Ouch !!!
Old 01-16-2019, 02:05 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Updating your link so hopefully it will be clickable this way and people can get right to your listing.

Jeffrey has is GSCE #413 for sale here on CarGurus. It is also listed in the registry.

Originally Posted by frytex
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.ac tion?sourceContext=forSaleTab_true_0&new SearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelect ingHelper.selectedEntity=c25836&entitySe lectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25836&zip =78132&distance=50&modelChanged=undefine d&filtersModified=true&sortType=undefine d&sortDirection=undefined#listing=229572 656
Old 01-16-2019, 02:22 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jsharrad
I'm also interested in purchasing an auto GSCE in the NC area. Failed attempt #2 at buying one yesterday.

Made an appointment with dealer to come see the car because it's a 2.5 hour drive and I figured they'd honor the appointment. Showed up and someone is looking at the car, but eventually he walks away. Salesperson gets the keys for me and I take it on a test drive, which is great, then sit down and work out the numbers. I'm pretty much agreeing to their asking price minus some datadot dna thing they're adding for $600, then sales manager walks in and says the other guy bought it. Pretty shady.
Do you have info as to what dealer this was at, or do you know what car # this was, so I can try and update the registry if needed?

#936 is listed in the registry as a Used one for sale (here's a direct link) Not sure what sort of specifics you're looking for, but this is a M7 and I know you were looking for an A8, so maybe not a good one for you :-)

Not sure how far you are willing to go, but there is one in Tennessee and one in Arkansas.

The one in TN is a new vehicle.... http://www.stinnettauto.com/vehicle_...Y12D73H5300934
The one in AK is another M7 though, but just in case: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dition-7m.html
Old 01-16-2019, 02:24 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 2500 hd
I'm curious if they are holding value better than other C7's...
I personally don't believe they are going for much different than any other C7 3LT Grand Sport that is similarly optioned. To the right buyer, someone that is really seeking out that color combo, maybe you can work something. It's a pretty polarizing color combo in my opinion, you either love it or hate it. Depending on what side of that you're on it will impact pricing one way or another :-)

Old 01-16-2019, 02:34 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by nikeair042
Is it possible to get a breakdown, by state, of where the most CE's are? For being such a small production, I feel like North Carolina (charlotte in particular) has the most. I went to a car show, there were 2 others plus me. I went to a track day, maybe only like 75 cars attend, there is another one lol. Maybe it's the Carolina Panthers blue interior, but seems like there is one everywhere in/near Charlotte/North Carolina.
Yes, you can see that. On the registry spreadsheet you'll see at the bottom there is a tab called Statistics - Geographic. The maps are a little bit of a mess and don't update well (thanks Google), but if you scroll down you'll see a breakdown by state.

I'm showing 24 in North Carolina, which isn't the largest number (Florida shows 103 and California 96) but it is a pretty good number.

There is also the Interactive Map (https://mapalist.com/map/631354) that takes into account the City that is listed as well. So you can look at the state of NC and see roughly where the cars are located. If you hover over the Pins on the map it should give you some details about the car.

What it doesn't do well is if there are multiple cars in the exact same town...it stacks all the Pins and I haven't quite figured out how to see all of them. For example, in Charlotte, you only see one Pin there but there are 6 cars in Charlotte alone.

You can sort / filter the spreadsheet though to find cars in your area as well.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:42 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by mountainears
Asking $5K OVER sticker on a 2+ year old vehicle... clearly a small town, behind velvet ropes, showroom queen!
Old 01-16-2019, 02:48 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DWS44
Asking $5K OVER sticker on a 2+ year old vehicle... clearly a small town, behind velvet ropes, showroom queen!
Any of these (and any other C7's) from 2017 that are still in dealer stock are very likely something that can be negotiated pretty heavily. Many dealers don't advertise with their rock bottom prices, so you'll have to deal with that of course....

That said, any dealers sitting on new 2017 C7's right now may not be the ones to negotiate which is probably why it is still sitting there new, but one won't know until they try.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:20 PM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 364 Likes on 231 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I personally don't believe they are going for much different than any other C7 3LT Grand Sport that is similarly optioned. To the right buyer, someone that is really seeking out that color combo, maybe you can work something. It's a pretty polarizing color combo in my opinion, you either love it or hate it. Depending on what side of that you're on it will impact pricing one way or another :-)
I agree, you either love the color combo or you hate it !!
The following users liked this post:
LIGHTNING (01-24-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 12:36 AM
jsharrad
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have info as to what dealer this was at, or do you know what car # this was, so I can try and update the registry if needed?

#936 is listed in the registry as a Used one for sale (here's a direct link) Not sure what sort of specifics you're looking for, but this is a M7 and I know you were looking for an A8, so maybe not a good one for you :-)

Not sure how far you are willing to go, but there is one in Tennessee and one in Arkansas.

The one in TN is a new vehicle.... http://www.stinnettauto.com/vehicle_...Y12D73H5300934
The one in AK is another M7 though, but just in case: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dition-7m.html
Yeah it was Williams Buick GMC in Charlotte NC. Asking price was $56995. #794.
The same day I inquired about #191 for sale in OH (it was a stretch - transparent roof and no side skirts/splitter installed), but it was also already sold by the time I asked.

Last edited by jsharrad; 01-17-2019 at 12:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mountainears (01-18-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:43 AM
gsce338
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsce338
I have an upcoming military move literally across the country (VA-WA) and am seeking some help figuring out the best way to get my GS out there. The way I see it there are three options:

-Drive it myself, which has two drawbacks. Some one else would need to take my daily driver (F-150) which is a lot of extra gas and frankly more useful to put stuff in when moving. Also, I would prefer not to put quite so many miles on my GS since I have been managing enjoying such a great machine with keeping it in good shape 20-30 years from now.

-Tow it: My prefered option but I haven't found as many options as I though I would. From what I have seen major companies like uhaul only have an open trailer (aside from the tow dolly which obviously won't work). This trailer doesn't look like it was designed for cars with tires as wide as a corvette. I also would prefer an enclosed trailer, both to protect the vette and because I would likely be able to fit some of my other possesions inside as well. However, the only rentals I have seen for this style so far are from smaller companies that would want you to return the trailer, and I certainly don't plan on driving the empty trailer back across the country. I have thought of buying a trailer and then just selling it when I get to WA but I'd really rather not since I will also be juggling a lot of funds with houses, and can be submit reciepts for rentals.

-Have it shipped. I think the quality of the companies available will vary pretty widely, so I'd be interested in knowing hearing if anyone can recommend a good one. I'd really hate to leave the vette in someone's care only to have it damaged. Another potential problem with this option would be timing. I would imagine the car carrier would drive pretty much straight through except for any stops for pick up and delivery. That would mean my vette would likely make the trip much faster than I would, which wouldn't work well if I have to be available to recieve it in WA.

I appreciate any advice/information you guys have to offer. Thanks
Originally Posted by banph
I can recommend Intercity lines...I just moved from AZ to NH (NOV 2018) and they were Fantastic. I have videos on how they loaded my car and the care they took. I have tried to post them on this website but they just don't load. If you PM me and send me your email I will send them to you. You will be very impressed. The cost was $2095 and my car was on with 4 Mclarens They are the exclusive carrier for their cars from NJ port of entry.
They worked with me thru every aspect of the pickup and even stored my car for a week till my new house was ready.

I am a Vietnam vet myself and thanks for your service.
Thanks for the responses to this, but I unfortunately I could still use some more advice. Intercity looks like exactly the kind of service that I would trust to handle my vette and have the customer service to not end up with a logistical nightmare. However, the reply to my request for a quote stated that they could not give me one because my route is not one they typically run. It also gave me a link to a search engine for other carriers.

Has anyone had any experience with companies like Ship a Car Direct, Auto Shipping Group Inc, or AmeriFreight Car Shipping? I am am pretty skeptical for two reasons. One, literally every company has a five star rating, which I find hard to believe. And two, it looks to me like these companies are actually brokers, so there is no guarantee who will actually show up and what kind of truck they will have.

Thanks again
Old 01-17-2019, 12:23 PM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 114 Posts

Yes, you can see that. On the registry spreadsheet you'll see at the bottom there is a tab called Statistics - Geographic. The maps are a little bit of a mess and don't update well (thanks Google), but if you scroll down you'll see a breakdown by state.

I'm showing 24 in North Carolina, which isn't the largest number (Florida shows 103 and California 96) but it is a pretty good number.

There is also the Interactive Map (https://mapalist.com/map/631354) that takes into account the City that is listed as well. So you can look at the state of NC and see roughly where the cars are located. If you hover over the Pins on the map it should give you some details about the car.

What it doesn't do well is if there are multiple cars in the exact same town...it stacks all the Pins and I haven't quite figured out how to see all of them. For example, in Charlotte, you only see one Pin there but there are 6 cars in Charlotte alone.

Damn! 6 in Charlotte alone? It's not even a big city lol. Bought a CE thinking would be rare. I feel like a plain black one would have been more lol.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:39 PM
bankers1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

I just looked at the USA map and for some reason my car is not there now???
# 663 should be in Selkirk, NY 12158 as sold 10/2017.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Tweedy
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Ken, Is there any way you can add the cars from north of the border to the map? Thx.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:55 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by nikeair042
Damn! 6 in Charlotte alone? It's not even a big city lol. Bought a CE thinking would be rare. I feel like a plain black one would have been more lol.
Mine is still "rare" as long as you other five stay north of the "border"
Old 01-18-2019, 09:36 AM
banph
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Winner -- Unmodified

I just called Nicki Doyle at Intercity lines to see what was going on. She said they do service that area and run (VA to WA) but currently with Barrett Jackson going on all their drivers are in Scottsdale, AZ. If you can wait and have someone store your car in VA they most likely can work out something in the near future.
FYI When I was moving I assumed that the car carrier was like the house moving service and it is not. I thought I could schedule a day for my vehicle to be picked up but that is not how they work. They have to look at what routes they have and where they can schedule their pickups to satisfy their optimum load. In my case the vehicle was picked up early because of a Mclaren delivery to AZ and CA dealers. If that did not occur then I was going to have to leave the car with a friend and then Intercity would pick it up after I moved. I called Reliable and they operated the same way.

If you want to work with Nicki, call her at (800) 221-3936 or email her at nicki@intercitylines.com

Unfortunately with Barrett Jackson, your not going to get any of the best carriers to pick up your car within the next few weeks. You might get lucky with their delivers though since they ship everywhere and maybe they will be delivering to VA from the auction in AZ

As far as other shippers, I think your right, they are more like brokers and I have read some of the reviews for regular vehicles being shipped and they are not good.
If your not able to work something out with a carrier then i suggest you tow your vehicle with your F 150. At least you know your in charge of its well being.

Good luck
Old 01-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Tweedy
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

I just called Nicki Doyle at Intercity lines to see what was going on. She said they do service that area and run (VA to WA) but currently with Barrett Jackson going on all their drivers are in Scottsdale, AZ. If you can wait and have someone store your car in VA they most likely can work out something in the near future.
FYI When I was moving I assumed that the car carrier was like the house moving service and it is not. I thought I could schedule a day for my vehicle to be picked up but that is not how they work. They have to look at what routes they have and where they can schedule their pickups to satisfy their optimum load. In my case the vehicle was picked up early because of a Mclaren delivery to AZ and CA dealers. If that did not occur then I was going to have to leave the car with a friend and then Intercity would pick it up after I moved. I called Reliable and they operated the same way.

If you want to work with Nicki, call her at (800) 221-3936 or email her at nicki@intercitylines.com

Unfortunately with Barrett Jackson, your not going to get any of the best carriers to pick up your car within the next few weeks. You might get lucky with their delivers though since they ship everywhere and maybe they will be delivering to VA from the auction in AZ

As far as other shippers, I think your right, they are more like brokers and I have read some of the reviews for regular vehicles being shipped and they are not good.
If your not able to work something out with a carrier then i suggest you tow your vehicle with your F 150. At least you know your in charge of its well being.

Good luck
I absolutely agree with the above. Barrett Jackson has cornered the market on carriers for the near future. When I bought my GSCE in Quebec, the dealer had it brought out to my home in BC via Reliable Carriers and I was very happy. They had it in a specialized enclosed trailer specifically for low cars like the Corvettes so they didn't need to have special ramps etc. You might try them as well if Intercity can't help you out. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:51 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Tweedy
Hi Ken, Is there any way you can add the cars from north of the border to the map? Thx.
I haven't found a way on that map to get the listings outside of the US to go. It's really a poorly supported "free" app, they had some stuff in their FAQ about that but I could never get it to work.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:54 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by bankers1
I just looked at the USA map and for some reason my car is not there now???
# 663 should be in Selkirk, NY 12158 as sold 10/2017.
It shows now. I had it listed in the registry as Albany, NY, and there are several in Albany so it was kind of hidden. I adjusted it to Selkirk and it shows now :-)
Old 01-18-2019, 09:54 PM
gsce338
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck
Thanks again. Getting in touch with Intercity is certainly going the extra mile and I appreciate it. I will be sure to get in touch with Nicki as Intercity should definitely be an option based on what you found out. I suppose I could have been more clear when I said "upcoming" move. I still have a few months until I move and am not trying to set up transport in the next few weeks. For once I have some advance notice of where my next duty station will be, so I am trying to get out in front of as much of the logistic planning as I can.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:44 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello forumers,
I am located in Michigan, looking for a pre-owned GS. My initial color choices were white and red, but i managed to find a collectors edition which is located out of state.
The thing is, i have seen a collectors edition at a dealership back in 2017, but my wife has never seen one in person. We have seen lots and lots of pictures, but nothing like looking at a car in person.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum will be willing to show us their car, if they are located nearby. We would like to probably spend 10-15 minutes looking at this car in person. I understand the weather conditions are not ideal to be driven around, so we are willing to travel to a nearby owner and take a look.

Appreciate the help guys, you can PM me if you are able to help us.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread