Sponsored by:

Corvette loyalty back in June?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:21 PM
PT109
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Corvette loyalty back in June?

What do you think about GM having better incentives starting June1. Taking delivery around Memorial Day, but would like to delay delivery until first of June to see if their are any new rebates.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:43 PM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

I just got a mailer from les standford that implies the loyalty rebate last until the end of May. It was advertising a bunch of lease specials on a variety of C7 trims.

I inquired last week and again this week but havnt gotten the response im looking for to wrap up a potential deal
Old 05-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

I would like to know who at GM determines the rebates. Corvette had a 13% sales decline from last April to this April. You would think they would step up their game and try to move cars off of dealers lots. Now they are going to close the plant for 3 months in prime Corvette selling season? How stupid is that? Why not build 2018's until the end of October and close for November, December, and January when sales slow down?
The following users liked this post:
presvt (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 09:53 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

If I was a betting man I would say you may not see a loyalty rebate again until September since this is prime Corvette sales season. But you never know. If they continue to sit in a ton of inventory and sales are below expectations they may offer it sooner.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,910 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by thill444
If I was a betting man I would say you may not see a loyalty rebate again until September since this is prime Corvette sales season. But you never know. If they continue to sit in a ton of inventory and sales are below expectations they may offer it sooner.
But with the plant closed August, September, and October, do you think they would over a loyalty rebate then?

The Loyalty Rebate may be gone, because they are trying to build up some inventory prior to the shutdown.

I don't mind saying this plant shutdown really screws up my buying plans.

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 05-03-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Carqwik
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

If anything, expect incentives to decrease over the summer due to 1) plant shut down and 2) arrival of prime selling season. Inventory will get tighter; dealers will hold on to more gross. Plus, incentives cost GM money and reduce net revenues on vehicle sales (wholesale to dealers). Why offer if not needed?

Bear in mind that not all Corvette buyers know about this forum and thus miss out on the information offered. These customers will buy when they want with whatever incentives are available at the time.
The following users liked this post:
nytrorcr (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,235 Likes on 1,090 Posts

I was looking at Kerbeck's site and, even though there are no longer loyalty rebates, their pricing, including bonus tags on some in stock cars, was better than the loyalty rebate. Some bonus discounts were in the $2,400 range on top of their usual discounts.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:18 PM
nytrorcr
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

[QUOTE=Carqwik Bear in mind that not all Corvette buyers know about this forum and thus miss out on the information offered. These customers will buy when they want with whatever incentives are available at the time.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the above statement....
Old 05-04-2017, 12:19 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

They also announced at the Bash last week that after the plant reopens they will be building fewer Corvettes due to process changes.

It makes sense as they were building more cars than demanded anyway but that could impact incentives.

In the end I think it all works out. You might pay a little more to get into a Corvette but by reducing supply and decreasing incentives it should help with used car values.

Last edited by thill444; 05-04-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:21 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default you may be on to something

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I would like to know who at GM determines the rebates. Corvette had a 13% sales decline from last April to this April. You would think they would step up their game and try to move cars off of dealers lots. Now they are going to close the plant for 3 months in prime Corvette selling season? How stupid is that? Why not build 2018's until the end of October and close for November, December, and January when sales slow down?
Old 05-04-2017, 01:48 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by PT109
What do you think about GM having better incentives starting June1. Taking delivery around Memorial Day, but would like to delay delivery until first of June to see if their are any new rebates.
Unfortunately, we cannot predict what incentives GM will offer the following month. Sometimes, we may not know for the first couple of days in the new month.

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 05-04-2017, 02:30 PM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Unfortunately, we cannot predict what incentives GM will offer the following month. Sometimes, we may not know for the first couple of days in the new month.
I feel gm doesnt go by the normal month to month programs but rather will change things even mid month. I've been inquiring to multiple forum dealers about a lease on a 1LT z51 stingray manual lease. (One forum dealer sent out mailers advertising low lease payments with low drive off) haven't gotten any responses about the ads and they were awesome leases

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette loyalty back in June?

Quick Reply: Corvette loyalty back in June?