Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Morgan Donaho
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You came to the right place. When I bought my convertible 7 speed with comp seats I used the spreadsheet here to find it. Had to fly to Connecticut from Texas but it was a fun drive back!
Attached Images     
Old 01-09-2019, 01:40 PM
frytex
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I sent you an email.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:20 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by pistolerro
looking for a 17’ Collectors Edition. Prefer a convertible but wouldn’t turn down the right coupe. So whenever you decide to let one go, please keep me in mind. Thank you
email me or PM
pistolerro@pm.me
Definitely use the registry where you can, I'll be adding a couple of new used ones today that I have come across. Been a little out of pocket due to knee replacement surgery but starting to come back into the fold now.

Good to lay out what you're looking for, what are your must haves. It sounds like you would go for a coupe if it was the right one, but what makes it right :-) Verts are definitely harder to come by, depending on the config.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:53 AM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 114 Posts

looking for a 17’ Collectors Edition. Prefer a convertible but wouldn’t turn down the right coupe. So whenever you decide to let one go, please keep me in mind. Thank you
email me or PM
pistolerro@pm.me
My car isn't for sale but for the right price, anything is for sale lol. Seriously though, I have always been of that mindset. Everything has a price tag. Now if you are trying to sell your car and need the cash, that's one thing. I currently don't want to sell the car but for the right price I could part with it lol.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Russbruns
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by nikeair042
My car isn't for sale but for the right price, anything is for sale lol. Seriously though, I have always been of that mindset. Everything has a price tag. Now if you are trying to sell your car and need the cash, that's one thing. I currently don't want to sell the car but for the right price I could part with it lol.

funny..... took the words right out of my mouth!
I have 15023 miles at this point.

Last edited by Russbruns; 01-10-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:54 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by nikeair042
My car isn't for sale but for the right price, anything is for sale lol.
Exactly! I love mine, but I'd part with it. The price tag to make that happen, however, would look shockingly similar to that of a new Aventador.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Russbruns
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Just added a new decal.... saw one like this on another....

Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

email me or PM
pistolerro@pm.me

I am in AL too and my Coll Ed. is for sale. I have not even listed it yet, waiting for nice sunshine to take pics. Sent you an email.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:55 PM
jsharrad
Intermediate

There's one nearby me in NC for sale that's almost perfect, I'm just looking for an auto and it's a stick. I was lined up to buy one from CarMax, but they jacked up the price 5k and damaged it in shipping.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jsharrad
There's one nearby me in NC for sale that's almost perfect, I'm just looking for an auto and it's a stick. I was lined up to buy one from CarMax, but they jacked up the price 5k and damaged it in shipping.
Is the M7 that is for sale in NC already listed in the Used registry? If not, let me know the details (you can PM if you want), I know some that are looking for M7's.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:20 PM
jsharrad
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mountainears
Is the M7 that is for sale in NC already listed in the Used registry? If not, let me know the details (you can PM if you want), I know some that are looking for M7's.
Yeah it's the one you have all the way at the bottom.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:16 AM
gsce338
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving GSCE

I have an upcoming military move literally across the country (VA-WA) and am seeking some help figuring out the best way to get my GS out there. The way I see it there are three options:

-Drive it myself, which has two drawbacks. Some one else would need to take my daily driver (F-150) which is a lot of extra gas and frankly more useful to put stuff in when moving. Also, I would prefer not to put quite so many miles on my GS since I have been managing enjoying such a great machine with keeping it in good shape 20-30 years from now.

-Tow it: My prefered option but I haven't found as many options as I though I would. From what I have seen major companies like uhaul only have an open trailer (aside from the tow dolly which obviously won't work). This trailer doesn't look like it was designed for cars with tires as wide as a corvette. I also would prefer an enclosed trailer, both to protect the vette and because I would likely be able to fit some of my other possesions inside as well. However, the only rentals I have seen for this style so far are from smaller companies that would want you to return the trailer, and I certainly don't plan on driving the empty trailer back across the country. I have thought of buying a trailer and then just selling it when I get to WA but I'd really rather not since I will also be juggling a lot of funds with houses, and can be submit reciepts for rentals.

-Have it shipped. I think the quality of the companies available will vary pretty widely, so I'd be interested in knowing hearing if anyone can recommend a good one. I'd really hate to leave the vette in someone's care only to have it damaged. Another potential problem with this option would be timing. I would imagine the car carrier would drive pretty much straight through except for any stops for pick up and delivery. That would mean my vette would likely make the trip much faster than I would, which wouldn't work well if I have to be available to recieve it in WA.

I appreciate any advice/information you guys have to offer. Thanks
Old 01-14-2019, 11:10 AM
banph
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Winner -- Unmodified

I can recommend Intercity lines...I just moved from AZ to NH (NOV 2018) and they were Fantastic. I have videos on how they loaded my car and the care they took. I have tried to post them on this website but they just don't load. If you PM me and send me your email I will send them to you. You will be very impressed. The cost was $2095 and my car was on with 4 Mclarens They are the exclusive carrier for their cars from NJ port of entry.
They worked with me thru every aspect of the pickup and even stored my car for a week till my new house was ready.

I am a Vietnam vet myself and thanks for your service.

Last edited by banph; 01-14-2019 at 11:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gsce338 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 03:41 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I would agree with banph recommending Intercity. I had an excellent experience when I used them to move a Vette from NJ to SC. Very accommodating and excellent customer service. Make sure you mention you are a member of the forum, as I think they might still offer a forum discount.

At the same time, I would avoid "Reliable" Carriers. They advertise a lot, but my experience was not too good the one time I used them. Car arrived in one piece, but scheduling was difficult, and customer service was non-existent.
The following users liked this post:
gsce338 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:29 AM
jsharrad
Intermediate

I'm also interested in purchasing an auto GSCE in the NC area. Failed attempt #2 at buying one yesterday.

Made an appointment with dealer to come see the car because it's a 2.5 hour drive and I figured they'd honor the appointment. Showed up and someone is looking at the car, but eventually he walks away. Salesperson gets the keys for me and I take it on a test drive, which is great, then sit down and work out the numbers. I'm pretty much agreeing to their asking price minus some datadot dna thing they're adding for $600, then sales manager walks in and says the other guy bought it. Pretty shady.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:55 AM
frytex
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.ac tion?sourceContext=forSaleTab_true_0&new SearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelect ingHelper.selectedEntity=c25836&entitySe lectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25836&zip =78132&distance=50&modelChanged=undefine d&filtersModified=true&sortType=undefine d&sortDirection=undefined#listing=229572 656
Old 01-15-2019, 04:32 PM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jsharrad
I'm also interested in purchasing an auto GSCE in the NC area. Failed attempt #2 at buying one yesterday.

Made an appointment with dealer to come see the car because it's a 2.5 hour drive and I figured they'd honor the appointment. Showed up and someone is looking at the car, but eventually he walks away. Salesperson gets the keys for me and I take it on a test drive, which is great, then sit down and work out the numbers. I'm pretty much agreeing to their asking price minus some datadot dna thing they're adding for $600, then sales manager walks in and says the other guy bought it. Pretty shady.
I would rip that dealership to shreds on every review website. Then I would send an email/call the owner and let him have it too.

I went to a dealership (before I bought my CE) and looked at a 2017 grey 2LT GS. Prior to going, i talked to a guy, got all the information from him, told him I would meet him at X time. I get there, guy is no where to be found, some other idiot helps me, the car has a scratch on the door, the front splitter is chewed up, but I figure let's see what happens. The car was listed online for like $56K, I sit down and now the car is $60K, they priced it wrong online. And my 2014 Z51 they gave me a whopping offer of $37K because it needed tires. I left, went home and wrote them a nice long negative review, the owner messaged me and apologized. Didn't change anything but at least he was made aware of what his sales people pulled.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 04:35 PM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Is it possible to get a breakdown, by state, of where the most CE's are? For being such a small production, I feel like North Carolina (charlotte in particular) has the most. I went to a car show, there were 2 others plus me. I went to a track day, maybe only like 75 cars attend, there is another one lol. Maybe it's the Carolina Panthers blue interior, but seems like there is one everywhere in/near Charlotte/North Carolina.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 PM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I'm curious if they are holding value better than other C7's...
Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 AM
jsharrad
Intermediate

Doesn't seem to be - the one I went to buy on Monday was priced at 57k with only 7k miles which was lower than other '17 3LT Grand Sports in the area.

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread