Speculation on used C7 prices this year - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speculation on used C7 prices this year

Old 02-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #61
hope2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1fastcar View Post
If you want to save big check out offleaseonly.com. They have a pretty good selection and most are automatics. You can usually find something with low mileage and a year or two newer for much less than comparable on the open market.
don't forget to do a carfax. offleaseonly is used car dealer, they buy at auctions.
hope2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hope2 For This Useful Post:
batmitestar (02-15-2017), Snowwolfe (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #62
batmitestar
CF Member

The location is more of a concern for me, as they're apparently in FLA.

I think I can find something within SoCal, AZ, Nevada area, and not have to fly.
batmitestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:09 PM   #63
Kent1999
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmitestar View Post
The location is more of a concern for me, as they're apparently in FLA.

I think I can find something within SoCal, AZ, Nevada area, and not have to fly.
Likely SoCal and AZ -- not NV. Nevada is a sports car desert -- few available and those that are here are typically much higher than average price.

I've almost always had to buy Corvettes and other sports/specialty cars from out of state.

Kent1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kent1999 For This Useful Post:
batmitestar (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #64
batmitestar
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent1999 View Post
Likely SoCal and AZ -- not NV. Nevada is a sports car desert -- few available and those that are here are typically much higher than average price.

I've almost always had to buy Corvettes and other sports/specialty cars from out of state.

Really, If'n I cannot find a suitable used Vette in LA area, I'll head to Phoenix (where we visit frequently anyway) and surely between those two areas, I'll find my ride.

What's the consensus on how many miles are "too many" miles? I plan to keep the car for 5+ years, FWIW, and I will put roughly 5k a year on it.

Are there any known trouble spots with "high" miles on the C7?

Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #65
patentcad
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4_CE View Post

One thing they clearly weren't thinking about is the demographic of their typical buyer!
I know I'm what you're talking about er I mean I don't know what you're talking about.
patentcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #66
LT4_CE
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
I know I'm what you're talking about er I mean I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm what I'm talking about too. . . or I think I am. What was I talking about?
LT4_CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #67
roadbike56
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COvert-red View Post
In my very unscientifically-derived opinion, I have a strong impression that the average "boomer" really doesn't negotiate aggressively enough when buying - particularly for an emotionally-driven purchase (Corvette). The main issue: they're in a hurry.
Yes, you might be right. I'm sure the folks at Kerbeck, Criswell, MacMulkin and other dealers that advertise the discount prices all lowered their prices years ago because they just want to be nice to the Baby Boomers. They realized that many boomers don't negotiate, they just shop for the dealer quoting the lowest price and avoid all the hassle, aggravation and just get the best price right from the get go.
Might also want to take into account, the advent of the big box stores came during the prime days of the boomers, not their parents who paid full price at the local little shop or tried to negotiate a lower price after beginning with an inflated price.
I've frequently saved thousands buying a car by shopping and starting with the dealer that BEGINS with the lowest price, saves a lot of time and if I can get another $1K off their low price, so much the better. When they yell Uncle, "if you can find it cheaper at another dealer, buy it" has been said many times. And they're right, I couldn't find it cheaper.
The best one was finding a two year old Toyota Highlander Limited with 42K miles at 50% MSRP. I didn't argue, but I did have to travel over 1000 miles to Detroit from NC.
roadbike56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #68
patentcad
CF Senior Member

I negotiate to a point, but I don't go for the jugular. I was in the car business 25 years ago and I kind of want them to make a LITTLE money. Works for me, I don't think I overpay much, even if I leave $500-$1000 on the table. Happy with the last couple of car deals I made (2007 C6 used two years ago, then the 2017 C7, same dealer). I kind of know what the numbers are when it comes to cars.

You know what? The last thing you will ever care about a year or five up the road is what you paid for the car or how good the deal was. It's more about how positive (or not) the ownership experience was.
patentcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patentcad For This Useful Post:
batmitestar (02-15-2017), Skid Row Joe (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #69
Snowwolfe
CF Senior Member

If people had to post a copy of their purchase invoice I think the purchase prices would go up
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowwolfe For This Useful Post:
batmitestar (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #70
batmitestar
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
If people had to post a copy of their purchase invoice I think the purchase prices would go up

In God we trust . . . all others must provide objective evidence!
Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #71
COvert-red
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbike56 View Post
Yes, you might be right. I'm sure the folks at Kerbeck, Criswell, MacMulkin and other dealers that advertise the discount prices all lowered their prices years ago because they just want to be nice to the Baby Boomers. They realized that many boomers don't negotiate, they just shop for the dealer quoting the lowest price and avoid all the hassle, aggravation and just get the best price right from the get go.
Might also want to take into account, the advent of the big box stores came during the prime days of the boomers, not their parents who paid full price at the local little shop or tried to negotiate a lower price after beginning with an inflated price.
I've frequently saved thousands buying a car by shopping and starting with the dealer that BEGINS with the lowest price, saves a lot of time and if I can get another $1K off their low price, so much the better. When they yell Uncle, "if you can find it cheaper at another dealer, buy it" has been said many times. And they're right, I couldn't find it cheaper.
The best one was finding a two year old Toyota Highlander Limited with 42K miles at 50% MSRP. I didn't argue, but I did have to travel over 1000 miles to Detroit from NC.
I'm right there with you ('56).

The dealers that you mention probably wouldn't represent the average buying experience, nor would those who hawk the market be the average buyer (such as avid Corvette Forum members). The observations I related came from busy dealers who sell the cars in a more traditional retail setting, FWIW.
COvert-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #72
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
I hope the average age has dropped that much. I'll do a little research.
Doing my part - I'm 51 and just bought my first Vette, a C7!
pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Speculation on used C7 prices this year
  •