C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM VIR HPDE June 26 & 26 - anyone going from the DFW Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:18 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default NCM VIR HPDE June 26 & 26 - anyone going from the DFW Area?

Just wondering if any track guys are going to the Corvette Museum HPDE June 26 & 27. This has been on my bucket list for several years; just haven't been able to justify the 18 hour trip solo.
The following users liked this post:
Houstonhotrod69 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:05 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I'm not from DFW area, and I only drive about 12 hours (650 miles) to get there, but it's a GREAT event!!!

I've been going for 10 years, and I'll c'ya there in June!

The track is a world class roadcourse. It's a beautiful venue out in the Virginia countryside, nice elevation changes, a couple nice straights, and lots of fun technical corners - you'll LUV it!!!

And there will be mostly Corvettes, and LOTS of us forum members there to meet and yak with.

The hotel where tech and registration takes place has been the Sleep Inn by the airport (just east of downtown Danville), and I'm sure it will be the host hotel again. Make reservations early. There are a couple other hotels/motels right near that area as well.

The last few years I've been staying out at the track in the Pit Lane Rooms - they're right there in the paddock area, so it gives my crew chief (wife) somewhere to get out of the heat if it's a hot day.

There's other lodging available at the track as well, and if you'll be there solo you may be able to find another forum member who can share a room with you - there are usually a couple of guys that are looking to share.

Take a look at the link below for lodging options at the track:

http://virnow.com/lodging

Looking forward to meeting up with you - look for my Laguna Blue C7 Z06 over by the Pit Lane Rooms!

Then, after you check VIR off your bucket list, plan to come on over to Daytona in the fall to run the Rolex 24 roadcourse at the Speedway to check off another bucket list event. There are several events in the fall - beginning of Oct, and beginning of Dec.

BTW - if anybody else is interested in attending the VIR HPDE, take a look at the Nat'l Corvette Museum Motorsports Park site link below. It shows that the NCM will put on 3 HPDE's this year: one is this weekend, and one in Aug at the Motorsports Park across the Interstate from the Museum and Assembly Plant; and the other is the VIR event June 26-27.

http://motorsportspark.org/hpdes

Last edited by BEZ06; 04-25-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added link to VIR lodging
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM
r1owner
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there in my Cobalt...

It's worth the drive! I'm driving 14 hours to get there myself.

Last edited by r1owner; 05-19-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM VIR HPDE June 26 & 26 - anyone going from the DFW Area?

Quick Reply: NCM VIR HPDE June 26 & 26 - anyone going from the DFW Area?