Sponsored by:

Looking for iPhone MyLink help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:47 PM
RunningHot
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Looking for iPhone MyLink help

How do I keep the phone from playing music from my playlist as soon as I enter the car? I just cant figure this one out. Im thinking im missing a setting somewhere. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:49 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

We have this issue in our Chrysler product as well as with our iHome clock radio. It's really annoying and is a feature of iPhones I think.

We have had some success by switching to a different source before turning off the car. So switch to the radio and then shut down. But it doesn't always seem to work.

Would love to see a fix.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:20 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

If you have it playing Bluetooth audio when you exit (or USB because its plugged in). It will continue where it left off if the device is present when the car turns on.

This is actually desired behavior for most people.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:23 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I get why it does it and why it can be desired. The annoying thing to me is it does not remember which system you're connected to, it just does it.

Here's the example, playing something in my car, get home and disconnect. Hop into bed and drop my phone into the iHome clock radio charging dock and it starts playing where it was in the car and wakes up my wife :-(

It would be beautiful to have some ability to control how it works, but it doesn't seem like they give you any options to turn it off or disable it on some devices.

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
If you have it playing Bluetooth audio when you exit (or USB because its plugged in). It will continue where it left off if the device is present when the car turns on.

This is actually desired behavior for most people.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:27 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
I get why it does it and why it can be desired. The annoying thing to me is it does not remember which system you're connected to, it just does it.

Here's the example, playing something in my car, get home and disconnect. Hop into bed and drop my phone into the iHome clock radio charging dock and it starts playing where it was in the car and wakes up my wife :-(

It would be beautiful to have some ability to control how it works, but it doesn't seem like they give you any options to turn it off or disable it on some devices.
Oh you're talking about device to device.

That's easy. You have to have the iHome just be in radio off mode (I have one as well), and when you dock the iPhone it shouldn't start playing. The car shouldn't auto switch sources, so no problem there.

The only way this gets overridden is if you are listening to headphones (so the music is playing on your device already), and you insert it into a dock. Then the phone will wakeup the device to keep playing music.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

It's a little inconvenient, but you power the phone down or pause the music.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:34 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

It may be that the iHome button is getting pushed (it's on top where it docks) but I swear it's usually in OFF mode :-)

I just don't know why Apple doesn't give a user option to disable, just have it enabled by default.

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
Oh you're talking about device to device.

That's easy. You have to have the iHome just be in radio off mode (I have one as well), and when you dock the iPhone it shouldn't start playing. The car shouldn't auto switch sources, so no problem there.

The only way this gets overridden is if you are listening to headphones (so the music is playing on your device already), and you insert it into a dock. Then the phone will wakeup the device to keep playing music.
Originally Posted by Silver C7
It's a little inconvenient, but you power the phone down or pause the music.
Yea, radios aren't like they used to be. On the Chrysler one you can't even turn it off, may be the same way on the Corvette, haven't used it enough.

The button is essentially a mute on the Chrysler's, easy to just hit it and turn it off. But if you forget, and get back in the car later, it comes back on to the last volume it was at, which can be jolting :-)

We've adapted, but man it was annoying. How hard is it to just put an OFF button on a radio, really....?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 02-22-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-use the Muti Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make your replies look like this!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:55 PM
RunningHot
Advanced

Originally Posted by mountainears
Yea, radios aren't like they used to be. On the Chrysler one you can't even turn it off, may be the same way on the Corvette, haven't used ienough.

The button is essentially a mute on the Chrysler's, easy to just hit it and turn it off. But if you forget, and get back in the car later, it comes back on to the last volume it was at, which can be jolting :-)

We've adapted, but man it was annoying. How hard is it to just put an OFF button on a radio, really....?
Yes, X2 I just purchased a new Pacifica with UConnect 8.4 and now I have this issue in the van as well!
Old 02-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a GM/Chevy "feature".

It happens in my Tahoe as well, but not in Mercedes, Ford or BMW.

How annoying is this? I play "Wheels on the Bus" and other children's songs on Spotify for my 2 y.o. grandson when he is riding in the Tahoe. We get out, go in the house, his mom picks him up and I get in my car the next morning to go to work and "Old MacDonald" starts up at 6:30 am.

Here's another quirk...let's say I stop the Spotify app on my iPhone prior to getting out of the Tahoe. If I get out of the car with the iPhone still connected by Bluetooth and Bluetooth media is still selected on the head unit as the sound source, the iPhone will automatically start up the iTunes app and begin playing the last song played in that app when I get in the car.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:45 PM
RunningHot
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rad22
It's a GM/Chevy "feature".

It happens in my Tahoe as well, but not in Mercedes, Ford or BMW.

How annoying is this? I play "Wheels on the Bus" and other children's songs on Spotify for my 2 y.o. grandson when he is riding in the Tahoe. We get out, go in the house, his mom picks him up and I get in my car the next morning to go to work and "Old MacDonald" starts up at 6:30 am.

Here's another quirk...let's say I stop the Spotify app on my iPhone prior to getting out of the Tahoe. If I get out of the car with the iPhone still connected by Bluetooth and Bluetooth media is still selected on the head unit as the sound source, the iPhone will automatically start up the iTunes app and begin playing the last song played in that app when I get in the car.
Oh I know and its so annoying maybe I will just turn bluetooth off on the phone, I cant think of anything else.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:50 PM
wrecker3
Melting Slicks

Received 1,470 Likes on 741 Posts

Get an Android Phone
Old 02-22-2017, 08:18 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

I would either pause or stop the audio feed before opening the door.
On resume (at whatever location) it should still be paused/stopped.

Rad, perhaps you need to work on hooking grandson on non-kid music.

I went through "I only want to listen to kid music" with my GFs daughter.

She liked big bad wolf and Peter Pan; I told her (Metallica) Neverland was about Peter Pan and both (Metallica) "of wolf and man" and (Ozzy) "bark at the moon" were about the big bad wolf.

We never listened to kid music in the car again

But I had to ensure I had those CDs available at all times, b/c she asked for them, every time we got in the car. (CD....yea, that was my C5)
Old 02-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by aj98
I would either pause or stop the audio feed before opening the door.
On resume (at whatever location) it should still be paused/stopped.

Rad, perhaps you need to work on hooking grandson on non-kid music.

I went through "I only want to listen to kid music" with my GFs daughter.

She liked big bad wolf and Peter Pan; I told her (Metallica) Neverland was about Peter Pan and both (Metallica) "of wolf and man" and (Ozzy) "bark at the moon" were about the big bad wolf.

We never listened to kid music in the car again

But I had to ensure I had those CDs available at all times, b/c she asked for them, every time we got in the car. (CD....yea, that was my C5)
Oh we got that covered...you should see him head banging with "Pa-Pa" to "Thunderstruck".

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for iPhone MyLink help

Quick Reply: Looking for iPhone MyLink help