Front license plate holder for Z06 Stage2/3 splitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:26 AM
demasterz
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Front license plate holder for Z06 Stage2/3 splitter

Hey guys,
I am obligated to have front license plate in my area.
I have a Z06 Stage2/3 front splitter and was wondering what my options for a front license plate holder are?
I want to have one that i can remove/hide easily in car shows so it shouldn't be one that attached to the grille.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:37 AM
91 monster Z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hate to be this guy. Try searching google or the forum for removable front license plate mount. I have one that is great easy on and off. Takes longer to walk to back of car and take it out than does to install. They sell for about 180 dollars. good luck
Old 01-19-2017, 09:47 AM
NWOZO6
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I have only found one that I have really considered purchasing but haven't yet. Mount is on underside of front end and bracket slides into it and and clicks into place with a pin so easy on and off. It does lower ground clearance though by less than an inch. Runs around $79.99 on Ebay

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/TR8AAO...bYa/s-l500.jpg
Old 01-19-2017, 09:54 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

The GM mount can be removed by unscrewing just two fasteners. That is about as easy as it gets, and it does not become the lowest part of the front end to drag.
I drilled two holes in the license plate so I can get to the two plastic screws without removing the plate from the mount.

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 01-19-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:14 AM
91 monster Z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The one I have cost more but is a better and easier design.It is made by innovative automotive products and is sold by a number of company's. Like I mentioned earlier it just has a spring loaded system that just clips on to the grill. Now it only work with the Z06 style grill it will not work with the stingrays bar grill. I have used the factory mounts and they work great but they aren't easy even with drilling the holes in the plate. You still have to have a screw driver to remove and install.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 monster Z
The one I have cost more but is a better and easier design.It is made by innovative automotive products and is sold by a number of company's. Like I mentioned earlier it just has a spring loaded system that just clips on to the grill. Now it only work with the Z06 style grill it will not work with the stingrays bar grill. I have used the factory mounts and they work great but they aren't easy even with drilling the holes in the plate. You still have to have a screw driver to remove and install.
Oh, my God!!!! You have to use a screw driver. Horrors!!!! The world is coming to an end!!!

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Front license plate holder for Z06 Stage2/3 splitter

Quick Reply: Front license plate holder for Z06 Stage2/3 splitter