Sponsored by:

The Corvette Is a Perfect Example of Efficiency

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Corvette Forum Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
Default The Corvette Is a Perfect Example of Efficiency

Corvette design has always had the appeal of swoopy curves. The main purpose, of course, is for efficiency.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
Old 12-20-2016, 01:39 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Well, yeah, sorta..... so, I roll down the windows on my C7, put a piece of paper in the passenger seat and drive at 80... what happens with the paper? It flies around the cabin or flies out the window....

I roll down the windows on my 28-year-old Ferrari 328 GTB, put a piece of paper on the passenger seat and drive at 80 - what happens is 180° out from what happens in the C7. The paper gently flutters a bit in the breeze...

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like my C7 (sixth Corvette)... but the old F-car does some things even better than the new kid on the block.

Last edited by 4thC4at60; 12-20-2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelliing
Old 12-20-2016, 07:10 PM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

The Corvette is a great car for good gas mileage and the minimal wind resistance factor is great.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:17 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thC4at60
Well, yeah, sorta..... so, I roll down the windows on my C7, put a piece of paper in the passenger seat and drive at 80... what happens with the paper? It flies around the cabin or flies out the window....

I roll down the windows on my 28-year-old Ferrari 328 GTB, put a piece of paper on the passenger seat and drive at 80 - what happens is 180° out from what happens in the C7. The paper gently flutters a bit in the breeze...

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like my C7 (sixth Corvette)... but the old F-car does some things even better than the new kid on the block.
I agree! The Ferrari is a much better car if what you're trying to accomplish is to keep your papers from flying around the cabin on a hot day....
The following users liked this post:
Zap City (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 07:25 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

The GTB has a lower drag coefficient than the C7, but the C7 is considerably quicker/faster, and an overall better performance vehicle. Not knocking the Ferrari, it was great for it's time.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by defaria
I agree! The Ferrari is a much better car if what you're trying to accomplish is to keep your papers from flying around the cabin on a hot day....
I LOL'd. Thank you sir.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:20 AM
SteveSoCal
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts

My brother had 1989 328 GTS that he bought new.

Driving at freeway speed with the targa panel off, you could carry
on a conversion at normal voice level. Amazing..
Old 12-21-2016, 04:34 PM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

4th, nobody appreciates a Ferrari more than I do (I've loved them all since I was a kid), but your comment doesn't really show anything about aerodynamics of the Corvette compared to the 328. One could do the same thing in a 1965 Dodge 200 pickup truck.

Get notified of new replies

To The Corvette Is a Perfect Example of Efficiency

Quick Reply: The Corvette Is a Perfect Example of Efficiency