Sponsored by:

Grand Sport car cover-Part Two

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:11 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Grand Sport car cover-Part Two

I did a bunch of research for an indoor cover and settled on one of those stretchy covers. It was billed as a one size fits all (Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06) but I think it was designed for the Stingray because it seems way too tight on my GS which is a bit wider. I feel like I have to wash the car everytime before putting the cover on because I'm scared of dirt/dust scratching the paint. It does fit buy boy do you have to stretch it tight.

Anyone find a looser one for the GS that they like? I think I'd like one I could easily drape on to hide the car when the garage door is open but doesn't fit like a pair of yoga pants.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

I like my CoverCraft Noah. Been using this type for over 2O years. I only use it indoors so I can't speak to how it would hold up outdoors. Much thicker that one of those stretchy kind, goes on in under two minutes and give my finish some nice bump and scratch protection.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...r-cover.C-CCNH

I actually purchased it at their outlet site and saved a bunch.
https://www.covercraftoutlet.com/ind...c=1&i=C17616NH
Attached Images    

Last edited by Jmcdude; 02-23-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 PM
PKI
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I like the Noah covers. Been using the style since 2001. Mine come from Griots Garage. Ordered four over three cars. Two in use now. Only use them outside. Do not use the cover if the car is dirty. Mostly interested in saving the interior, but it helps to protect all and visually screens vehicle too. So, you could do worse. Pat
Old 02-24-2017, 01:35 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteC7
I did a bunch of research for an indoor cover and settled on one of those stretchy covers. It was billed as a one size fits all (Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06) but I think it was designed for the Stingray because it seems way too tight on my GS which is a bit wider. I feel like I have to wash the car everytime before putting the cover on because I'm scared of dirt/dust scratching the paint. It does fit buy boy do you have to stretch it tight.

Anyone find a looser one for the GS that they like? I think I'd like one I could easily drape on to hide the car when the garage door is open but doesn't fit like a pair of yoga pants.
Got the same thing. It does feel too tight.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:36 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

Covercraft does seem to have some good options. Thanks for the pic, that Noah has what I consider to be a proper looking fit without being overly tight. I'm kind of eyeing that fleeced satin indoor cover. A little pricey but going the cheap route initially didn't work out well for me.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I've had many of those Noah covers including for my C5. My GS has the GM stretch cover with the GS logo. And regardless of what cover I always do a once over with some quick detailer before putting it on.

Last edited by Cliff8928; 02-25-2017 at 03:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:25 PM
yellow 04
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We used Satin Stretch from Coverking for our 16 ZO6 Convertible with stage 3 aero great fit. I talked to Cristine Wurtz at customer support she did an outstanding job, she gave clear specific information with timely follow up.
Excellent Customer Service & Good Product.

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport car cover-Part Two

Quick Reply: Grand Sport car cover-Part Two