Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 01:06 AM
Alphaqtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears View Post
Thanks for checking in! And please do post pictures, the ones that went to the middle east seem to be nicely outfitted! .

Can you confirm your VIN for me? Is it 1G1Y12D77H5300354 or 1G1Y92D77H5300354
you're welcome. sure thing will check the VIN for sure once I head back home since I'm using my gmc sierra pickup as my daily driver for work :p.

=====================

First of all before I proceed with the story of this beauty I would like to apologize for my grammatical mistakes if u notice some please pass on since English isn't my first language hehe.

Soo.. tbh the past year or so ive been looking for any GS vette offered for sale from owners preferably red with low mileage and no heavy mods or whats so ever for warranty reasons with reasonable price.

ive never been sports car guy due to bad road layouts and speed bumps every where around but oh man that vette is expectation. And finally I found this car with all what asked for previously low mileage etc.. and an additional bonus being a collectors edition!. so I couldn't pass on lool. specially when I saw it in real life, photos dont show the full potential of that beauty.

furthermore, as far as I know there is only Two GS CE vetts Here in Qatar as I have been told by the dealer. And still I haven't came cross of that second one in the streets as of today.

car currently runs with ported throttle. Air filter. borla X pipe. all parts arranged by previous owner with the dealer.

plot twist, it turned out the previous car owner took the same school I was in when we were kids lool and he already knew alot of my friends lool.

sorry for the non professional photos :P, just took them right before heading to work.

Edit: forgot to upload more clear interior photos

Last edited by Alphaqtr; 06-27-2019 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:51 AM
mountainears
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 806 Likes on 499 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Judgment Day View Post
Champion Chevrolet has redone their website a bit. Upon looking at their stock, it appears that their Collector's Edition is gone from their inventory. So all things considered, we're now down to the last remaining brand new Grand Sport CE. That vehicle is designated under #829, located in Torrence, California.
It's a convertible and an 8-speed. They also knocked 20k off the MSRP (finally).

And alas, #829 no longer shows on their website..... As far as I can tell, there are no new ones left!
The following users liked this post:
Judgment Day (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Jeff V.
CF Senior Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphaqtr View Post
you're welcome. sure thing will check the VIN for sure once I head back home since I'm using my gmc sierra pickup as my daily driver for work :p.

=====================

First of all before I proceed with the story of this beauty I would like to apologize for my grammatical mistakes if u notice some please pass on since English isn't my first language hehe.

Your English is better than some of the Americans who post on this site

Your car is beautiful. Congrats!

Last edited by Jeff V.; 06-27-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:25 PM
Tweedy
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

If you haven't noticed the moderators changed the sticky posts. They now have one sticky post to show three "popular" model type threads. GSCE, Carbon 65 and Convertibles. In that post it has links to the threads. Makes it a little more difficult to keep up on things and it doesn't work really well with their mobile client (if you use the mobile client) as the links launch a browser. This isn't something I have control over, I have vented my concerns to the moderator. If you have concerns with it, that is the option as well, lodge a complaint with the moderators. The response I received was that they needed to do some consolidation of the sticky threads, I suggested some others that could have been consolidated....Oh, and had my GSCE in for service the other day, just an oil change. But found out that my AC Compressor is leaking so they are going to order those parts and get it replaced. Searching the forums it sounds like it is not too uncommon....
Hi Ken, Same thing just happened to me. 3000 miles on my car - went in for an oil change and found a suspected leak on the AC system around the compressor. Service manager asked if I had issues with it supplying cold AC and I havenít so he said to drive it and WHEN, not if it dies to let him know and heíll replace the compressor

Also - has anyone found a blue 4-point seat belt harness for the track that closely matches the Tension Blue interior? I have competition seats and would like to install a 4-point for track days.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:02 PM
mountainears
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Tweedy View Post
Hi Ken, Same thing just happened to me. 3000 miles on my car - went in for an oil change and found a suspected leak on the AC system around the compressor. Service manager asked if I had issues with it supplying cold AC and I havenít so he said to drive it and WHEN, not if it dies to let him know and heíll replace the compressor
They are just replacing mine. Getting that done and the Power Steering Recall done at the same time. Both they say are 4.5 hour jobs each....

They said it's making a mess under the car, not sure what yours is like, I didn't see it personally. But you may just want to say it is starting to blow warmer...definitely get it done before your warranty goes out.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:53 AM
banph
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Ken,

Was there a power steering recall, if so did others get the notification? I did not even know of it until you mention it.
I have a question for others on this forum with the Z07 option. Did they receive the Foam Covers at delivery that protects the Ceramic rotors when the wheel has to be removed? I did not receive them nor is there any mention of the caution or removal process in my owners manual. Am I missing something?
I know ZR1 owners with this option mention the removal procedure and my manual has nothing about this process.

However, I did purchase extenders to help support the wheel and protect the rotors and not scratch the calipers. below is the product that ZR1 owners recommend
over the foam.
http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...tegory=4643105

Thanks
Old 06-30-2019, 12:09 PM
mountainears
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by banph
Ken,

Was there a power steering recall, if so did others get the notification? I did not even know of it until you mention it.
Thanks
Yes, there is a recall but it only impacts certain VIN vehicles. It would show up if you look you're car up on the GM recall site or in your OnStar report.
https://my.chevrolet.com/recalls
Old 06-30-2019, 01:23 PM
banph
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks,

looked it up and no recall on my Vin
Old 07-02-2019, 08:37 AM
AT_Viper

I think it depends on how much you want to invest and how concerned you are :-) I did the whole car and am pretty happy I did. It came down to washing and cleaning the car, not so much the chip protection. Knowing I have it pretty much everywhere on the car I don't have to think about how I treat the car when I'm cleaning it. Not that I abuse it, but if I get some bird crap or other debris on the car, I usually don't worry about rubbing it with my micro fiber towel and some cleaner to get it off. If I didn't have XPel on it with a dark car like this I would be worrying about swirls and other issues in the paint by doing that. Just makes for one less thing to worry about in my mind.....
Well guys, I bit the bullet. Dropped the car off at ThrottleStop just next to Road America, yesterday. Doing a 3/4 coverage of the car in PPF and then a full Ceramic Coat. Just made sense ahead of a long trip to Florida in 2 weeks and peace of mind while driving. Thanks for the advice and I will be sure to post pictures when the car is done.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:04 PM
NmexMAX

Picked up # 405 last Monday. Traded in my '15 Z51 (in the 1st and 2nd pics) for it.

Santa Fe, New Mexico.
1482 miles
61,995 USD

Old 07-03-2019, 06:31 PM
mountainears
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

[QUOTE=NmexMAX;1599690010]Picked up # 405 last Monday. Traded in my '15 Z51 (in the 1st and 2nd pics) for it.

Santa Fe, New Mexico.
1482 miles
61,995 USD

Nice, congrats! Thanks for sharing the details too, I'll update the registry. Sounds like you negotiated a very reasonable deal for one w/Z07 package
Old 07-12-2019, 12:29 PM
AT_Viper

Originally Posted by AT_Viper View Post
Thanks for the info guys. It is probably wise to spend the money and get Xpel so I don't have to worry. Did you guys do the whole car or just the front end? I don't see much value in doing anything back from the doors.
Here's the finished product complete with the red removal on all badging and smoked side markers.

2/3 PPF and Full Ceramic Coating

Red removal on front and rear badges

Red removal on GS side badges
Old 07-12-2019, 12:30 PM
mountainears
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I take it you are pleased with the results? :-) Looks great!
Old 07-14-2019, 08:50 AM
olblue75
CF Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I was working on my door sills before I left for India and gotta say they should have came from the factory in the blue.
i don't think they thought that through very well.
RPI was the badges in CF (hydro dip) and think they would look good with blue also.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 AM
Russbruns
CF Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Tagged by 18 wheeler while on road trip. Can't upload video.. (I always run pdr for this very reason). Moved me over a bit...... not to mention the shock to the system... will get a few better pics later. Let's say very pissed!

Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 AM
AT_Viper

Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I was working on my door sills before I left for India and gotta say they should have came from the factory in the blue.
i don't think they thought that through very well.
RPI was the badges in CF (hydro dip) and think they would look good with blue also.
Agreed, the doors sills just flow with the interior when in Blue and really rounds the car off. Big miss on GM's part.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 AM
AT_Viper

Originally Posted by Russbruns View Post
Tagged by 18 wheeler while on road trip. Can't upload video.. (I always run pdr for this very reason). Moved me over a bit...... not to mention the shock to the system... will get a few better pics later. Let's say very pissed!

Ouch Man! At least YOU are alright and everything else can be repaired. Stay safe out there!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: