Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 11:28 PM
tworules
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Picked up 114 on 3/11. I can get a pic after the weather improves and she's cleaned up. Drove home from the dealer in the rain.

Coupe, A8
VRS
VK3 (not installed)
VRX

Spanaway, WA
The following 2 users liked this post by tworules:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), mountainears (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:41 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mountainears
#666 has been located, it is for sale at AutoNation Chevrolet in West Austin. Has an MSRP of $85,080.
  • Manual Transmission
  • Yellow calipers! First one I've seen with yellow, may be the only one!
  • Carbon Flash Ground Effects Package
  • Mirrors Carbon Flash Painted

Kind of wish they had actual photos posted of it, if anyone is in the area and can grab some photos I'd like to see what it looks like with yellow calipers and those mirrors.

An unusual and unique beast!
Thanks to forum member Fighta, we have some pictures of this car.

Originally Posted by Fighta

Here you go
The following 4 users liked this post by mountainears:
eamespm (03-16-2017), JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), JRYELLOWCORVETTE (03-16-2017), Splitter (04-26-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:18 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by tworules
Picked up 114 on 3/11. I can get a pic after the weather improves and she's cleaned up. Drove home from the dealer in the rain.

Coupe, A8
VRS
VK3 (not installed)
VRX

Spanaway, WA
Thanks! Updated the registry, post some pics when you can and I'll add the link.

I'm thinking most of the VK3's stay in the bag on a shelf somewhere :-)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:20 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to forum member Fighta, we have some pictures of this car.

I can imagine after the final tally cars with the yellow painted calipers will be low.

Last edited by JoeysZ06; 03-16-2017 at 10:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:59 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Have any of you CE owners done a full Xpel (or other PPF) on your car? Curious how you dealt with the satin stripe? I'm hopefully getting mine back late next week, possibly the week after. He's custom cutting in the stripe using their Stealth film, which should keep the satin look. Just not sure how it will all work out, but I trust the shop and the detail he does! We'll see, I'll post pics when done.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Sp4rks
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Have any of you CE owners done a full Xpel (or other PPF) on your car? Curious how you dealt with the satin stripe? I'm hopefully getting mine back late next week, possibly the week after. He's custom cutting in the stripe using their Stealth film, which should keep the satin look. Just not sure how it will all work out, but I trust the shop and the detail he does! We'll see, I'll post pics when done.
Yes, I did a complete Xpel Ultimate cover of all painted areas. Know that, no matter what, there will be imperfections that the shop will need to take care of 1-2 weeks after the initial application. They asked about covering the stripe in Stealth and I decided not to, as there is danger that once the PPF needs to be removed, it could take the stripe with it, which the shop acknowledged. My concern was protecting the paint, not the stickers. In the end, I'm very happy with the way the car looks.
mountainears (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:13 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Sp4rks
They asked about covering the stripe in Stealth and I decided not to, as there is danger that once the PPF needs to be removed, it could take the stripe with it, which the shop acknowledged. My concern was protecting the paint, not the stickers. In the end, I'm very happy with the way the car looks.
Yea, that was mentioned, and the issue applies to the hash marks on the fenders as well. I figured I'd take the shot.

I'm guessing with yours, the seam for the main film is right up against the stripe decal so it probably blends real well. That is kind of my other concern, what the edge will be like on the stealth. But at this point I think I'm committed :-)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Sp4rks
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, that was mentioned, and the issue applies to the hash marks on the fenders as well. I figured I'd take the shot.

I'm guessing with yours, the seam for the main film is right up against the stripe decal so it probably blends real well. That is kind of my other concern, what the edge will be like on the stealth. But at this point I think I'm committed :-)
My shop let me take a look at a GT3 RS they were working on and it had some vinyl they had covered in Stealth as well. It has a very nice matte look to it for sure. The cuts for the GS film are quite good and snug right up to the stripe and hash marks. You wouldn't even notice unless you were looking for it. I'm impressed with the quality for sure. I still need to get mine back in to take care of the small air bubbles in a few areas.

Pro Tint Utah actually posted a video to Facebook of my car after working on it. Will try to figure out how to post it, if you're interested.

Facebook Post

Last edited by Sp4rks; 03-19-2017 at 03:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sp4rks:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), mountainears (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:38 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Sp4rks

Pro Tint Utah actually posted a video to Facebook of my car after working on it. Will try to figure out how to post it, if you're interested.

Here
Video posted fine, that was cool! Thanks for sharing
Old 03-19-2017, 04:53 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

Even though I'm not getting the CE, I plan on getting mine wrapped as well. The way I see it, I'm spending a lot...and I mean a lot of money on the vehicle. The longer it's protected in any way, shape, or form, the better.

Plus, I took a visit to the people who'll be dealing with this wrap. A key factor is getting a company that does this...and what I mean is go to an establishment where this is their line of work and nothing else. Being meticulous by nature also helps, because at least you know they take pride in their work.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:56 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Xpel ultimate on mine too, did full hood except for stripe area, full nose, headlights, full fenders over the hash marks, rockers, grond effects, mirrors and behind rear wheels. This is a great product but pricey too. I am a perfectionists for sure so the first thing I have to say overall I am happy but it will not be perfect, there will be small defects in my opinion after you are finished. A small bubble you won't find for awhile, a airborne hair or spec of dust that found its way under the film and with this color you can find something. I had to tell myself I am protecting the paint or I would not have been happy, if anyone is looking at mine that close a swift kick in the ... will solve that lol. At the end of the day that is what we are trying to do... Save the paint.

As for the hash marks I was very worried how that would look up close to the stripe and I am very happy with how it looks. But I must say the post above about when and if I have to remove it may pull those stripes off spooks me, I didn't even think about that!! Guess we will see. The installer said if I ever want to remove anything just take a heat gun, lightly heat and pull at an angle. So if you are ever not happy just take it off, just be careful.

Last edited by JoeysZ06; 03-19-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:25 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

If I ever have to remove it I'll have the installer do it. If it comes out right over the stripes then I'll be golden. If not....well, I always thought it would be nicer if the stripe (black and hash marks) were actually painted on the car and not decals :-)

Last edited by mountainears; 03-19-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 PM
msljohnson20
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered mine today. Counting the days
Old 03-21-2017, 07:25 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by msljohnson20
Just ordered mine today. Counting the days
AWESOME, congrats!

So you ordered one directly as opposed to catching one off the lot? Will be very interesting to see which sequence number you get, do let us know once it is assigned.

Would be interested in knowing what options you picked up, what's your configuration?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:37 PM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I picked up #647 from MacMulkin today. It is an A8, coupe, non Z07. They had it in stock. Only option is the battery protection. I'm in Sherman, CT.
I had it wrapped with Xpel. Everything, but the top, hatchback & rear. They did not cover the fender decals, but did a great job, you can hardly see the edges. Only if you look real hard.
I have seen pics of sill plates on a collectors edition with tension blue instead of red? They were of a car at a car show. It could possibly be #1?

Last edited by CT Grand Sport CE; 03-22-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Tried to correct pic orientation
The following 2 users liked this post by CT Grand Sport CE:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), mountainears (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 07:49 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

See if you can get the photo rotated :-)

Congrats, another one on the list, registry updated! Welcome to the club!

If you can take a look at the registry, scroll to the right and let me know specific options you have I can update that as well.

I haven't seen different color sill plates, if you can find pics, lets see them. There is a video of #1 in the first post, unfortunately it does not show the sill plates. I'm pretty certain it is the same car used in the stock photos you see as well.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Interesting, found another one with Yellow Calipers, #675, it's located in Tulare, CA.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:59 PM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

See if you can get the photo rotated :-)

Congrats, another one on the list, registry updated! Welcome to the club!

If you can take a look at the registry, scroll to the right and let me know specific options you have I can update that as well.

I haven't seen different color sill plates, if you can find pics, lets see them. There is a video of #1 in the first post, unfortunately it does not show the sill plates. I'm pretty certain it is the same car used in the stock photos you see as well.
Which way do you want me to rotate the picture? It appears correct to me?
The only "chargeable" options on the build sheet they sent me when I inquired about the car were: 3LT pkg, Battery Protection pkg, A8 and Z25 Grand Sport Perf pkg.
Here is picture of the sill plate I saw. I just Googled 2017 Grand Sport Collector Edition & it was in the photos.
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by CT Grand Sport CE
Which way do you want me to rotate the picture? It appears correct to me?
The only "chargeable" options on the build sheet they sent me when I inquired about the car were: 3LT pkg, Battery Protection pkg, A8 and Z25 Grand Sport Perf pkg.
Here is picture of the sill plate I saw. I just Googled 2017 Grand Sport Collector Edition & it was in the photos.
Your photo of your car is upside down on my computer and in my mobile app view. I've seen that in a few posts by various folks, not sure why that happens.

That sill plate is different, suppose it could be car #1, I'll send that photo to someone....

Thanks for the option info, I'll update.
CT Grand Sport CE (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:56 PM
msljohnson20
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWESOME, congrats!

So you ordered one directly as opposed to catching one off the lot? Will be very interesting to see which sequence number you get, do let us know once it is assigned.

Would be interested in knowing what options you picked up, what's your configuration?
I ordered a Manuel non Z07 with the sport bucket seats and the exposed carbon fiber. I figured out mine would be somewhere between 700 and 850. Can't wait it will be great. I actually work at a chevy dealer but this will be my first corvette.

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread