Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NoviStretch @ CCA - C7 Corvette

Old 07-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by ddlanes
Going to take a trip up to Oregon next week so installed mine this afternoon. Took about 20 minutes to change out the 9 screws (snaps) that hold the bra on the car. Once that is done it only takes about a minute or two to open the hood, latch it on, then snap it to the car. Very easy!
Thanks for the post

Regards
Chip
Old 07-09-2017, 11:12 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

Originally Posted by berk4422
I installed mine today on a 2017 GS, fits great, looks great.
I installed on my Grand Sport with a Stage 2 aero package that I installed wider Stage 3 winglets! Just used snap extensions on the lower snap!

NoviStretch Bra added to Grand Sport with OEM Stage 2 aero package with 2 1/2 inch wider Stage 3 winglets. Just used snap extensions (lower pic) on the lower snaps. Top snaps don't need the extension. Even the lower snap is not over the 2 1/2 inch wider area.

Stage 3 winglet. 2 1/2 inch wider than Stage 2 winglet.

Last edited by JerryU; 07-09-2017 at 11:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by JerryU
I installed on my Grand Sport with a Stage 2 aero package that I installed wider Stage 3 winglets! Just used snap extensions on the lower snap!

NoviStretch Bra added to Grand Sport with OEM Stage 2 aero package with 2 1/2 inch wider Stage 3 winglets. Just used snap extensions (lower pic) on the lower snaps. Top snaps don't need the extension. Even the lower snap is not over the 2 1/2 inch wider area.

Stage 3 winglet. 2 1/2 inch wider than Stage 2 winglet.
Thanks for the post

Regards
Chip
JerryU (07-13-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 06:30 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

I have had 3 of them , great product. For those concerned about the fact they block the cams , don't be , the mesh is so fine and pulled so tight I can easily make out where the curb block is, obviously not as clear if there was not one on but plenty fine for me. The few cons do not out weigh the many pros. The alternative by GM is a nightmare . I have had many conversations with Andy at Novistretch about his product including the challenge with the cameras, they are trying alternatives but the fabric and the fact it stretches into place present a lot of challenges . I will say this about Andy and his team they stand behind their product 100% if I ever got a blemish or something he would make goof everytime ! I have the matching mirror covers as well, great product !!
Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by bbrown450
I have had 3 of them , great product. For those concerned about the fact they block the cams , don't be , the mesh is so fine and pulled so tight I can easily make out where the curb block is, obviously not as clear if there was not one on but plenty fine for me. The few cons do not out weigh the many pros. The alternative by GM is a nightmare . I have had many conversations with Andy at Novistretch about his product including the challenge with the cameras, they are trying alternatives but the fabric and the fact it stretches into place present a lot of challenges . I will say this about Andy and his team they stand behind their product 100% if I ever got a blemish or something he would make goof everytime ! I have the matching mirror covers as well, great product !!
Thanks for the post

Regards
Chip
Old 08-01-2017, 09:33 AM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

First things first..I have had one on both my C7's, because the fabric is stretched it becomes very transparent and while no there are not holes cut for the cameras I can very easily tell where the parking block starts just by looking at the cam image. These are one size fits all on the C7 any model will fit. I have spoken with Andy at Novi stretch on the camera cut outs they indicate that they are working on a solution but have not had a lot of negative feedback on this being a "must have". Finally their customer service is next to none, period, any issues please let them know and it usually results in a new one being sent out assuming it is a materials issue.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by bbrown450
First things first..I have had one on both my C7's, because the fabric is stretched it becomes very transparent and while no there are not holes cut for the cameras I can very easily tell where the parking block starts just by looking at the cam image. These are one size fits all on the C7 any model will fit. I have spoken with Andy at Novi stretch on the camera cut outs they indicate that they are working on a solution but have not had a lot of negative feedback on this being a "must have". Finally their customer service is next to none, period, any issues please let them know and it usually results in a new one being sent out assuming it is a materials issue.
Thanks for the post

Regards
Chip
Old 10-20-2017, 09:50 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by walker3
how hard is it to install?
then how hard (long does it take) to put on and off -

want one when driving but would like to take off when I get there -

still have not decided if I want one or not
SUPER easy to install and when you want to take it off, once again, super easy
Old 10-20-2017, 07:14 PM
36couper
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Chip
I just ordered one but $100 to ship to Canada??? That's outrageous!
There was no other option for shipping on your website.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 36couper
Chip
Its a glitch - we don't ship to Canada via the website.

PM me your email address and I will send you an invoice.

Should be about $28 via the USPS

Regards
Chip
Old 10-21-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by 36couper
Chip
You have a PM

Regards
Chip
Old 01-29-2018, 09:02 PM
jmmoh
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine is the blue one. Really like my novastrech
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by jmmoh
Mine is the blue one. Really like my novastrech
Thanks for the pics

Regards
Chip
Old 05-09-2018, 03:42 PM

Ready for your SPRING Road Trip?

Regards
Chip
Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Is there a difference between the one for a Stingray and the one for a Grand Sport Stage two aero like my car?

It has the smaller winglets on each side up front. How is it fastened? Doesn't appear I would be able to install the bottom corners like the installation video.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:26 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^

See posts # 23/24. I even added Stage 3 Winglets to my Stgae 2 aero splitter and had it fit! You're right that bottm corner may not fit but with 3 snaps per soide it doesn't have too. As I recall from the instructions when I installed in on my 2014 it said that was optional anyway. This is the same bra, I used on my 2014 Z51 with and without my added splitter.

I just installed for a 250 mile round trip on back roads. Even decided to use 1 1/2 inch extensions on the two bottom snaps. Worked fine. I like it as it does no harm to the paint and is very easy to install and remove. Big advantage over other bras is this one stops bugs from getting in the grill. No effect on engine cooling. Had sections of the drive, ~80 miles, of a very twisty road with many passing capabilities but in very short distances because of the visibility with the terrain. Was in lower gears for this 55 mph speed limit road that with a normal car it difficult to hold to the speed limit. With the Vette lots of fun! Oil temp went up 20 degrees because of the aggressive driving and quickly passing cars in lower gears then braking in that twisty section but coolant temp never budged.

My PDF shows it installed on my 2014 and what I did to have it fit my Grand Sport with Stage 3 Winglets: http://netwelding.com/Nylon_Bra.pdf

I installed mine with the Splitter Protector. If you don't have one the bottom snaps screw into the plastic tray under your splitter.

You might need the snap extensions shown in this pc but probably not as it stretches. They are available from a number of sources. As I recall the PDF shows a marine supply source on Amazon as they are used on boat covers as I did on my pontoon boat. When those boat covers shrink you add them. They come in various lengths. I would not worry about catching those lower corners.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-10-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^

See posts # 23/24. I even added Stage 3 Winglets to my Stgae 2 aero splitter and had it fit! You're right that bottm corner may not fit but with 3 snaps per soide it doesn't have too. As I recall from the instructions when I installed in on my 2014 it said that was optional anyway. This is the same bra, I used on my 2014 Z51 with and without my added splitter.

I just installed for a 250 mile round trip on back roads. Even decided to use 1 1/2 inch extensions on the two bottom snaps. Worked fine. I like it as it does no harm to the paint and is very easy to install and remove. Big advantage over other bras is this one stops bugs from getting in the grill. No effect on engine cooling. Had sections of the drive, ~80 miles, of a very twisty road with many passing capabilities but in very short distances because of the visibility with the terrain. Was in lower gears for this 55 mph speed limit road that with a normal car it difficult to hold to the speed limit. With the Vette lots of fun! Oil temp went up 20 degrees because of the aggressive driving and quickly passing cars in lower gears then braking in that twisty section but coolant temp never budged.

My PDF shows it installed on my 2014 and what I did to have it fit my Grand Sport with Stage 3 Winglets:

I installed mine with the Splitter Protector. If you don't have one the bottom snaps screw into the plastic tray under your splitter.

You might need the snap extensions shown in this pc but probably not as it stretches. They are available from a number of sources. As I recall the PDF shows a marine supply source on Amazon as they are used on boat covers as I did on my pontoon boat. When those boat covers shrink you add them. They come in various lengths. I would not worry about catching those lower corners.
Thank you for the information. Some websites have you select the NoviStretch bra by Stingray or GS/Z06 and other only give the choice of Stingray. I was wondering if there really is a difference or if they are both the same. None of the web sites that have you pick model show a part number so I could see if they were the same.

Seems like this is the solution I want. Just wasn't happy with Xpel at the 4 year point. To this day my installer is the one everyone in my area recommends.

Get notified of new replies

To NoviStretch @ CCA - C7 Corvette

Old 05-10-2018, 07:00 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^
Thanks. Just checked the Novistretch website to be sure they had no other offering. It states:
Fits all 2014 - Current 7th Generation Corvettes, including Z06 (*not intended for use with Z07 package when utilizing larger "track use" winglets/end-plates).

However as you'll note in my PDF I made it fit with Stage 3 Winglets! That does require the purchase of longer screw-snaps and a few snap extensions! No big deal as I needed to buy some snap screws anyway as I left them installed on my 2014 when I sold it!

In your case, with Stage 2 Winglets, that is not an issue. They supply the snaps that replace the three screws on each side that hold the bra. Your bottom snap will fit fine as the Bra will go above and perhaps slightly behind your Stage 2 Winglets.

If you wanted, at some point to install Stage 3 Winglets, you would have to buy the longer screw-snaps as I did and shown in the PDF because they attach to the same 3 inner fender well screws and have to fit in that raised Stage 3 Winglet plastic. In my case it is easiest to get them to snap with the front wheels turned. If you have fat hands like me you may fine it advantageous to turn the front wheels for easy access to the snaps. No big deal!

Not sure why I bothered to use the snap extensions on the two snaps under the splitter. Frankly saw them in the plastic bag where I keep the NoviStretch so used them! It is compact and fits in my rear compartment. As I said, don't think you will need them at all.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-10-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dave80C3
Is there a difference between the one for a Stingray and the one for a Grand Sport Stage two aero like my car?

It has the smaller winglets on each side up front. How is it fastened? Doesn't appear I would be able to install the bottom corners like the installation video.

Yes there is a difference between Stingray and Z06/GS
They are different part numbers

The Z06/GS will fit Stage 1 and Stage 2

As Jerry noted (Tks Jerry) you will need slight modification if you
have a Stage 3 front splitter

Regards
Chip
Old 05-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Custom Corvette Accessories
Yes there is a difference between Stingray and Z06/GS
They are different part numbers

The Z06/GS will fit Stage 1 and Stage 2

As Jerry noted (Tks Jerry) you will need slight modification if you
have a Stage 3 front splitter

Regards
Chip
What is the Part number for the Z06/GS? Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NoviStretch @ CCA - C7 Corvette