C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ceramic Pro and Xpel Ultimate finally done!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 05:54 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I don't notice any real difference in that amount of dust adherence, and I should know with a black car.

My car has the nose, full hood, full fenders, rockers and the area behind the rear wheels XPEL Ultimate-wrapped. The doors, trunk and rear end are naked, but ceramic-coated. Dust accumulation is about the same.
As a pro detailer, that has been doing Ceramics, including Ceramic Pro, for several years, Dust is a strange beast, There should be a very slight accumulation of dust, BUT it should just rinse off versus a non ceramic coated car where you actually have to wash it to remove all the dust.
For example, did a trip in early spring into the San Joaquin Valley. a HUGE amount of bugs were out due to the fruit/nut trees being in full bloom. The windshield was translucent with dead bugs. I looked at the hood and was a little disappointed it had dead bugs on it. Pulled into a gas station to get gas, pulled out my water bottle, and an MF towel, and the bugs on the hod wiped right off with no effort. The guy pumping gas next to me, went nuts with an "OMG I have to scrub my bugs off and you just wiped them off, WHAT is on your car?" Explained I had a ceramic coating on it and it is simply amazing.
Ceramics are the only way to go in this day and age. However having said that there is a lot of snake oil out there., DO NOT fall for the Facebook ads, 100% of that is pure junk.
My favorite for the non pro detailer is Kamikaze Miyabe or ISM
If you want a pro to install, my very fist choice is Feynlabs Heal Lite, second is Ceramic Pro
Old 08-05-2018, 07:17 AM
Heavy Vetting
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
As a pro detailer, that has been doing Ceramics, including Ceramic Pro, for several years, Dust is a strange beast, There should be a very slight accumulation of dust, BUT it should just rinse off versus a non ceramic coated car where you actually have to wash it to remove all the dust.
For example, did a trip in early spring into the San Joaquin Valley. a HUGE amount of bugs were out due to the fruit/nut trees being in full bloom. The windshield was translucent with dead bugs. I looked at the hood and was a little disappointed it had dead bugs on it. Pulled into a gas station to get gas, pulled out my water bottle, and an MF towel, and the bugs on the hod wiped right off with no effort. The guy pumping gas next to me, went nuts with an "OMG I have to scrub my bugs off and you just wiped them off, WHAT is on your car?" Explained I had a ceramic coating on it and it is simply amazing.
Ceramics are the only way to go in this day and age. However having said that there is a lot of snake oil out there., DO NOT fall for the Facebook ads, 100% of that is pure junk.
My favorite for the non pro detailer is Kamikaze Miyabe or ISM
If you want a pro to install, my very fist choice is Feynlabs Heal Lite, second is Ceramic Pro
I am curious to hear your thoughts on the ceramic coating>ppf vs ppf>ceramic coating issue raised in this thread. Ultimately, I will go with my installer's recommendation, but do you have a preference and if so, why? Thank you.

HV
Old 08-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by tcinla
Interesting. I live on a tree-lined street and I literally can not go 10 min after washing before a barrage of pollen attacks my car. Will the na no coating make it easier to clean ? Say like a hydrophobic coating that would allow me to spray my car with water befor leaving my home?
In my opinion (experienced) the ceramic makes clean up much easier. I have it on my Black C-5 and although my C-7 (NRB) is wrapped, I'm seriously thinking of getting it done too. A simple hose off and shammy even after a rain storm. The finger prints still show and dust will settle, but a quick swipe with a "California duster" and a bit of detailer to remove the finger prints, and you're good to go.

BTW, It's been over a year since it was done.

Last edited by Phanni; 08-05-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro and Xpel Ultimate finally done!!