Sponsored by:

C7 Grand Sport bra for long trip...suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 08:06 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
I am anticipating a late November, early December trip to Bowling Green to pick up my new GS. Concerned about the weather cooperating.
Valid concern. That's why my trip home from BG was through the southwest. I was afraid of I-90 in April as I have encountered snow on that road in May. I figured I-10 would be safe so I detoured through Tennessee and the Tail of the Dragon to get there.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:27 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Valid concern. That's why my trip home from BG was through the southwest. I was afraid of I-90 in April as I have encountered snow on that road in May. I figured I-10 would be safe so I detoured through Tennessee and the Tail of the Dragon to get there.
I saw a couple of good YouTube videos on how do a Dr Colorchip repair by that company. Very thorough. Would recommend you search for them if you ever have an incident that would require a touch up.Their repair kit is a little expensive but what are the alternatives? From what I can remember, the key to their kit is some type of proprietary solvent that you use to wipe away a very small amount of excess paint to level out the paint repair. They also only give you a small amount of solvent so this limits how much repair work you can do with that kit. I would like to see just how good of a repair it does on a Corvette stone chip and see how invisible the repair becomes when the repair is completed.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:44 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Have you ever used or heard anything about the pros & cons of using this stuff?

https://www.trakktape.com/

Quick Reply: C7 Grand Sport bra for long trip...suggestions