DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:20 AM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
It's VERY simple. Most do it themselves, but I live 30 miles from DSC, and wanted them to do an alignment to their specs, so I watched them install it in about 10 minutes after they finished the alignment.

Most here self-installed, it is plug-and-play, and it comes programmed. You can reprogram settings if you want, but it's not necessary. I haven't touched mine because a) it comes programmed by a master suspension engineer and world-class race car driver, and b) I love it the way it is.

The simple instructions are on the webpage below.

http://www.dscsport.com/corvette/
Foosh, I am going to order it but I only have a mac and I see you said Mike used his phone to zero out your car? (I have an android phone) I don't see on their site how to download an app for the phone? any advice, thanks
Old 07-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

^ eric04 .. there's no app, .. the Controller has it's own Wi-Fi signal and can log into the Controller like a Router etc.
Open a browser on your Android and type 10.10.10.1 to get into the Controller Wi-Fi.

Here's some info:
Quote from Poor-sha posted in the Z06 section.
" The WiFi should be working though and you use it by doing the following:
- Turn your car on to accessory mode (do not turn it to "on" or start the car).
- Bring up a browser and go to http://10.10.10.1 (I know Chrome works but haven't had a chance to test other browsers"
- That should take you straight to the UI for the controller. By default there is no wifi password so set one. It's under the settings page.

If you don't have an option to set a wifi password then you need to update the software by downloading it from DSC.
Mike offered me the following quick instructions but I've not tried it myself since my controller was already up to date.

The updates to the wifi are installed in wifi by going to settings then file then simply select the file one at a time, the "P" will float until loaded, after both files are loaded reset the browser and next time in there will be a password in settings. "
End Quote....
I read the above info and had difficulty connecting at first, but with trial and error finally connected.

To get started, Press and HOLD the start button, foot Off the brake, without starting the car to put it in Ignition mode.
Ignition mode will not time out like Accessory mode will.

Then, on my Laptop ( or Android Phone ) I clicked the Wi-Fi symbol and it opened a list of available Wi-Fi connections.
"DSC" showed up on the list.
I clicked Connect with no luck.
So I opened a web page and typed in 10.10.10.1 and that still wouldn't connect.

FYI, 1st time results vary and you may be able to connect right away no problem.

What happened to me, with the web page open and http://10.10.10.1 still in the search box, I when back to the WI-Fi symbol and clicked connect.
While it was searching to connect to the Controller, I Refreshed the web page and it connected.
It brought up the Controller type software page with all the file settings blank.
What it showed is a layout variation of the Tuning Software.

In the Tuning Software I went into Settings and there was no place to put a password.
So I refreshed the page and went through the connecting sequence again.
This time there was a place to enter a password.
Put in a password and underneath Click .. "Save and Reboot"

When I went back and clicked the Wi-Fi symbol on the Computer, ( or Android Phone ) there's a place to enter your password for it to connect.

FYI, once you do this, you won't always need to use your Password.
It should auto connect like any other Wi-Fi location on your Android Wi-Fi list.

Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
eric04 (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 04:16 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Finally ordered mine today! I can't wait to try it at the track!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:10 PM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dif
^ eric04 .. there's no app, .. the Controller has it's own Wi-Fi signal and can log into the Controller like a Router etc.
Open a browser on your Android and type 10.10.10.1 to get into the Controller Wi-Fi.

Here's some info:
Quote from Poor-sha posted in the Z06 section.
" The WiFi should be working though and you use it by doing the following:
- Turn your car on to accessory mode (do not turn it to "on" or start the car).
- Bring up a browser and go to http://10.10.10.1 (I know Chrome works but haven't had a chance to test other browsers"
- That should take you straight to the UI for the controller. By default there is no wifi password so set one. It's under the settings page.

If you don't have an option to set a wifi password then you need to update the software by downloading it from DSC.
Mike offered me the following quick instructions but I've not tried it myself since my controller was already up to date.

The updates to the wifi are installed in wifi by going to settings then file then simply select the file one at a time, the "P" will float until loaded, after both files are loaded reset the browser and next time in there will be a password in settings. "
End Quote....
I read the above info and had difficulty connecting at first, but with trial and error finally connected.

To get started, Press and HOLD the start button, foot Off the brake, without starting the car to put it in Ignition mode.
Ignition mode will not time out like Accessory mode will.

Then, on my Laptop ( or Android Phone ) I clicked the Wi-Fi symbol and it opened a list of available Wi-Fi connections.
"DSC" showed up on the list.
I clicked Connect with no luck.
So I opened a web page and typed in 10.10.10.1 and that still wouldn't connect.

FYI, 1st time results vary and you may be able to connect right away no problem.

What happened to me, with the web page open and http://10.10.10.1 still in the search box, I when back to the WI-Fi symbol and clicked connect.
While it was searching to connect to the Controller, I Refreshed the web page and it connected.
It brought up the Controller type software page with all the file settings blank.
What it showed is a layout variation of the Tuning Software.

In the Tuning Software I went into Settings and there was no place to put a password.
So I refreshed the page and went through the connecting sequence again.
This time there was a place to enter a password.
Put in a password and underneath Click .. "Save and Reboot"

When I went back and clicked the Wi-Fi symbol on the Computer, ( or Android Phone ) there's a place to enter your password for it to connect.

FYI, once you do this, you won't always need to use your Password.
It should auto connect like any other Wi-Fi location on your Android Wi-Fi list.

Hope this helps
Great info thank you
Old 07-25-2017, 01:24 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by rb185afm
Finally ordered mine today! I can't wait to try it at the track!
Braking is crazy. You can feel the rear working so much harder.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:12 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
Braking is crazy. You can feel the rear working so much harder.
Haha reading your post is was pushed me over the edge to buy it.
village idiot (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 04:07 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by eric04
Foosh, I am going to order it but I only have a mac and I see you said Mike used his phone to zero out your car? (I have an android phone) I don't see on their site how to download an app for the phone? any advice, thanks
there is no app its wifi you connect using a search engine chrome works great on android super easy to use
eric04 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 04:18 PM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
there is no app its wifi you connect using a search engine chrome works great on android super easy to use
Thanks, after my 500 mile oil change this will be my first mod. I will be calling you as soon as I am ready.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:45 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by rb185afm
Haha reading your post is was pushed me over the edge to buy it.
my home track is rough AF, and it turned it into glass.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:40 AM
AKKutz
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Question.... I just received my V2 yesterday. It came with nothing, no cable, no literature, is this S.O.P.?
Old 07-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by AKKutz
Question.... I just received my V2 yesterday. It came with nothing, no cable, no literature, is this S.O.P.?
save the trees, bro

http://www.dscsport.com/wp-content/u...stallation.pdf
Old 07-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by AKKutz
Link for cable. USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to Mini-B - 6 Feet

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Rookieracer; 07-28-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:15 PM
helip1lot
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK guys i need some help. Ive installed my controller and I can see the wifi signal on my iPad but can't connect to it as I don't have the wifi password. Ive read through here that you can go to 10.10.10.1 but that doesn't work as I'm not connected to the wifi. Without a password you can't join the network. I do not have access to a PC or Android phone to try that.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by helip1lot
OK guys i need some help. Ive installed my controller and I can see the wifi signal on my iPad but can't connect to it as I don't have the wifi password. Ive read through here that you can go to 10.10.10.1 but that doesn't work as I'm not connected to the wifi. Without a password you can't join the network. I do not have access to a PC or Android phone to try that.
have you tried just clicking "connect" ? I have never needed a password. but have only done it on a windows laptop.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 07-28-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 PM
helip1lot
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK problem solved with the default password sent to me... thanks Poor-sha!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:11 AM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok, so when I connect my phone will there be a button to select to zero the suspension?
Old 07-31-2017, 05:35 AM
formula80_ca
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
The only thing you should do is "zero out" the shocks, which needs to be done with you sitting in the driver's seat. That can easily be done before you button everything back up w/ a USB cable connected to a laptop, or it can be done via the built in Wi-Fi. Mike did mine via Wi-Fi with his cell phone. All instructions are on the link I just posted above.

Alignment is probably the trickiest part because most dealers don't have the tool to adjust rear caster. You should find a performance alignment shop, and if you call DSC, they can probably help you find a suitable shop in your area.

The DSC alignment specs are published several places in this thread, but since it is a long thread, here they are again.

Hello, can anyone comment on the front caster setting that DSC Sport recommends? Specifically why it is lower (6.5 - 7.0) than what GM and many other track prep shops recommend, that are in the 7 plus range, up to 8. In general, more positive caster = more camber on outside wheel during turns. Do they find negative effects with caster over 7.0 with the C7 suspension geometry?

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations

Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

This is an oversight on our part my original setup notes were the stock setting worked best closer to 7.5 no real difference when set to 7.0. but when I was running more than 8.0 it had too much weight jacking or ackerman. when i was under 7.0 it was dull feeling . My car is set to 7.5 we will change the setup sheet after I confirm its been a bit crazy here and we are leaving for Road America this week
Old 07-31-2017, 09:38 AM
08G8V8
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts

This is an oversight on our part my original setup notes were the stock setting worked best closer to 7.5 no real difference when set to 7.0. but when I was running more than 8.0 it had too much weight jacking or ackerman. when i was under 7.0 it was dull feeling . My car is set to 7.5 we will change the setup sheet after I confirm its been a bit crazy here and we are leaving for Road America this week
Hey Mike,
I know you are busy, but I sent you a PM in regard to my alignment I had done last week. If you could take a look and respond back I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 09:30 PM
formula80_ca
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for that update Mike!

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations