Sponsored by:

How to sell 2016 Stingray Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:04 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Pam those are nice options he chose. Especially the performance exhaust, very desirable. The black details appeal to a lot of buyers too. The 2016 can be had for 20% off msrp and in some cases as much as 24%. Yours at 20% off is about $48K but it's used so I think $45k is in the ballpark. Check with the dealer it was purchase from if not out of state or forum dealer. CarMax is a good starting place too. Sorry about his passing and good luck going forward and with the sale.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Pam, I will also add, that now is a good time to sell. Before you know it, the 2018 model year will be upon us, and the car will have more depreciation. Also people start getting the car buying bug about now now with being winter over, spring time driving ahead.

Michael
Old 04-18-2017, 01:34 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Pam those are nice options he chose. Especially the performance exhaust, very desirable. The black details appeal to a lot of buyers too. The 2016 can be had for 20% off msrp and in some cases as much as 24%. Yours at 20% off is about $48K but it's used so I think $45k is in the ballpark. Check with the dealer it was purchase from if not out of state or forum dealer. CarMax is a good starting place too. Sorry about his passing and good luck going forward and with the sale.
definitely see what car max wants to offer. Worth several thousand dollars to me personally to NOT have to deal woth perspective buyers that's for sure.
I would suspect private sale to be low 40's. Otherwise they'll grab a 17 imho. Kerbeck k sells those for so cheap makes it hard to sell one used especially last year's model.

so sorry for your loss. And since he was a corvette guy that makes it our loss as well! Good luck

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 04-18-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:46 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,037 Likes on 2,024 Posts

Very sorry for your loss. I am sure tha you probably want the car to go to a good home to be cared for as your huisband did. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:12 PM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

CarMax is the least hassle. You won't get the best deal, but after dealing with people for a couple weeks trying to low-ball. You'll probably just end up there anyway.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:37 PM
curve65
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 178 Posts

CarMax no fuss, no muss. Probably do it in an afternoon and no people coming by for a look either. IMHO
Old 04-18-2017, 06:10 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by curve65
CarMax no fuss, no muss. Probably do it in an afternoon and no people coming by for a look either. IMHO

If you decide to list it in this site's C7s for sale forum make your subject line "2016 1LT A8 AW NPP" which willl let people in the know understand the basics of the car. Then post your location, miles, and an asking price (required) plus photos of the car and of the window sticker. I would suggest using the site's messaging feature to let people contact you rather than posting a phone number.

CarMax would be simplest, however.

Good luck.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:32 PM
pam1961oh
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by k_arnold
Hi Pam,
I see your screen name has "OH" in it. If you are from Ohio, maybe someone close to you could come see the car and offer some assistance selling it. We tend to be a pretty helpful crowd here.

I am near Columbus, so if you happen to be a fellow "Buckeye" and are close to the area, I'd offer what help I can.

Kevin
I am just south of Columbus - Waverly...about 65 miles or so. I still have this Vette. I have it listed on here and with Autotrader. AT has brought nothing but scam calls - about 50 in the last month. I have a few contacts from here but am wondering how you tell if they are real people or dealers or what? Also, I'm wondering how I find out how much warranty is left, if any? The past year and a half has been mind numbing but I really need to let this car go.
Pam
Old 07-28-2018, 03:01 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by pam1961oh
I am just south of Columbus - Waverly...about 65 miles or so. I still have this Vette. I have it listed on here and with Autotrader. AT has brought nothing but scam calls - about 50 in the last month. I have a few contacts from here but am wondering how you tell if they are real people or dealers or what? Also, I'm wondering how I find out how much warranty is left, if any? The past year and a half has been mind numbing but I really need to let this car go.
Pam
Bud's Chevrolet in St Mary's, OH is just a 2 & 1/2 hour drive from you. While no one wants to leave money on the table, you need to decide just how bad you want to sell the car.

The following users liked this post:
pam1961oh (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 03:10 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I would recommend taking it to CarMax. Check handed to you in about 30 minutes. No hassle.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:31 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

This post goes back to April 2017 and I am assuming that in over a year that this matter is resolved and car gone.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Pam
Originally Posted by KGrant
This post goes back to April 2017 and I am assuming that in over a year that this matter is resolved and car gone.
Nope.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,935 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
I would recommend taking it to CarMax. Check handed to you in about 30 minutes. No hassle.
Please take this guy's advice. In your situation you just can't get any better. Drive it in and make sure you have a ride home. You'll have a check in hand in an hour, It will be better than dealing with scammers and other people that are more trouble than they are worth (don't have the money, want to take it to a mechanic, joy ride it etc). Below is a link to a Carmax about an hour and a half from you. Because you're not a corvette expert and you live in a pretty secluded area, selling it to a private buyer is going to be tough. Carmax is really a good option. I would avoid dealerships.

https://goo.gl/maps/hihWHUiHz6H2

Use the below links to see what it's worth for trade in. That's what they will give you, maybe a little more or less depending on the condition of the car. I did one below (the last one) and the clean trade in was about $43k. With your options that are above the one I did (base coupe), you should get a little more.

http://www.nadaguides.com/
https://www.kbb.com/whats-my-car-worth/

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2016...-1LT-V8/Values
https://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/corvet...tion=very-good

Last edited by Zjoe6; 07-28-2018 at 05:23 PM.
pam1961oh (08-10-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 05:09 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

As previously stated, if the car is free and clear and no loan against it, then price aggressively to sell and it will, if the car still has a loan consider turning it back to the finance company if you can't afford as a widow.

However, if the loan is in your name then they might come after you for losses, if the car is not in your name with finance company and it is a drag on you then turn it in and they finance company will write it off since the person is deceased who was on the loan.

Too much information is unknown in order to give the best advise but the different scenarios have been offered as your best options.
pam1961oh (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 07:09 PM
pam1961oh
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
Please take this guy's advice. In your situation you just can't get any better. Drive it in and make sure you have a ride home. You'll have a check in hand in an hour, It will be better than dealing with scammers and other people that are more trouble than they are worth (don't have the money, want to take it to a mechanic, joy ride it etc). Below is a link to a Carmax about an hour and a half from you. Because you're not a corvette expert and you live in a pretty secluded area, selling it to a private buyer is going to be tough. Carmax is really a good option. I would avoid dealerships.

https://goo.gl/maps/hihWHUiHz6H2

Use the below links to see what it's worth for trade in. That's what they will give you, maybe a little more or less depending on the condition of the car. I did one below (the last one) and the clean trade in was about $43k. With your options that are above the one I did (base coupe), you should get a little more.

http://www.nadaguides.com/
https://www.kbb.com/whats-my-car-worth/

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2016...-1LT-V8/Values
https://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/corvet...tion=very-good

On my way to CarMax on Monday. Appreciate the links and info.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:51 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

On my way to CarMax on Monday. Appreciate the links and info.

Best of luck on Monday..................

Please come back and post the outcome.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:08 PM
JDMvette7
Burning Brakes

Received 553 Likes on 204 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

So sorry to hear of your loss, Pam.

I would see what Carmax has to say, but you're going to get a lower offer from them or any dealership for that matter. My advice as others have stated would be to get the low end numbers and sell privately IF you have the ability to be patient with the sale. I've used car forums, auto-trader, and eBay in the past with success. With such low mileage, the car really sells itself for those who are looking.

Get notified of new replies

To How to sell 2016 Stingray Coupe

Old 07-29-2018, 01:26 PM
pam1961oh
Heel & Toe

I know. I've been fooling with auto trader and eBay for a year now. I've had it listed on here for a few months. I'm in the spot where I'm paying the insurance each month and at some point, I'm going to have paid more for insurance on a car I don't drive than I would 'lose' at CarMax. It's difficult to figure it all out. I appreciate your advice and insight

Originally Posted by JDMvette7
So sorry to hear of your loss, Pam.

I would see what Carmax has to say, but you're going to get a lower offer from them or any dealership for that matter. My advice as others have stated would be to get the low end numbers and sell privately IF you have the ability to be patient with the sale. I've used car forums, auto-trader, and eBay in the past with success. With such low mileage, the car really sells itself for those who are looking.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:39 PM
pam1961oh
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by rkj427
Best of luck on Monday..................

Please come back and post the outcome.
Life gets in the way sometimes. I ended up doing KBB Instant Cash offer and took it somewhere closer. Dropped it off and left with a check. Makes me sad to see it go and sad that I let it go for so low...but I was paying $1500/year for insurance so at some point, I was paying more to keep a car I wasn't driving. Thank you for your advice and suggestions!
Old 08-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Hey Pam. I somehow missed this thread last year. I'm happy that you've resolved it and can move on in at least this regard. The loss of a loved one is one of life's greatest tests. Although it's been a bit more than a year, I know your heart probably still aches. Sending prayers your way, as are lots of other CF members. Lots of love, Paul

Quick Reply: How to sell 2016 Stingray Coupe