Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Any recomended great shops in Massachusetts that can wrap my C7 in plastic film?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,078 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Default Any recomended great shops in Massachusetts that can wrap my C7 in plastic film?

Any recommendations on Great shops in Massachusetts that can wrap my NEW C7 in plastic film. I have never had a Corvette NEW or USED that had film of any kind on it . I am looking for a shop that will come to the dealership when my car is delivered in about 5 weeks so I hope and do the work at the dealership. I am on the South Shore of Massachusetts in the town of Plymouth. Thanks Dave

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 04-25-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Scoobydoobydoo
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 246 Posts

I'd be leery about getting someone to go to the dealer to do it. When my '14 was XPel'd it took the guy 2 days to do it. That was for the full front, mirrors, and rockers. Depending how much you're getting wrapped it could take longer than that.

Last edited by Scoobydoobydoo; 04-25-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:28 PM
rangda
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 76 Posts

Automotive Elegance in Andover does MacMulkin's wraps, they also do wraps/ceramic coatings at their shop. They wrapped my car through MacMulkin and did a pretty good job, there are still a couple of air bubbles but we haven't had some good warm weather yet. Closer to you is Craft Detailing in Dedham but I have no experience with them.

I believe you ordered your car through MacMulkin so you have 3 choices:

1. Have the car wrapped at MacMulkin. If you do this then you will not get a paint correction so you'll be stuck with any swirls in the paint that occur in transport. On the other hand you won't get any chips in the paint before it's wrapped.
2. Take the car to Automotive Elegance yourself. If you do this you can get a paint correction but you might get some chips depending on how long of a gap there is between taking delivery and getting wrapped.
3. Take the car to Craft Detailing. I cannot offer any insight into how this would go.

My car is basically a daily driver so I had it wrapped at MacMulkin with the $3500 almost full wrap. Some time in the next month or so I plan on taking it back to AE to get a ceramic coating done as well.

Weather permitting I plan to be at the GBCC Corvettes and Coffee on 5/1 and the Blessing of the Vettes on 5/13 (and probably a few other car events in between), if you are going to be at either of those you can look over the wrap job that was done on mine.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:31 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Agreed. A full wrap takes time (mine was 2 weeks) if done properly and with the attention to detail that you want. Most dealers or installers won't want to do that. Get it done at their shop, not a mobile place, where they can control the environment.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rangda
Automotive Elegance in Andover does MacMulkin's wraps, they also do wraps/ceramic coatings at their shop. They wrapped my car through MacMulkin and did a pretty good job, there are still a couple of air bubbles but we haven't had some good warm weather yet. Closer to you is Craft Detailing in Dedham but I have no experience with them.

1. Have the car wrapped at MacMulkin. If you do this then you will not get a paint correction so you'll be stuck with any swirls in the paint that occur in transport. On the other hand you won't get any chips in the paint before it's wrapped.
2. Take the car to Automotive Elegance yourself. If you do this you can get a paint correction but you might get some chips depending on how long of a gap there is between taking delivery and getting wrapped.
3. Take the car to Craft Detailing. I cannot offer any insight into how this would go.

My car is basically a daily driver so I had it wrapped at MacMulkin with the $3500 almost full wrap. Some time in the next month or so I plan on taking it back to AE to get a ceramic coating done as well.

Weather permitting I plan to be at the GBCC Corvettes and Coffee on 5/1 and the Blessing of the Vettes on 5/13 (and probably a few other car events in between), if you are going to be at either of those you can look over the wrap job that was done on mine.
Thanks I was going to call them because they are on the XPEL website and were recommended by the XPEL customer service. I will give them a call tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Italianfox
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 375 Posts

GBCC? Where? Link? doesn't come up on Google. had MacMulkin do mine before delivery. Took an extra 2 days but it is pretty much perfect.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Thanks I was going to call them because they are on the XPEL website and were recommended by the XPEL customer service. I will give them a call tomorrow.
Give our Corvette Team a call at 603-888-1121 and we'd be happy to set something up for you.

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 04-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Give our Corvette Team a call at 603-888-1121 and we'd be happy to set something up for you.
Thank you
Old 04-27-2017, 08:36 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Protection Plus
171 Shaker Road
East Longmeadow, MA 01028
413-525-6200
owner is Paul.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 AM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
Protection Plus
171 Shaker Road
413-525-6200
owner is Paul.

i second this. great guys to deal with. you can also use RS auto detailing for detailing. he does some amazing work. him and protection plus work together.

both do amazing work and are the only ones i let touch my vehicles.

Last edited by StealthFRC; 04-27-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:17 PM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
Protection Plus
171 Shaker Road
413-525-6200
owner is Paul.
X3, They have done several cars for me and a few friends.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:54 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Dave, I have a real pro that comes to my house and does the Expel. He's done my Vettes and Viper. He's doing my boat this week. Reasonable too. If you want his contact info, I can give it to you when I get back from Vermont.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Bobd207s
Burning Brakes

Location: Cancer Sucks - please donate to Corvettes Conquer Cancer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

One of the best in the business and he's in Burlington !!

http://tintworksboston.com/
Old 05-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Tjf2000
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
Dave, I have a real pro that comes to my house and does the Expel. He's done my Vettes and Viper. He's doing my boat this week. Reasonable too. If you want his contact info, I can give it to you when I get back from Vermont.
I would be very interested in his service. Could you pm me the info? Thanks
Old 05-04-2017, 05:28 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

The car is cleaned properly and polished before Xpel is installed by our detailer here. I am sorry if you feel that wasn't completed but that is not the case. If you have any further issues with your Xpel, Call me. I'm the guy that got those beautiful stripes and hash marks on your car for you.

Kenny G.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:41 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Tjf2000
I would be very interested in his service. Could you pm me the info? Thanks
Sure. PM sent.

Get notified of new replies

To Any recomended great shops in Massachusetts that can wrap my C7 in plastic film?

Quick Reply: Any recomended great shops in Massachusetts that can wrap my C7 in plastic film?