Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with front cameras

Old 11-14-2016, 10:22 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Help with front cameras

I know there was a thread on this but can't find it.
How can you have the front cameras come on when pulling into a parking space?
Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
SyberSaint (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 10:30 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

On your front pad you push in the BACK BUTTON.. I have the 2014 and put NAVTOOL in it but that is how you do it for the 2014 that a person adding that item works excellent.. Robert
Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

There is a camera button on the top of your screen. Also if you put in reverse, then back in drive it will come on. That one i cant understand.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:17 AM
FLATJ
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts

Old 11-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Push the top black bar of the screen and then the camera icon will come up

Last edited by Boozman; 11-15-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:30 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by alamo1974
I know there was a thread on this but can't find it.
How can you have the front cameras come on when pulling into a parking space?
Thanks in advance.
Thank All of You for your responses. I got it NOW
Old 11-16-2016, 11:12 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by vbdenny
There is a camera button on the top of your screen. Also if you put in reverse, then back in drive it will come on. That one i cant understand.
What's so hard to understand? Often when going into a parking spot one backs up and then pulls forward again to align the car. I do it all the time to align the car with the lines of the parking spot. The goal is to be as centered as possible so as to avoid getting dinged by the doors of the car on the left and on the right. When pulling forward again I use the camera to make sure the car's nose does not go over the curb or parking stone so I don't bottom out. I had a 2013 Camaro and parked over a parking stone. When later pulling out it ripped the front bumper up and I had to deal with that for the 3 year lease. Cost me like $3K to eventually fix it as I turned in the Camaro for my 2016 Vette.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Gamble52
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
What's so hard to understand? Often when going into a parking spot one backs up and then pulls forward again to align the car. I do it all the time to align the car with the lines of the parking spot. The goal is to be as centered as possible so as to avoid getting dinged by the doors of the car on the left and on the right. When pulling forward again I use the camera to make sure the car's nose does not go over the curb or parking stone so I don't bottom out. I had a 2013 Camaro and parked over a parking stone. When later pulling out it ripped the front bumper up and I had to deal with that for the 3 year lease. Cost me like $3K to eventually fix it as I turned in the Camaro for my 2016 Vette.

Most people pull into a spot and don't realign. They either don't care to realign or they are just are centered the first time around. He's just stating while already in the spot the first time around and not even needing to reverse, why does one have to click into reverse and then back into drive to get the front camera to turn on.

I get it though. The camera needs some sort of signal to activate it (hence the reverse trigger wire). I was thinking about putting in sonar to activate the camera and have that signal trip the screen to go into camera mode, but then I realized a curb wouldn't trip the front sonar if mounted horizontally across the nose of the bumper, just a wall/tree, etc.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 161 Posts

The thread you look of is:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nt-camera.html

Being one of the guys who were really involved in this thread. I have to tell you that I use the cam I installed every time I head-in park my Vette. It works and it's a cheap way to get that Front Cam that GM should have installed in EVERY Vette.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:24 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamble52
Most people pull into a spot and don't realign.
Then push the camera button! Problem solved.

They either don't care to realign or they are just are centered the first time around. He's just stating while already in the spot the first time around and not even needing to reverse, why does one have to click into reverse and then back into drive to get the front camera to turn on.
Cause that's how it works. Either that push the camera button.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with front cameras

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with front cameras