Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:35 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

From what I'm hearing they are churning out quite a few CE's right now, my person at the museum says he's seeing a lot more on the assembly line right now. There are already quite a few CE's still sitting on dealer lots and there will be a new special edition coming for 2018. They are going to want to get these things gone. While those of us that own them really enjoy the blue, there is enough uniqueness there it can make it a tough sell. Especially when people are able to order the car the way they want to get it.... When the plant closes in June, this will be their time to really push and get those cars gone I think.

Once production ends, I'll keep tracking of course and I'll probably shift to a mode where I revisit ones that are currently listed on dealer sites and see when they disappear so we can see how long these things last at the dealers.... To that end, I've added to the Statistics Page a Dealer Inventory chart, which will become more accurate as I go back and revisit those dealer sites. Currently I only know if a car leaves a dealership when someone tells me. In the future I'll assume it is gone if it doesn't show up on the dealer website that I saw it on previously.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:44 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Still working on the sill plate mystery a bit as well as some other mysteries with car 0001, will report back when and if I get those sorted.

But seeing the sill plates on the Carbon 65 makes me think we got screwed on ours :-)
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2017, 06:20 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Doing some searches on Facebook, first one I found in Europe, #0092. So clearly some of the early ones headed out overseas.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mountainears; 04-13-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 AM
CorvetteGSCE
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys! I am new to the forum and hopefully soon new to being a Vette owner! I have been dreaming of my first ever since my parents took me to the museum when I was 10. I am currently 31, so this would be a large purchase for me at this stage in life. I was originally thinking of ordering a lower optioned GS, but with Chevy only adding that one color for 18, I have now decided I want to search for a CE! I know it's a love or hate thing for many, but I absolutely love the tension blue! I was really hoping to support my local dealership here in Northern Indiana, however, they are a smalltown dealer and only have 1 GS in stock. Unfortunately they are just not going to be able to compete with these large volume dealers as far as price goes. So I am currently talking with Les Standford in Michigan, and have put a deposit down on an M7 coupe with comp seats, transparent roof, and carbon flash mirrors. They also have 2 other manual coupes with the GT seats and body colored roof. I'm hoping to sit in both when I make the drive so that I know for sure what i want, but I am just drawn to those competition seats! I guess I am just wanting any feedback you all would like to give me on 2 things, the seats and the transparent roof. I'm a smaller guy 5' 10" 165 pounds, so I think the seats would fit me ok. As far as the roof goes, I was in Atlantic City for work earlier this year and actually test drove a white GS at Kerbeck Chevrolet. It had a body colored roof and for some reason being in that small space I just felt extra closed in without any light from the roof panel. However, I love the blue quilted stitching on the solid CE roofs. Just wondered what you all have experienced and which way you chose to go on the roof as well as the seats? Thank you in advance, I couldn't be more excited to join this club. Hopefully everything works out and I'm soon enjoying my new collector edition!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm 5'10" with a bit more luggage than you're frame and I really like the comp seats. I can feel the side supports in the legs a little, but I enjoy how they hold me into the seats and I really like how they look. The seats are a pretty personal thing though too, like how shoes feel to you vs someone else. If you have an opportunity, sit in both, go for a drive.

As far as the roof, to me the stitching is it, you have to have it :-) You can always take the roof off when needed, you'll definitely get used to it. Now, you have other options, you can always buy a second roof down the road or there is a two roof option as well. But I think once you have it and get used to it you won't use the other roof much.

If you haven't already, go back to the first post in this thread and go through the registry sheet, can help you locate what you want (some may have sold by now, but it's a start). You can use the filters on the headings to filter out cars that you don't want, options you don't want, locations, etc. I'm seeing 12 in Indiana, 2 M7's at a Penske dealership without comp seats. Three of those are at Matick, I know those are in stock as I was on their site recently and they are a big dealer and can probably courtesy ship them close to you and make you a good deal. One does not have a lot of options on it (#0252), the other two (#0373/#0424) are optioned the same with Carbon Flash GFX kits that I think look awesome on the car.

Last edited by mountainears; 04-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteGSCE (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 11:29 AM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I have never sat in the comp seats so I can't help you there, but check out this video Rick Conti did about the cost of a painted top vs the transparent top. Basically doing the math, you want to get a car with a painted top because if you want one later it is $6000 because it is carbon fiber. If you don't want to watch the whole video, the top discussion starts around 9:45.

Last edited by CT Grand Sport CE; 04-14-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Link was not working
Old 04-14-2017, 12:04 PM
josenguyen
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best car!

Originally Posted by john m
#006 here, located in southern IL...
she so beautiful! i like it!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
If you haven't already, go back to the first post in this thread and go through the registry sheet, can help you locate what you want (some may have sold by now, but it's a start). You can use the filters on the headings to filter out cars that you don't want, options you don't want, locations, etc. I'm seeing 12 in Indiana, 2 M7's at a Penske dealership without comp seats. Three of those are at Matick, I know those are in stock as I was on their site recently and they are a big dealer and can probably courtesy ship them close to you and make you a good deal. One does not have a lot of options on it (#0252), the other two (#0373/#0424) are optioned the same with Carbon Flash GFX kits that I think look awesome on the car.
Side note: George Matick has some sort of J57 Brake Sale going on. I don't know if it applies to Collectors Edition models or when the expiration of the sale is, but considering the deals that are being dished out, it doesn't hurt to ask. We're talking savings between 15k - almost 20k...!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:49 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Yes, the J57 brake sale does apply to CE's, assuming it has the Z07 package :-)

Last edited by mountainears; 04-14-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:36 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteGSCE
Hi guys! I am new to the forum and hopefully soon new to being a Vette owner! I have been dreaming of my first ever since my parents took me to the museum when I was 10. I am currently 31, so this would be a large purchase for me at this stage in life. I was originally thinking of ordering a lower optioned GS, but with Chevy only adding that one color for 18, I have now decided I want to search for a CE! I know it's a love or hate thing for many, but I absolutely love the tension blue! I was really hoping to support my local dealership here in Northern Indiana, however, they are a smalltown dealer and only have 1 GS in stock. Unfortunately they are just not going to be able to compete with these large volume dealers as far as price goes. So I am currently talking with Les Standford in Michigan, and have put a deposit down on an M7 coupe with comp seats, transparent roof, and carbon flash mirrors. They also have 2 other manual coupes with the GT seats and body colored roof. I'm hoping to sit in both when I make the drive so that I know for sure what i want, but I am just drawn to those competition seats! I guess I am just wanting any feedback you all would like to give me on 2 things, the seats and the transparent roof. I'm a smaller guy 5' 10" 165 pounds, so I think the seats would fit me ok. As far as the roof goes, I was in Atlantic City for work earlier this year and actually test drove a white GS at Kerbeck Chevrolet. It had a body colored roof and for some reason being in that small space I just felt extra closed in without any light from the roof panel. However, I love the blue quilted stitching on the solid CE roofs. Just wondered what you all have experienced and which way you chose to go on the roof as well as the seats? Thank you in advance, I couldn't be more excited to join this club. Hopefully everything works out and I'm soon enjoying my new collector edition!!!
All about preferences, I surely suggest you sit in both. For me the GT seat was more comfortable so that was the choice. I think both look really good.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:41 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Originally Posted by mountainears
Yes, the J57 brake sale does apply to CE's, assuming it has the Z07 package :-)
So are you pleased with your Xpel? Any issues? I was hoping you would follow up and post close ups of edges. Did they wrap around the ends/edges like hood, fenders etc. mine is laser cut and just short of edge. Curious how others are.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:43 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Any CE's headed to the NCM Bash in two weeks?
Old 04-14-2017, 08:17 PM
eamespm
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeysZ06
Any CE's headed to the NCM Bash in two weeks?
I'll be there on Friday, but in a rental car
Old 04-15-2017, 11:58 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JoeysZ06
So are you pleased with your Xpel? Any issues? I was hoping you would follow up and post close ups of edges. Did they wrap around the ends/edges like hood, fenders etc. mine is laser cut and just short of edge. Curious how others are.
Sorry, I did post some pics and info but in a different thread, forgot all the places I did post about it. I am happy, I still have some bubbles and a few things for him to touch up but that is expected. He has you come back after 3 weeks for a follow-up wash and to remove any remaining bubbles that don't cure out.

Yes, they wrapped as many edges that are really possible. This post has a couple close up photos of the edge work on the stripes as well as how it looks around the hash stripes on the fender.

The shots below show it in the shop just before they rolled it out and I drove it home. And one of an intersection of body seams by a headlight where you can see some edges that can't be rolled under. You will have some seams that show, but to most people I have to point it out.
Attached Images   
Old 04-15-2017, 01:55 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

[QUOTE=mountainears;1594534665]Sorry, I did post some pics and info but in a different thread, forgot all the places I did post about it. I am happy, I still have some bubbles and a few things for him to touch up but that is expected. He has you come back after 3 weeks for a follow-up wash and to remove any remaining bubbles that don't cure out.

Yes, they wrapped as many edges that are really possible. This post has a couple close up photos of the edge work on the stripes as well as how it looks around the hash stripes on the fender.

The shots below show it in the shop just before they rolled it out and I drove it home. And one of an intersection of body seams by a headlight where you can see some edges that can't be rolled under. You will have some seams that show, but to most people I have to point it out.[/QUOTEa]

Thanks for posting, checked all photos. Mine looks the same around headlights. Mine does not wrap around doors etc and I like that but a lower quality terry cloth towel can catch on it. Have gone solely to the Griotts Garage sewn edge cloths and no issue now. My only wrapped edge is the hood, I'm not as pleased with that from the underside and may have it redone at Bloomington Gold this June. On your hashmarks it looks like mine, did he lay the film over them? My installer was worried about this part but the film laid over them quite well. I am happy overall, even after some time there are small imperfections but very hard to see. Take care.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:27 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Yea, film was put over the hash stripes. I'm good with it but going to ask him about it. I was thinking if he did a cut right oblong the stripe edge it would just sit down flat.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:08 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Doing a bit of work on the registry to make it easier to track these things at the dealers so I know when they leave the lot and some other stuff as well. It's interesting (to me at least :-) to find some of these unique ones out there.

In this case, this is the one I've found so far that has the most options on it (not including Z07 uplift, Convertible, etc).

So first of all, there are only two Convertible M7 vehicles that I've found to date. Z07/M7's I would think would be going after someone that would track the vehicle but no roll cage so that ain't happening from the factory. In any case, that's a rare combo it seems and expensive, base on that combo is $93,180.

Now this car has another $12,525 in options added to it, this dealer went to town!
  • Competition Seats
  • Visible Carbon Fiber GFX
  • Exposed Carbon Fiber rear spoiler
  • Carbon Fiber Tonneau inserts
  • Battery Protection Package
  • Carbon Fiber Wheel center caps
  • Carbon Flash license plate frame
  • Windscreen
  • Underhood liner
  • Fully rendered Grand Sport Racing car cover

You'd think with all that bling they would have photos of the car on their website, but maybe they're not in a rush to sell it. It's located in Redwood City, CA and has an MSRP of $105,680!

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts

Touch Up Paint for the Collector's Edition Grand Sport (139X, G7Q, WA139X) - GM (19330248)

Last edited by subchev; 04-18-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:48 PM
scottjays
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Son of a gun gray metallic ??

Shows color as

SON OF A GUN GRAY METALLIC.

This the same as our Watkins Glen Gray?
Old 04-15-2017, 04:53 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

The paint code they show for it is G7Q, which is WGG. And if you look at your build sheet, you'll see the "other" name for the paint is "Gun Gray", that's how the build sheet shows it.

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread