Infotainment Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:04 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Infotainment Problems

Hi,

My car is off warranty so I was looking for a fix for the flickering, scrolling of the infotainment screen. The issues are intermittent. I read that a Corvette engineer has said that the wiring harness for the radio screen gets shorted out when the screen is opened and closed. I was wondering if anyone has tried to fix this issue themselves? Also, is it difficult to remove the radio. I watched a video of a guy who removed and replaced his dash with a carbon fiber dash and it looked like a lot of work. I don't mind work but I hate unsnapping the fasteners because they can break. Any advice??
Old 02-23-2017, 09:08 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 922 Likes on 614 Posts

Well considering the "radio" is a set of modules. Depending on which one you want to replace it can be a challenge or easy.

Main radio module consists of the "Receiver" (called Radio), the HMI unit, the Screen, and the Front Panel (that's the buttons under the screen). The Screen I think is now only sold as a unit with the Front Panel in service (they are still two distinct electrical objects).

Additionally there are other "Radio" modules like the Amplifier and XM Radio (called SDARS).

Quick Reply: Infotainment Problems