z06 grill (which easily fits into a Stingray) and painted it body color before installing.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

RPI sells them. I guess you have some choices to make, then add it all up. I would recommend contacting them to be certain:

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5043

You could always buy the grille and get a body shop to paint it for you, I have no idea what that would cost though.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:09 AM
emsguy
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
RPI sells them. I guess you have some choices to make, then add it all up. I would recommend contacting them to be certain:

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5043

You could always buy the grille and get a body shop to paint it for you, I have no idea what that would cost though.
Thanks. That's exactly what I will do. I just need to see how it would look. Thought someone already did it and posted pictures.

RPI only paints the brake ducts. Looks good. My car is Cyber Gray, so just painting the brake ducts wouldn't really show up. Wanted to see what it would look like if the entire grille was painted body color.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:50 AM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by emsguy
Thanks. That's exactly what I will do. I just need to see how it would look. Thought someone already did it and posted pictures.

RPI only paints the brake ducts. Looks good. My car is Cyber Gray, so just painting the brake ducts wouldn't really show up. Wanted to see what it would look like if the entire grille was painted body color.
Just my opinion. The Z06 grill is painted carbon flash metallic, which matches the rear valance, hood grill, side gills, A-Pillars. I think painting body will work against the other parts painted carbon flash.

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 grille help needed

Quick Reply: ZO6 grille help needed