Old 04-19-2017, 10:49 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
Default 2017 owners with Mild to Wild

Do you have a 2017 C7 with Mild to Wild installed? I'm curious about something. We were discussing this in another thread and thought I'd start a new one since we kind of hijacked that one :-)

In my car, when you start the car the NPP starts in a closed / quiet position. It doesn't open until you hit the button. I'm told that this is unusual, even with my model year? But wanted to confirm with other 2017's.

If yours starts with the NPP open, can you check the settings you have for your system in the Infotainment settings? For me, I have all driving modes set to STEALTH, and I'm wondering if that is the difference. When I get a chance I'll try setting the mode to something different.

Here's a video showing how mine works on startup.

You'll see the video starts with the car off, valve is open
Car starts, valve closes
Push the M2W button, valve opens
Shut the car off, it stays open until next restart

Old 04-19-2017, 11:00 AM
CandyRed77
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the home-build M2W (per one of the threads here on CF) in my 2017 GS, which should be the same as the plug-and-play one, as it uses the same components.

I also have the system set to STEALTH for all modes.

When I start the car up, it always defaults to fuse open (loud), no matter what it was before I turned it off. From what I understand this is the norm, as the power to the fuse that is used to power the M2W is shut off when the car is shut off. So the M2W defaults to open.

When I push the button on M2W to close the fuse, it goes to STEALTH, till the next power off/on cycle, then it is back to loud.

So yours seems to be the odd one...

Sonny
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Hmm, maybe I got lucky some how. There isn't a way to wire it differently, I'm wondering if maybe there's something different with a newer version of the box itself?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:20 AM
alexsoo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CandyRed77
I have the home-build M2W (per one of the threads here on CF) in my 2017 GS, which should be the same as the plug-and-play one, as it uses the same components.

I also have the system set to STEALTH for all modes.

When I start the car up, it always defaults to fuse open (loud), no matter what it was before I turned it off. From what I understand this is the norm, as the power to the fuse that is used to power the M2W is shut off when the car is shut off. So the M2W defaults to open.

When I push the button on M2W to close the fuse, it goes to STEALTH, till the next power off/on cycle, then it is back to loud.

So yours seems to be the odd one...

Sonny
On most of the M2W, there is 2 ways to wire it. One is NO or NC. (Normal open or normal close). Wire it NC to start out quiet (control by the car), remote it to open it up. If you wire it NO (normal open) it will always start out loud.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Hmm, is that with the home built version, or with the M2W kit? With the kit, like I have, it didn't seem like it and it seems like it would be strange to have it behaving two different ways.

Seems like some folks are interested in changing the way it behaves, so if that can be done....is that documented somewhere?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:32 AM
alexsoo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
Hmm, is that with the home built version, or with the M2W kit? With the kit, like I have, it didn't seem like it and it seems like it would be strange to have it behaving two different ways.

Seems like some folks are interested in changing the way it behaves, so if that can be done....is that documented somewhere?
The one from Ebay or Amazon.
Didnt know there was a kit.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I suppose it's possible M2W started wiring them differently.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:52 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Yea, that must be. So I guess if there are others with 2017's that have the M2W kit (as in this one)

That may be the difference I guess. People are using the M2W name for everything, including the home built options.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:57 AM
swacker69
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
Yea, that must be. So I guess if there are others with 2017's that have the M2W kit (as in this one)

That may be the difference I guess. People are using the M2W name for everything, including the home built options.
I have a 2017 z06 and just recently bought a mild2wild. I have the exact same problem. Every time I start the car it starts off in stealth mode. Not sure what to do but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
Old 05-14-2017, 09:07 AM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

Rather than going with the m2w, I just pulled the NPP 42 fuse and baffles stay open all the time. Really not much louder at cruising speed but barks when you hammer and cackles more on downshifts. If barking and cackle doesn't work for you all the time the go with the switch.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:14 AM
swacker69
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vbdenny
Rather than going with the m2w, I just pulled the NPP 42 fuse and baffles stay open all the time. Really not much louder at cruising speed but barks when you hammer and cackles more on downshifts. If barking and cackle doesn't work for you all the time the go with the switch.
I originally did pull the fuse and after I got a cam I decided that I wanted to use the mild2wild. When I come home at night I am trying to be nice to the neighbors . Plus I do like the baffles open all the time - even at low rpm's. I appreciate the input on the fuse pulling option though - thank you. But I would like to use the product that M2W is advertising, or at least use it the way it is being advertised.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:21 AM
SMT1004
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by vbdenny
Second this. I pulled the fuse to see what it would sound like and my wife and I love it. Never to loud and we enjoy it open all the time. We didn't see a need to ever be able to close it.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:23 AM
dbaker
Melting Slicks

Received 263 Likes on 179 Posts

Yep.

\db2
Old 05-14-2017, 12:45 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by swacker69
I have a 2017 z06 and just recently bought a mild2wild. I have the exact same problem. Every time I start the car it starts off in stealth mode. Not sure what to do but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
How do you have your exhaust set in the Infotainment screens for all driving modes?
Old 05-14-2017, 12:57 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by swacker69
In infotainment screen settings, check how you have the exhaust set. Go to Settings > Driving Mode > Engine Sound Management. Make sure that either "Sport" or "Track" is selected. That should give you what you're looking for.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by SMT1004
Second this. I pulled the fuse to see what it would sound like and my wife and I love it. Never to loud and we enjoy it open all the time. We didn't see a need to ever be able to close it.
Same for me. Pulled the fuse and it never went back in. No drone anytime.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:09 PM
dndrsn
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

My Shade Tree Bubba NPP controller does not seem to have the option to
be wired for normally closed operation.

Bummer, I would like my car to start quietly.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 owners with Mild to Wild

Old 01-23-2018, 05:53 AM
swacker69
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mpuzach
In infotainment screen settings, check how you have the exhaust set. Go to Settings > Driving Mode > Engine Sound Management. Make sure that either "Sport" or "Track" is selected. That should give you what you're looking for.
1/23/2018 - Update

I have been meaning to update this so here goes.

Thought I would add some closure to this post. Again I have a 2017 and I started with the Mild2Wild that is on eBay. The one I bought on eBay starts the car up with the baffles closed.

Then after some research I bought the Amazon version and THIS version starts the car with the baffles OPEN.

So in conclusion - there are two different versions out there. If you like to have your car startup in quite mode buy the eBay version. Loud and open - buy the Amazon version.

Hope this helps
Old 01-23-2018, 06:13 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Purchased this a few months ago for my 17 Z06, flaps are always open, need to push the button for them to close. I called the company up and ask them the question if the valves would be open or closed upon starting each time, they said they would be open and I would have to manually close them with a button push, that was what I wanted, so you can hear the Akrapovic exhaust.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:59 AM
swacker69
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hcvone
Purchased this a few months ago for my 17 Z06, flaps are always open, need to push the button for them to close. I called the company up and ask them the question if the valves would be open or closed upon starting each time, they said they would be open and I would have to manually close them with a button push, that was what I wanted, so you can hear the Akrapovic exhaust.

This is exactly the way mine is setup. Its awesome! Love it!

Quick Reply: 2017 owners with Mild to Wild