Old 01-23-2019, 08:33 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Where in Michigan?
There are three I'm showing in the registry that are CF members, you can try and maybe PM them directly. Karson1 (New Carlisle, MI), Eyedoc01 (Cheboygan, MI) and dstrefling (St Clair Shores, MI). The first two are Coupe/A8's and the last one is a Coupe/M7.

There is another not on the forum that I could contact for you, they are in Ada, MI. And there is yet one more, a convertible, that is for sale in Clarkston by a Facebook person that I could contact if you wanted to look it. Private party sale.

Originally Posted by GShunter
Hello forumers,
I am located in Michigan, looking for a pre-owned GS. My initial color choices were white and red, but i managed to find a collectors edition which is located out of state.
The thing is, i have seen a collectors edition at a dealership back in 2017, but my wife has never seen one in person. We have seen lots and lots of pictures, but nothing like looking at a car in person.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum will be willing to show us their car, if they are located nearby. We would like to probably spend 10-15 minutes looking at this car in person. I understand the weather conditions are not ideal to be driven around, so we are willing to travel to a nearby owner and take a look.

Appreciate the help guys, you can PM me if you are able to help us.

Cheers!
Old 01-23-2019, 09:22 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
Where in Michigan?
There are three I'm showing in the registry that are CF members, you can try and maybe PM them directly. Karson1 (New Carlisle, MI), Eyedoc01 (Cheboygan, MI) and dstrefling (St Clair Shores, MI). The first two are Coupe/A8's and the last one is a Coupe/M7.

There is another not on the forum that I could contact for you, they are in Ada, MI. And there is yet one more, a convertible, that is for sale in Clarkston by a Facebook person that I could contact if you wanted to look it. Private party sale.
I could PM the members, but i didn't wanna creep them out. I hope they don't get skeptical about some stranger wanting to check out their car.
We are based in metro detroit area. And yes, if you know of any M7 vehicles for sale, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Totally understand not wanting to creep them out, but if they do, they just won't respond :-) Can't hurt I guess....

Any of the ones I'm aware of for sale (M7's) are listed in the Used tab on the registry. I'm showing the Coupe/M7 in NC that is for sale private party, but the listing is gone. I know who that was, I can reach out and see if it was actually sold.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Chafey69
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tweedy
There is still a nicely equipped coupe at Kelowna Chevrolet in BC, Canada. Not sure of the VIN but it is on sale for $101,236 Canadian (approx $80,900 US)
I was at Kelowna dealership last summer and the car had been sold to a local owner. Regards.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:56 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Totally understand not wanting to creep them out, but if they do, they just won't respond :-) Can't hurt I guess....

Any of the ones I'm aware of for sale (M7's) are listed in the Used tab on the registry. I'm showing the Coupe/M7 in NC that is for sale private party, but the listing is gone. I know who that was, I can reach out and see if it was actually sold.

Alright, i have PMed a forum member in metro Detroit. Let's hope they get back.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:42 AM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by GShunter
Alright, i have PMed a forum member in metro Detroit. Let's hope they get back.
If you are serious about owning a C7, you cannot go wrong with the Collector Edition, unless you absolutely hate the blue interior lol. Going to shows, it's nice to have something different than just "another" C7. The interior sets it apart and I get ton's of compliments about how much people love it.
The following users liked this post:
3Rivers (02-02-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Originally Posted by nikeair042
If you are serious about owning a C7, you cannot go wrong with the Collector Edition, unless you absolutely hate the blue interior lol. Going to shows, it's nice to have something different than just "another" C7. The interior sets it apart and I get ton's of compliments about how much people love it.
Naa, i don't hate the color. Just that i haven't seen one in person. I think i will be seeing one soon
Old 01-29-2019, 08:12 AM
asby69
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Replacement Tires

With 18,000 miles found out the stock tires were shot. All highway miles, never tracked.

Rather than go with the tires that came on the car, for which the dealer quoted me over $1,700 plus tax, I went with 285/30ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP (W- or Y-Speed Rated) Run Flat, 5-Rib Tread Design and 335/25ZR20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP (W- or Y-Speed Rated) Run Flat, 6-Rib Tread Design from Tire Rack. I talked to Michelin before I ordered to ensure they'd work.

Got them installed and I must say, it's a day and night difference. Car rides much better, quiter, and so far no wheel hop when turning tight corners.

And I saved about $500.00 from what the dealer quoted me

if ur looking for a good replacement to the stock summer tires, I'd recommend checking the ones mentioned above out.

Last edited by asby69; 01-29-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: .
Old 01-29-2019, 09:10 AM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by asby69
With 18,000 miles found out the stock tires were shot. All highway miles, never tracked.

Rather than go with the tires that came on the car, for which the dealer quoted me over $1,700 plus tax, I went with 285/30ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP (W- or Y-Speed Rated) Run Flat, 5-Rib Tread Design and 335/25ZR20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ ZP (W- or Y-Speed Rated) Run Flat, 6-Rib Tread Design from Tire Rack. I talked to Michelin before I ordered to ensure they'd work.

Got them installed and I must say, it's a day and night difference. Car rides much better, quiter, and so far no wheel hop when turning tight corners.

And I saved about $500.00 from what the dealer quoted me

if ur looking for a good replacement to the stock summer tires, I'd recommend checking the ones mentioned above out.
There was a guy in NC about 30 minutes from me selling his Super Sports for $800, they had 1,200 miles on them, no track use. One of tires had a small puncture but no air leaking (per the seller). Guy agrees to meet me at a discount tire (his suggestion) to have tire checked out. Then next day tells me someone from upstate NC is coming to buy them. He updated his ad to $750, never told me. Needless to say, I was pissed. Would have had 4 practically new Super Sports for $750 vs $1,800ish. Luckily people are selling Super Sports and Cup 2's all the time on here. Personally I want Cup 2's for the couple track days I do. Only driven in rain twice, caught in it. Winter it hibernates. The Super Sports and Cup 2's have so much grip it's amazing, especially when doing track days and mountain runs. I have 5k miles on my tires, I figure I'll need new tires by end of the year or March 2020.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Once mine need replacing, I'm going for the A/S 3+'s as well. Have heard nothing but good things. I have about 13k miles on mine so far and they seem to look pretty good, but I'll get a better look soon once I get it out of the garage. I drive a lot of hills so the tires get a lot of scrubbing.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:27 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Hey @TensionC7 , you need to post pics up once you get that new wing installed :-)
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...se-things.html
Old 01-30-2019, 06:23 PM
GSCE#632
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GSCE Tires and Rocks.

I am frustrated with the rocks that get thrown around by these tires. Is there a standard tire recommendation that prevents this and cuts down road noise?

Last edited by GSCE#632; 01-30-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:28 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by GSCE#632
I am frustrated with the rocks that get thrown around by these tires. Is there a standard tire recommendation that prevents this and cuts down road noise?
Your car doesn't have the full ground effects which help a little from getting them up on the car and causing chips, but doesn't cut down on it happening or the associated noise.

Many people, myself included, have or will be switching to the all season tires that were released (MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+). People like them for a lot of reasons and I hear this is one of them, can't confirm yet, still have some tread left on my originals.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:31 PM
asby69
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Your car doesn't have the full ground effects which help a little from getting them up on the car and causing chips, but doesn't cut down on it happening or the associated noise.

Many people, myself included, have or will be switching to the all season tires that were released (MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+). People like them for a lot of reasons and I hear this is one of them, can't confirm yet, still have some tread left on my originals.
MUCH quiter and smoother ride. Not a lot of rocks around here so I really can't comment on the other part. Ride and Noise difference well worth the A/S +3s.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:32 PM
GSCE#632
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The number of rocks that stick to these tires has to be the issue with the chips as well as the amount of rocks that get thrown over the car into the spoiler.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:45 AM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

If you guys are selling your Pilot SS or Cup 2's, please let me know. Obviously if they are shredded I don't want them lol. I only drive in warm weather and do track days, so only interested in max performance/competition tires.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:11 AM
Ziggle
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grand Sport Carbon 65 edition wheels in gloss black.

Switched to ZO6 tail lights.

The Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires really don't work in the rain (now that the rains come to Southern California). Switched to the Super Sport ZP on OEM Grand Sport Carbon 65 edition wheels in gloss black keeping the original wheels and Cup 2's for track days.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM
AT_Viper
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! New member here. Recently picked up #547 and brought her to the frozen tundra. Please PM me the info needed for the registry and I would be happy to provide. Loved looking through the registry. Thanks for throwing that together.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Russbruns
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I went with the Conti's. They have great grip on both wet and dry, and last significantly longer than the Michelins. They are not zp, but soooooo much quieter on the interstate! They cost like 1500 from tire rack.

I use Hoosier r7 for the track.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:23 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AT_Viper
Hey guys! New member here. Recently picked up #547 and brought her to the frozen tundra. Please PM me the info needed for the registry and I would be happy to provide. Loved looking through the registry. Thanks for throwing that together.

You've provided most of what is needed already :-)

That one was listed as used up in MD, assuming you purchased from there. If you'd care to share the price you paid for it, I'll update that, if not I'll leave the last price I had which was $62,880. Also let me know the City/State it is residing in now and I think we're good.

Congrats!

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread