C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've made my decision on buying a C7 Stingray....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 02:07 PM
ZorenZ51
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by konqueror5

I'm married so doesn't affect me but what are you going to do with all the attention from the ladies while you still live at your parents house, vettes don't have backseats lol
Share it with your Corvette forum friends in here.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:08 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by mpuzach
You just don't know when to give it a rest, do you?
Originally Posted by rkhegler
Is anything I posted untrue?
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
all of your post were untrue. just your opinion. maybe true in your world...
one thing for sure, you will never be taken seriously or knowledgeable by people following this thread.
Originally Posted by Brohman21
truth.
The OP specifically asked for comments or thoughts. CF member rkhegler did just that. He shared his comments and thoughts, most of which I agree with.

You can't jump on the guy (rkhegler) just because his thoughts are not what OP wants to hear and don't agree with what many young guys think is OK behavior. We are the products of our experiences and as a 65 year-old myself, having lived a "traditional" life, it is simply unacceptable for a man to continue depending on mommy and daddy for a place to live while buying expensive sports cars...even if mommy and daddy don't mind this intrusion. Used to be that a man took pride in being independent and doing things on his own as he took responsibility for his own life.

Things have apparently changed to the point where the younger generation sees no problem in remaining dependent on parents for a place to live while buying toys. I suppose the definition of what it means to be a man has changed as well.

Again, OP asked for our thoughts. Don't get pissed because they don't agree with your own.
The following 3 users liked this post by ExRedRacer:
ratvet (02-08-2020), vbdenny (04-07-2017), ZorenZ51 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 02:12 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

For the record, it wasn't his thoughts or opinions that I criticized. It was his condescending tone. I stand by my comments.
The following 2 users liked this post by mpuzach:
jschindler (04-07-2017), KDB0925 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 02:23 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

For the record, it wasn't his thoughts or opinions that I criticized. It was his condescending tone. I stand by my comments.
What, you mean calling people morons or idiots and basically attacking them is not a good way to get anyone to listen to your advice?

Now get off my lawn!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 02:32 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Old 04-07-2017, 04:50 PM
konqueror5
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
The OP specifically asked for comments or thoughts. CF member rkhegler did just that. He shared his comments and thoughts, most of which I agree with.

You can't jump on the guy (rkhegler) just because his thoughts are not what OP wants to hear and don't agree with what many young guys think is OK behavior. We are the products of our experiences and as a 65 year-old myself, having lived a "traditional" life, it is simply unacceptable for a man to continue depending on mommy and daddy for a place to live while buying expensive sports cars...even if mommy and daddy don't mind this intrusion. Used to be that a man took pride in being independent and doing things on his own as he took responsibility for his own life.

Things have apparently changed to the point where the younger generation sees no problem in remaining dependent on parents for a place to live while buying toys. I suppose the definition of what it means to be a man has changed as well.

Again, OP asked for our thoughts. Don't get pissed because they don't agree with your own.
Things have changed for sure. My father is 66 so your age . We think very differently, he actually thought I was spoiled since my mother paid my college tuition. My mom viewed it as setting me up for success however and has no regrets. I owe her a lot.

The OP is doing everything right in my mind. He's going to med school, he will be independent, and he'll earn a decent living. Because his parents choose to reward him with rent free living so he can enjoy the finer things in life at a young age isn't a problem to me. When I have kids, if I can, I'll try to provide them the same opportunities. I'm against entitling people and many folks in my generation have that attitude. I can't stand those people.

I still can't imagine someone in med school has a sense of entitlement and doesn't work hard. I'm sure nobody is studying those late nights for him and taking his exams. Just stay humble and all should be fine.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:11 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Understood.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Brohman21
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

I am not using a condescending tone. I've been telling you that I'm doing this the smart way. The fact that I want to leave this house with a retirement amount of money in the next few years due to having no bills, only makes me have ***** the size of planets compared to yours hahaha grow up and start using your brain. You'd think you'd have done that after all your years of living life like a damn hermit lol

Last edited by Brohman21; 04-07-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Brohman21
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZorenZ51
Share it with your Corvette forum friends in here.
hahaha mhm!
Old 04-07-2017, 05:14 PM
ColoradoGS
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

I am not using a condescending tone. I've been telling you that I'm doing this the smart way. The fact that I want to leave this house with a retirement amount of money in the next few years due to having no bills, only makes me have ***** the size of planets compared to yours hahaha grow up and start using your brain. You'd think you'd have done that after all your years of living life like a damn hermit lol
Uh...I don't believe mpuzach was referring to you with his comment about condescending tone.
The following users liked this post:
ZorenZ51 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Brohman21
Instructor

Originally Posted by thill444
What, you mean calling people morons or idiots and basically attacking them is not a good way to get anyone to listen to your advice?

Now get off my lawn!!!
Bitter retired men who spent their entire lives saving their money for whatever the hell they like saving there money for once they're basically in the grave are the men commenting all this nonsense. Welcome to the twenty first century fellas lol it's the age of using your resources.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:24 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Bitter retired men who spent their entire lives saving their money for whatever the hell they like saving there money for once they're basically in the grave are the men commenting all this nonsense. Welcome to the twenty first century fellas lol it's the age of using your resources.
Did you or did you not ask for comments and opinions?
ratvet (02-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2017, 05:27 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Idiot.

He wasn't referring to you. He was backing you up. See if you can follow the content of your own thread.
ratvet (02-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Brohman21
Instructor

You can't jump on the guy (rkhegler) just because his thoughts are not what OP wants to hear and don't agree with what many young guys think is OK behavior. We are the products of our expelrinces and as a 65 year-old myself, having lived a "traditional" life, it is simply unacceptable for a man to continue depending on mommy and daddy for a place to live while buying expensive sports cars...even if mommy and daddy don't mind this intrusion. Used to be that a man took pride in being independent and doing things on his own as he took responsibility for his own life.

Alright I've had enough of this and it's time to put an end to it. I've been telling you that I'm doing this the smart way because it simply IS the smart way. The fact that I want to leave this house with a retirement amount of money in the next few years due to having no bills, only makes me have ***** the size of planets compared to yours hahaha grow up and come out of the turtle shells that you've been hiding in for the past 6 decades. You'd think you'd have done that after all your years of living life like a damn hermit lol I'm getting sick and tired of you people acting like I'm an idiot with no brains. I am currently diagnosing heart and Vascular diseases for Vascular surgeons in order for them to do their procedures. When you've passed giant board exams in physics and Vascular anatomy you come tell me lol welcome to the twenty first century, the century of families caring for one another and of millenials using every resource they have in order to live life with as much money and with as much fun as possible. Please get off my post.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Brohman21
Instructor

Idiot.

He wasn't referring to you. He was backing you up. See if you can follow the content of your own thread.
I deleted the comment because I was too held up with studying anatomical science so I misread the comment. I have better things to do like helping save lives then "following the content" of my thread. GTFO my post.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:43 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

Obviously not the practical choice rather a life changing decision. Once you have one you'll probably be reluctant to ever not have one. Better to be young and enjoy it than wait until it hurts to get into it in Florida or Arizona.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Brohman21
Instructor

Did you or did you not ask for comments and opinions?
No. I asked for thoughts and comments. I didn't ask for your financial opinions. I don't know if you've read the title here that reads "IVE MADE MY DECISION" lol I wasn't asking for a lecture on how to be a retired guy, I asked for thoughts and comments on things like the next steps to take or what kinds of cars to buy. The decision is made. I want advice on the best way to make the purchase, not be pursuaded to accept the fact that I'm "an idiot" and am mooching off my parents. My parents are HAPPY to help set me up for the most successful life possible and I am fine with that. Again, get off my page if you're gonna use nonsensical arguments like the ones you've all been using.

Get notified of new replies

To I've made my decision on buying a C7 Stingray....

Old 04-07-2017, 05:50 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

He wasn't referring to you. He was backing you up.
Correct. My comment was in reference to rkhegler, not you or anyone who has responded in this thread in a constructive manner. FWIW, based upon your posts in this thread you strike me as a well-educated, responsible young man. I hope everything works out the way you want it.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:01 PM
jclarksnakes
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rkhegler
Not many of them 23 years old and living off of their parents.

Someone said that you sounded like an angry old man. With each post you sound older and angrier. There are loads of young people still living with their parents. Many of them are useless brats and we old guys think their parents are helping them to continue being useless brats. But, the OP seems like a very squared away guy who has already accomplished much in life. Any parent would be proud of him. If his parents are okay with him living with them and he is doing well then it seems fine with me.
Foosh (04-08-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 06:06 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

^^^ My sentiments exactly. ^^^

Quick Reply: I've made my decision on buying a C7 Stingray....