Sponsored by:

2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:14 PM
ls1ashley
Navigator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi-Jurist
I am oh-so-close on pulling the trigger on a GS CE, but I keep vacillating between a 2LZ Z06 and this car. Do any of you regret not going Z06 for the same (or nearly the same) price?
I was only considering this GS CE or 2LZ or 3LZ cars. For me locally I'd have to pay 8k (MIN!) or 10k more to get a car with less options I wanted. I just looked at a very popular forum dealer too and the cheapest 2LZ was still $9k more than the CE they still had in stock and of course the CE has way more options and such.

So. Nope.
The following users liked this post:
Jedi-Jurist (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 04:28 PM
EmbraceNext
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I am oh-so-close on pulling the trigger on a GS CE, but I keep vacillating between a 2LZ Z06 and this car. Do any of you regret not going Z06 for the same (or nearly the same) price?
This is exactly where I was. The thing that made me choose the GS CE over the 2LZ was the Tension Blue interior. I figured if I wanted to, I could pop a procharger on it if I wanted the power at a later time.
Jedi-Jurist (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Nathaniel
Intermediate

The GS CE in my opinion is my personal choice. If you want the power than the Z06 is your
Better choice, if you want a better resale then the CE is more on that level. But it all comes down to what you want. I know this didn't help
Jedi-Jurist (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 05:41 PM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
Any owners in the Westchester NY area? I would love to see one of these in person. Thanks!
I'm in Sherman, just north of Danbury. Depending on the weather I might be going to Cars & Coffee in Yorktown on Sunday?
Old 08-14-2017, 06:39 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by EmbraceNext
This is exactly where I was. The thing that made me choose the GS CE over the 2LZ was the Tension Blue interior. I figured if I wanted to, I could pop a procharger on it if I wanted the power at a later time.
Waiting for the first person in this group to post that they put a SC on their CE :-) Seeing that one SC mocked up in blue looked really cool!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:43 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I think I posted previously that I made some edits to the C7 Corvette Wikipedia pages to include some info about the Collector Edition. I felt a little limited at the info I could include, so I thought I might make a page dedicated to the CE and if it is approved for publishing I'll then refer to it in the master pages.

So for now, the page is in Draft mode on Wikipedia waiting for the powers that be to approve it for publishing.

It does not allow me to post pictures that I don't "own", trying to figure that part out, so I am a little limited there. Of course others that own pictures can add. If I can get that figured out I'll add some GM or other shots that show the convertible.

Take a peek, would love some feedback. As many of you know I'm kind of an information ***** on this car so hopefully I have it all down pretty well. May be some good reading for some of you :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:...lector_Edition
Old 08-14-2017, 06:48 PM
Jedi-Jurist
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Nathaniel
The GS CE in my opinion is my personal choice. If you want the power than the Z06 is your
Better choice, if you want a better resale then the CE is more on that level. But it all comes down to what you want. I know this didn't help
that last part made my day! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's really all about personal preference but think about it, only 935 of these GSCE and they are unique. Z06 in 2015 there were ~8,600, 2016 about the same and another ~7,200 in 2017. So there will always be plenty of Z06's. Like many other Corvette enthusiasts one is never enough so if you fall in that category buy another when and if you can if the urge hits lol. Many of us with the options we chose could have purchased a Z06 for less money so again all in where your heart is. I am very pleased with my decision. My biggest worry was going automatic when the others are both manual, in the end had to get used to it but again very happy there too.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:44 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by mountainears
Take a peek, would love some feedback. As many of you know I'm kind of an information ***** on this car so hopefully I have it all down pretty well. May be some good reading for some of you :-)

Nice page and well organized!

One thing I noticed at the end of the "Unique Cars" section:
  • The most expensive factory optioned coupe is #393 with a MSRP of $102,370 (still at the dealer website as of this writing)[8]
  • The most expensive factory optioned coupe is #001 as mentioned above.
You have "most expensive factory optioned coupe" twice...is one or the other a typo?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:27 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Yes, that was a mistake....I will correct. Car #001 is a convertible, I was intending to call out the most expensive coupe and convertible! Corrected!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 AM
eamespm
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I think I posted previously that I made some edits to the C7 Corvette Wikipedia pages to include some info about the Collector Edition. I felt a little limited at the info I could include, so I thought I might make a page dedicated to the CE and if it is approved for publishing I'll then refer to it in the master pages.

So for now, the page is in Draft mode on Wikipedia waiting for the powers that be to approve it for publishing.

It does not allow me to post pictures that I don't "own", trying to figure that part out, so I am a little limited there. Of course others that own pictures can add. If I can get that figured out I'll add some GM or other shots that show the convertible.

Great job Ken!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:27 PM
quicksilver_43
Lifetine Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1ashley
I was only considering this GS CE or 2LZ or 3LZ cars. For me locally I'd have to pay 8k (MIN!) or 10k more to get a car with less options I wanted. I just looked at a very popular forum dealer too and the cheapest 2LZ was still $9k more than the CE they still had in stock and of course the CE has way more options and such.

So. Nope.
Absolutely NONE!!! I was fortunate enough to snag a convertible, 1 of only 126 made for the U.S. market! My previous Vette was a 2014 Blade Silver Roadster and I wanted to upgrade to the GS. I had previously owned C5s, C6s, and than a C6 GS.

I've never considered the Z06 (personal choice) as the current LT1 has more power than I need. Also, I've always owned convertibles so tracking my cars has never been a thought.

Never EVER a regret ... LOVE my GS CE Roadster!!!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS44
Sounds like Stage 1, which is what I have as well:

Nice
DWS44 (08-20-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathaniel

Old 08-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Jedi-Jurist
Pro

St. Jude Donor '15

After much consideration, including several of your comments here, I am happy to report Number 865 is reporting for duty! While the search and the decision process was exhausting, the buying process from Smoky Jennings Chevrolet in the small town of Palmyra, IL was far and away the best of my life. I wish every dealer was this awesome. Only added option beyond the CE is dual roofs (which I've been wanting since a visit to Spring Mountain), and the car already came 90% wrapped in XPEL and with window tint. I could not be happier with this purchase.
More pics to come after it stops raining here.

Me and Terri, my amazing sales rep!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:56 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Fantastic! Glad to hear, you'll be smiling for a long time! I'll update the registry. What should I put for the city/state of it's new home?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:59 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Oh, and one other question. I don't show that one as a dual roof car as part of it's factory invoice, was that a dealer add? Just want to be sure I have it right, I'm showing the Factory MSRP on that one as $81,185, no other options added.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Nathaniel
Intermediate

Default Welcome from 807

Welcome to the Family from #807,I'm enjoying my CE very much as well less than 2 month owned
Old 08-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Jedi-Jurist
Pro

St. Jude Donor '15

Fantastic! Glad to hear, you'll be smiling for a long time! I'll update the registry. What should I put for the city/state of it's new home?
Oh, and one other question. I don't show that one as a dual roof car as part of it's factory invoice, was that a dealer add? Just want to be sure I have it right, I'm showing the Factory MSRP on that one as $81,185, no other options added.
Thank you! Glenview, IL is its new home. Dealer added the second roof.
mountainears (08-18-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Nathaniel
Intermediate

Default Miss Statement

In previous comment I said 2 months it's actually less than two weeks! I love it

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread