Sponsored by:

Introducing New ProTEKt skidplates for the C7 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 02:16 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Lady
I'm sorry that your website doesn't have phone number to ask a question and have not gotten a response back from emails sent yesterday. I found another product I am ordering. Thank you anyway.
Corvette_Lady,

ProTEKt is a very small company, and I am the only person that works on it, in addition to my 8-10 hr per day fabrication job. I try to answer emails daily, usually first thing in the morning, or late in the day when I get a chance to actually sit down for a moment, but I rarely get a chance to spend any time on the computer during the work day.

I try to avoid giving out my phone number, as all I have is my home and Cell numbers, and I have learned from experience that there are folks out there who do not hesitate to call you at 3AM to ask questions about a product they are looking at.

Also, to anwer your earlier question, ProTEKt skidplates are not designed to provide signifigant protection against high, square curbs, or parking bricks. My main concern is to address the unavoidable scrapes that come with approach angle issues such as steep driveways, or parking lot ramps. (the theory being that the parking brick damage is avoidable by not parking so close to the front of the space)

Thanks
Mitch
The following users liked this post:
Corvette.Lady (08-07-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 05:17 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by spinkick
These would be great for my steep driveway. Any pics of guys who regularly scrape with these on?
Yea, I would like to see that as well.

Thanks, Mitch
Old 07-19-2017, 02:52 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sp4rks
Are the measurements for GS w/carbon ground effects the same as stage 3 Z06? I'm interested in a set, but want to make sure they'll fit on my GS, and I'm not sure the splitters are exactly the same. Thanks!
Yup!

The Stage 2 and stage 3 Aero are exactly the same shape, just different materials. and the Skid plates will fit perfectly.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 08-07-2017, 06:24 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Hey guys,

I have made a new thread specifically for the ProTEKt splitter protection for the Z06 and Grand Sport cars running the stage 2or3 aero option, and you can check it out here.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-sport.html

thanks,
Mitch

Last edited by ProTEKtMitch; 08-07-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:38 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,226 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
Hey guys,

I have made a new thread specifically for the ProTEKt splitter protection for the Z06 and Grand Sport cars running the stage 2or3 aero option, and you can check it out here.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-sport.html

thanks,
Mitch
Does not work
ProTEKtMitch (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 06:57 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by oldC5
Does not work
How embarrassing!

It works now.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 08-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Corvette.Lady
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm sorry I couldn't wait. I understand

[QUOTE=ProTEKtMitch;1594998593]Corvette_Lady,

ProTEKt is a very small company, and I am the only person that works on it, in addition to my 8-10 hr per day fabrication job. I try to answer emails daily, usually first thing in the morning, or late in the day when I get a chance to actually sit down for a moment, but I rarely get a chance to spend any time on the computer during the work day.

I try to avoid giving out my phone number, as all I have is my home and Cell numbers, and I have learned from experience that there are folks out there who do not hesitate to call you at 3AM to ask questions about a product they are looking at. (Partial quote)

My reply back;
Thank you, I would have waited if I didn't have the worse steep driveway. But I needed something quick and had questions. Then I was worried what if I have installation questions. Your product looks just like what I needed. I ended up with another brand. I could not install myself I needed my vehicle raised. So I paid to have it done. I'm also new on here and am learning about who are vendors for products. I respect that. And will not mention on here who I got my scrap protection piece from.

Last edited by Corvette.Lady; 08-07-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:48 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=Corvette.Lady;1595312640]
Corvette_Lady,

I try to avoid giving out my phone number, as all I have is my home and Cell numbers, and I have learned from experience that there are folks out there who do not hesitate to call you at 3AM to ask questions about a product they are looking at. (Partial quote)

My reply back;
Thank you, I would have waited if I didn't have the worse steep driveway. But I needed something quick and had questions. Then I was worried what if I have installation questions. Your product looks just like what I needed. I ended up with another brand. I could not install myself I needed my vehicle raised. So I paid to have it done. I'm also new on here and am learning about who are vendors for products. I respect that. And will not mention on here who I got my scrap protection piece from.
Thanks corvette.lady

Just to clarify a few points,

1. We keep parts in stock and ready to ship at all times, and orders are shipped the same or next business day, to minimize waiting.

2. Installation is very straightforward, and does not require any specialized tools or equipment, and does not use any tapes or glue, so plates can be easily removed or replaced at any time. Installation of ProTEKt skidplates does require that the front of the car be lifted (always use jack stands, and never work on a car that is supported only with the jack).

3. Our parts retail on my site for $195.00 plus shipping, and are also available on Amazon and eBay for those who prefer to shop there. (Less than half the price of competitors kits)

http://protektskidplates.com/corvett...ase-model.html

Thanks
Mitch
Old 10-20-2017, 07:10 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by spinkick
These would be great for my steep driveway. Any pics of guys who regularly scrape with these on?
I would like to see that, too.

I've sold a bunch of these things now, so I kind of expected that some of the guys that regularly scrape in the same place (as in, someone with a steep driveway that they hit all the time) would have put some wear on one by now.

So far, though, it looks like they are holding up!
Old 10-21-2017, 11:59 PM
04train
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

I installed mine last night, easy as can be. I did not even have to jack up the car, just drove up my homemade ramps and next thing you know I was done. Thanks for the quick shipping and awesome product.
ProTEKtMitch (11-03-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 482 Posts

Ordered a set on 11/9 and shipped the same day. I installed them today on my 2017 Grand Sport that I just picked up at the dealer yesterday.

Install was a breeze. Took maybe 20 or so minutes. No jack, ramps or lifting required. Everything lined up perfectly and you reuse the OEM screws (which incidentally were two different types, with no rhyme or reason to that or which hole they were in (nice job Bowling Green!).

Thanks Mitch!!! Nice product, extremely well thought out and executed... and superbly packed for shipment.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:58 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
Ordered a set on 11/9 and shipped the same day. I installed them today on my 2017 Grand Sport that I just picked up at the dealer yesterday.

Install was a breeze. Took maybe 20 or so minutes. No jack, ramps or lifting required. Everything lined up perfectly and you reuse the OEM screws (which incidentally were two different types, with no rhyme or reason to that or which hole they were in (nice job Bowling Green!).

Thanks Mitch!!! Nice product, extremely well thought out and executed... and superbly packed for shipment.

Thanks Nashville!

I haven't seen the issue that you are talking about as far as the screws.

You mean the heads are different, or the length of the screw?
Old 11-17-2017, 02:07 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Thanks Nashville!

I haven't seen the issue that you are talking about as far as the screws.

You mean the heads are different, or the length of the screw?
Just the heads. No big deal.

THANKS again for a great product.
ProTEKtMitch (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 08:19 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 04train
I installed mine last night, easy as can be. I did not even have to jack up the car, just drove up my homemade ramps and next thing you know I was done. Thanks for the quick shipping and awesome product.
04 train,

Thanks!

It should be clear though, that you have the kit for the Stage 2/3 Aero equipped cars, and it is exceptionally east to install.

The kit for the C7 base model cars is relatively simple as well, but requires lifting the front of the car, some disassembly, and drilling a few holes.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:47 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Installed this great product on my GS the first week I had it. Noticed an abrasion (not pictured) on one of the plates the other day that I have no idea how it got there. Product works!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:37 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Update: Had two encounters yesterday with driveways that were steeply angled. Scraped both times... unavoidable.

ZERO damage to splitter, but pretty good scrapes on both sides of the plate(s).

Really glad I have this on my car.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:10 AM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
Update: Had two encounters yesterday with driveways that were steeply angled. Scraped both times... unavoidable.

ZERO damage to splitter, but pretty good scrapes on both sides of the plate(s).

Really glad I have this on my car.
Thanks Nashville!

as the designer and manufacturer, its pretty satisfying to see these things getting used, and doing their job.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing New ProTEKt skidplates for the C7 Corvette

Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Which model would be the correct one for a 17 Z51 with the ground effects package?
Old 04-06-2018, 11:18 AM
PG County Boy
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

04 train,

Thanks!

It should be clear though, that you have the kit for the Stage 2/3 Aero equipped cars, and it is exceptionally east to install.

The kit for the C7 base model cars is relatively simple as well, but requires lifting the front of the car, some disassembly, and drilling a few holes.
I'm a new owner of a '19 Grand Sport and already want to do something about the blah front end (at least it is to me). I want an aggressive looking splitter but I also worry about having to transverse a steep parking apron. I know from learning the hard way with a lowered vehicle I previously owned about coming in at an angle slowly. Sometimes that's not sufficient. That's where your product would be helpful.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:09 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DWillys
Which model would be the correct one for a 17 Z51 with the ground effects package?

DWillys,

post a picture, and I will check it out.

There are are a couple of different aero packages, and it can be a bit confusing, even after selling these things for like a year now.

Thanks,
Mitch

Quick Reply: Introducing New ProTEKt skidplates for the C7 Corvette