Grand Sport Skirts, Splitter Finish

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:01 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Default Grand Sport Skirts, Splitter Finish

Believe I found what I was looking for to replace the base Grand Sport side skirts and splitter (car soon to be ordered.) They are from ACS and have the splitter side defectors and side skirt shape desired.

The question is what finish to get. They come in Satin Black or Carbon Flash.

Would consider the "spates" as satin black.
Is the base GS spoiler flat black or carbon flash like the bottom of the bumper?

Anyone have the ACS on a Grand Sport or a Z06. What is the best match with the spates? Thanks

Which color is the best match for the spates, Satin Black or Carbon Flash? Is the GS base spoiler flat black or carbon flash?

Last edited by JerryU; 01-18-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,864 Likes on 1,003 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Jerry,

My factory spoiler is Carbon Flash, and White (body color).

I've kind of got a mixed bag on our car..... but I like it.

I'm using my set of Carbon7 brand .... Carbon Fiber front splitter and full length GTX carbon fiber side skirts. They are all in exposed carbon fiber, shiny of course. Even though the front wheel "spats" are flat black texture, I think the skirts and splitter look good on the car. Also, I have Carbon Flash mirrors, and badges.

Are you thinking of getting the mirrors in carbon flash, or the carbon flash badge package? If so, I think I would go with carbon flash side skirts and front splitter.

I already owned mine from our '16 Stingray that GM Engineering bought back, otherwise, if I was ordering something, I'd order carbon FLASH.

Keep in mind, the GS comes with a set of SHORTY, 3/4 length carbon flash side skirts and a matte black (poverty) front splitter....... I sold my set before they were installed on the car.

Richard
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Stp94
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Carbon flash is the "standard" OEM black color on the C7. If you're looking for a little contrast, that's where the Satin finish would come into play. I appreciate the contrast, personally but the CF looks pimp too. No wrong option, really.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:27 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Strake
Jerry,

I'm using my set of Carbon7 brand .... Carbon Fiber front splitter and full length GTX carbon fiber side skirts. They are all in exposed carbon fiber, shiny of course. Even though the front wheel "spats" are flat black texture, I think the skirts and splitter look good on the car. Also, I have Carbon Flash mirrors, and badges.

Are you thinking of getting the mirrors in carbon flash, or the carbon flash badge package? If so, I think I would go with carbon flash side skirts and front splitter.

I already owned mine from our '16 Stingray that GM Engineering bought back, otherwise, if I was ordering something, I'd order carbon FLASH.

Keep in mind, the GS comes with a set of SHORTY, 3/4 length carbon flash side skirts and a matte black (poverty) front splitter....... I sold my set before they were installed on the car.

Richard
Thanks for the feedback! Car looks great. Was thinking of getting Sterling Blue if I could see one in person-but it is being discontinued! Currently white and silver are the options but wife likes white so that is what it will be!

Currently have visible CF roof and matched it with CF side skirts, splitter, hood vent and real CF cover for the chrome rill bar. Once you start!! Was thinking I would not get the visible CF roof. If I stick with the ASC product, from your comments, believe I would get the carbon flash finish and just leave the flat black spates. Guess could always have them painted carbon flash.

Do you like the red interior? Rather than the 3LT I have now was planing on just a 2LT, don't need the Nav or camera.

Good idea on the side skirts, will tell the dealer not to install it or the splitter.

Last edited by JerryU; 01-18-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:35 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Jerry,

Richard
Just noticed your spoiler is white! How did you get in painted white?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Jerry,

The spoiler just CAME that color...... I didn't ask for anything special. The car is a 3LT. The edges, and back of it are black.

My wife also picked WHITE for the color, as our former, 2016 2LT Stingray was Laguna Blue (discontinued) and we LOVED that color. The new AB just didn't do it for us...... while at our dealer, my wife was looking at a white Z06 and commented on how great it looked. It too had black wheels.... something we would NEVER have considered, but on the white car, with RED calipers, it just popped. We'd had chrome wheels on the last 4 or 5 Vettes. I'm a chrome wheel vintage kind of guy

Normally, we would have ordered a 2LT, but because of our "once in a lifetime" opportunity to swap cars from a '16 Stingray to this '17 GS due to the GM Engineering buy back on our WARBLER Stingray, it was a no brainer to go all in...... Especially as we chose the red interior, which we really love with the white body and red accent pieces (calipers).... when we saw the 3LT had the red on the dash, it really made the decision to go all in. I didn't want the NAV, but do like the PDR camera set up. I had been using a Street Guardian Dash Cam swapping between the daily driver car, and the Vette. In fact it was the dash cam recording that was sent to GM's CEO that got the attention going on the Warble noise issue on the previous Vette....

I asked the dealer to leave the box unopened for the front splitter and side skirts that come with the GS and not install them. As stated earlier, I sold them quickly on this forum. The box is sent Fed Ex to the dealer from Bowling Green separate from the car.
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Jerry,

Here's a pic of the spoiler from the back view.... it's Carbon Flash on the back and ends, front side of it is white.
Attached Images  
JerryU (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 03:58 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Jerry,

The spoiler just CAME that color...... I didn't ask for anything special. The car is a 3LT. The edges, and back of it are black.

Was playing with the GM build-a GS. When you select the Heritage package even in a 2LT, the spoiler turns white! If that is not selected it stays black. Not saying for sure that is correct but looks that way.

Last edited by JerryU; 01-18-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerryU
Was playing with the GM build-a GS. When you select the Heritage package even in a 2LT, the spoiler turns white! If that is not selected it stays black. Not saying for sure that is correct but looks that way.
Jerry,

I totally forgot that it's the Heritage Package that seems to trigger getting the white / black on the spoiler two tone. We chose the package for several reasons.
JerryU (01-18-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 05:49 AM
op z
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 128 Posts

Unless you plan on using a protective film or wrap, I would recommend flat black. After 2 years my ACS skirts and splitter need a touch up.
JerryU (01-19-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport Skirts, Splitter Finish

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Skirts, Splitter Finish