C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why no leather horn pad on upper trim levels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Just wondering? Even if GM uses the highest quality leather out there, it cannot cost more than $10! It's a small touch that adds quite a bit to the richness and ambience of the interior.
Even though the C7 is available with the most luxurious Corvette interior yet, it is still filled with plenty of cheapness in design, materials, and fit & finish.
In no way does it remind me of a Jag or an Aston.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Vyper340
Many manufacturers make them in leather. It adds a nice touch and demonstration of attention to details. That is something that many high line cars do...
Assuming that shows an attention to details is a mistake. Things don't work that way in the real world.

Bill
Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 AM
STINGmole
Racer

Received 319 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Vyper340
Many manufacturers make them in leather. It adds a nice touch and demonstration of attention to details. That is something that many high line cars do...
Like who? I just did a search for several steering wheels. Lambo, Ferarri, Aston Martin, Bentley, Jaguar, etc.

You'd think that I'd see at least one steering wheel with a leather covered airbag, right? No.

Hmmmmm....maybe there's a reason. Do you think it could be possible that it's not a good idea to cover an exploding airbag with stitched leather?....and an even better idea not to re-upholster a safety device that has been crash tested? - I do.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by STINGmole
Like who? I just did a search for several steering wheels. Lambo, Ferarri, Aston Martin, Bentley, Jaguar, etc.

You'd think that I'd see at least one steering wheel with a leather covered airbag, right? No.

Hmmmmm....maybe there's a reason. Do you think it could be possible that it's not a good idea to cover an exploding airbag with stitched leather?....and an even better idea not to re-upholster a safety device that has been crash tested? - I do.
You should do more research!!
The following users liked this post:
joeybsyc (05-04-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:41 AM
STINGmole
Racer

Received 319 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
You should do more research!!
I started with your namesake. http://starmoz.com/images/2010-ferra...ia-wheel-5.jpg

Quick Reply: Why no leather horn pad on upper trim levels?