C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have a problem driver seat control panel pulling apart from seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 09:30 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Default Anyone else have a problem driver seat control panel pulling apart from seat?

As the thread label indicates, I am having a problem with driver seat controls panel separating from the leather. Does anyone know if this a problem with the controls panel (broken tabs or connectors to the seat), or the leather seat bottom foam and/or cover.

Just trying to figure out what needs to be replaced to fix this issue.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:28 PM
767guy
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 131 Posts

Mine did the same thing around 12,000 miles last year.

The dealer replaced it under warranty as I think it was probably a broken tab.

I turn sideways in the seat to get out, putting a lot of weight on the edge of the seat. Probably "my bad' but dealer came good on it. I now try not to get as much weight on the edge of the seat exiting the car now.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:43 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Interesting. I have 5000 miles on mine.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by RACE U
As the thread label indicates, I am having a problem with driver seat controls panel separating from the leather. Does anyone know if this a problem with the controls panel (broken tabs or connectors to the seat), or the leather seat bottom foam and/or cover.

Just trying to figure out what needs to be replaced to fix this issue.

Thanks.
Hi RACE U,

I regret to hear you’re experiencing this concern with the driver's side seat control panel in your Corvette. I see that you are seeking advice from other forum members, but feel free to send us a private message if you would like to visit your dealership. We would be more than willing to help facilitate that process.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

No problem with my '14 daily driver going on 34k miles. I recently added Wet Okole covers (only set in existence) to my Competition seats and had to remove the seats from the car to install them. I tucked the edge of the covers into those panels and they felt very sturdy.

Last edited by Patches; 11-16-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:52 AM
2016YellowBeast
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently my second one broke. It is a clip issue apparently. Went to the dealership on the first one and was told it would be a "courtesy" replacement since it's considered molding. Didn't sit well with me (no pun). Told the service manager nothing should go wrong that's not covered on a car that's 6 months old. So we'll see what she says when i go in for a second fix of the same issue that should not have happened even once.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:12 PM
767guy
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 131 Posts

Does anyone find it strange that customer service chimes in when a plastic piece of seat trim fails but are nowhere to be found in the hundreds of posts regarding transmission/TC/Flexplate/Torque tube failures that require a huge maintenance procedure and out of service vehicle for many days.......and sometimes for a second or third time ???
Bizarre !!!
The following users liked this post:
My toy vette (10-31-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else have a problem driver seat control panel pulling apart from seat?

Quick Reply: Anyone else have a problem driver seat control panel pulling apart from seat?