Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 12:43 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

To elaborate, the OEM MSRC controller gets unplugged and removed, and the DSC controller is plugged in and mounted in the same bracket behind the front driver's side fender liner. It's a less than 30 minute job.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-18-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Vonfido
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Damn - sounds amazing

I decided when I bought my new 2017 Grand Sport that I would not be modding it at all. Having read through this entire thread my mind has been changed and I will be going down to Excelsior Monday to get a DSC installed. Hoping it's all that and a bag of chips. I'll let you know my impressions.

Last edited by Vonfido; 02-18-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:06 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonfido
I decided when I bought my new 2017 Grand Sport that I would not be modding it at all. Having read through this entire thread my mind has been changed and I will be going down to Excelsior Monday to get a DSC installed. Hoping it's all that and a bag of chips. I'll let you know my impressions.
Did you also see/read the parallel C7 Z06 DSC thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ervations.html
Old 02-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Vonfido
Instructor

Default Dsc on z06 forum

Originally Posted by rikhek

I didn't but I guess now I should lol - is it as positive as your take on the controller? Crazy for me to trust anyone on an Internet forum but the posts here have me convinced. Not going to race my car but I want that planted experience and best quality in every mode.

I had a c5 and a c6 and loved them but the c7 Grand Sport is in another league in my experience
Old 02-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Vonfido
Instructor

Old 02-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Vonfido
Instructor

Ok just read everything from those posts - Now I can't wait until Monday - thanks all for sharing all this great information
Old 02-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Ok, I'm getting familiar( dry run ) with using the DSC Tuning Software and it's looking fairly straight forward in some respects.
Changing Specific program settings I have no idea what I would change or why.
At this time I'm not looking to change any OEM DSC settings.
Reading a file from the DSC and "saving as" into a Folder, then Installing a different Program to the DSC seems straight forward.
This is what I'm interested in doing.
I want to Save the OEM Tour Program/settings from the DSC to a Folder, and Install the Tour Plush program/settings.
With that in mind, when I Write/Install the DSC Tour Plush Program/Settings, I presume, it overwrites the OEM DSC Tour settings and I'm good to go.
Am I on the right Track
Thanks in advance
Old 02-18-2017, 03:06 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Dif
Ok, I'm getting familiar( dry run ) with using the DSC Tuning Software and it's looking fairly straight forward in some respects.
Changing Specific program settings I have no idea what I would change or why.
At this time I'm not looking to change any OEM DSC settings.
Reading a file from the DSC and "saving as" into a Folder, then Installing a different Program to the DSC seems straight forward.
This is what I'm interested in doing.
I want to Save the OEM Tour Program/settings from the DSC to a Folder, and Install the Tour Plush program/settings.
With that in mind, when I Write/Install the DSC Tour Plush Program/Settings, I presume, it overwrites the OEM DSC Tour settings and I'm good to go.
Am I on the right Track
Thanks in advance
Everything you said is not only advised but is what I did exactly. The few runs I've had on some local winding roads shows the car to be more planted. Can't wait for autocross. Don't forget to calibrate it while sitting in the car.
The following users liked this post:
Dif (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I see where I can Calibrate the shocks.
Did not do that when I first Installed the DSC Controller and drove it.
So now, after I Install the Tour Plush Program I will/should Calibrate the shocks
Old 02-18-2017, 05:04 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Kushan at Excelsior is a great guy impressive I get to talk to a lot of people he impresses me. Hard working and loves what he does he has his own car to test with and is very conscientious he knows the software and the setup he's the man
Tell him Michael says hello he reminds me of myself
Old 02-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Vonfido
Instructor

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Kushan at Excelsior is a great guy impressive I get to talk to a lot of people he impresses me. Hard working and loves what he does he has his own car to test with and is very conscientious he knows the software and the setup he's the man
Tell him Michael says hello he reminds me of myself
Thanks Mike - I will do and I am excited to get your cool product installed and setup in my car - the car stock is the most fun I have ever had in a car and Ive driven a lot of very nice sport cars. I will post initial impressions when I get back from Excelsor - Im amped
Old 02-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Installed the Tour Plush settings/Program but won't be driving for a while with all the snow we have.
First time using the Software and had some confusion knowing if the program actually went in.
Saved the Original DSC Tour settings and when I compared them to the Tour Plush now in the DSC Controller they looked the same.
Took a while to realize the difference was in the Shock Calibration section.
Not sure if I did the zero out Shock Calibration correctly sitting in the car with it level.
Will be going over that again at a later date.
Here's the screen shots comparing the OEM DSC Tour and DSC Tour Plush
Attached Images   
cheapthrills (02-20-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 08:24 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Dif
I see where I can Calibrate the shocks.
Did not do that when I first Installed the DSC Controller and drove it.
So now, after I Install the Tour Plush Program I will/should Calibrate the shocks
You only need to calibrate the shocks one time unless you change firmware or change ride height to do the cal follow these steps
level car with driver
key on
plug in usb and go to setting tab
click Zero Travel
follow prompt
thats it the cal is embedded in the eprom area that cant be overwritten until you go through these steps or reflash firmware with eprom
Dif (02-19-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 05:19 AM
r84boomer66
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Does the software work with a Mac computer?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:53 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by r84boomer66
Does the software work with a Mac computer?
No. But I run parallels and it works fine.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Vonfido
Instructor

Default Just had DSC installed and...

drove it about 50 miles home on mostly freeway. Work was done at Excelsior Motorsports by Kushan Peykarian and his crew in Escondido, CA. Install was very fast and my new controller was loaded with the very latest software updates and then they test drove the car in every mode. Really nice guys and they talked to Mike at DSC while I was waiting and these guys are very passionate/obsessed with these Corvettes and what makes them handle at optimal levels.

First impressions are that installing this is a MAJOR upgrade to the suspension. Within a block you could feel it was much smoother in touring mode. On the freeway the ride is dramatically better and it takes those concrete transitions and smooths them right out. As we were driving my wife was kicking back and said - WOW - this really drives nice now and she is used to her BMW.

Looking forward to driving it on some twists and turns to see how it feels in sport mode and sticks but so far a very very good upgrade to a car I already love. btw - I have an A8 2017 Grand Sport with a little over 1000 miles and I have a pretty good idea of how the car feels with/without the DSC Controller. Thanks for all the info from everyone here and thanks to Excelsior Motorsports for dialing it all in for me. These people are very passionate about their cars and it shows.

Last edited by Vonfido; 02-20-2017 at 04:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vonfido:
Dif (02-20-2017), Foosh (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Tour Plush 2 Thumbs UP !

The roads cleared and just couldn't wait to try the Tour Plush settings/program.
There was a Noticeable improvement with the canned DSC Tour program compared to the GM OEM Tour mode.
Now there's Very Noticeable difference over the canned DSC Tour program with the DSC Tour Plush program installed
Even smoother ride over any kind of road surface including shallow pot holes.
And this is with the Z51 suspension.
At highway speeds, there's a slight quick bounce over rough quick dips in the road, but car is still very stable.
I wondered if it would sacrifice handling a little, but it seems to have improved it when needed.
This time of year I'm running the older Original version Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires.
And used to be able to make the rear kick out for an instant before it would grab again when pushing the car on an exit.
Keeping it in Tour Plush, I pushed it on an exit and half way through hit the throttle harder trying to get the rear to kick out a bit.
Not happening now, rear digs in and car tracks straight through
Thank You DSC Sport

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations

Old 02-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Vonfido
Instructor

i put my car in Tour - does it show up somewhere that there is a Tour Plush mode?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:06 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonfido
i put my car in Tour - does it show up somewhere that there is a Tour Plush mode?
You have to load the calibration file that has plush touring rather than standard touring. The Touring selection is the same on the car. You can load the plush touring into the track setting if you wanted.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Vonfido
Instructor

Yikes - I need to find out how to do that - Id like that mode to be the one my car is in around town - I don't have the files - better call Excelsior I guess

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations