Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory Seats - Auto Exit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:02 AM
lynndm
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 25 Posts

Here's what my '14 M7 is doing: When I get in it the first time to drive it and leave the fob in my pocket and open the doors, the seat and steering wheel move to the exit position automatically. As soon as the door is closed, the seat moves to the driving position.
When I shut off the car and open the door to exit, the seat moves back to the exit position by itself. All is well up to this point. The problem starts when I go to get in the car the next time. I approach the car and the seat is still in the exit position BUT as soon as I open the door, the damn seat moves to the driving position requiring me to manually move it back to get in. Shutting the door this time, the seat stays in the exit position that I just manually put it to. Now I have to manually move it forward to drive the car.
Is anyone else's car following this particular sequence of events?

Doug
Old 05-28-2017, 10:20 AM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by lynndm
Here's what my '14 M7 is doing: When I get in it the first time to drive it and leave the fob in my pocket and open the doors, the seat and steering wheel move to the exit position automatically. As soon as the door is closed, the seat moves to the driving position.
When I shut off the car and open the door to exit, the seat moves back to the exit position by itself. All is well up to this point. The problem starts when I go to get in the car the next time. I approach the car and the seat is still in the exit position BUT as soon as I open the door, the damn seat moves to the driving position requiring me to manually move it back to get in. Shutting the door this time, the seat stays in the exit position that I just manually put it to. Now I have to manually move it forward to drive the car.

Doug
Did your car get the software update that was released in 2014 to correct this problem?
Old 05-28-2017, 10:44 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Doug
That is the second "error" GM had with the 2014 seat memory! I never did get the "software option" for my September 2013 built C7. By the time it was out (~15 months after I got mine, as I recall) I learned a faster two hand approach!

However solved what I called the "Superman seat option-you have to be faster than a speeding bullet to use it. " in the first few weeks from a forum post.

Been a long time but I recall you have to set to OFF an Enter/Exit option. It is the reverse of what you logically would think would be the way to set it from the menue words - but these were stupid errors IMO. (Not fixed until the 2016 software; and no upgrade with that "Superman" option out.) Can't recall exactly but set the seat return the opposite of what appears logical and the seat will stay in the exit position.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-28-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:58 PM
lynndm
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE
Did your car get the software update that was released in 2014 to correct this problem?
I think I had a reflash done when I first got the car but not sure it addressed this particular issue. I'm going to write down the service bulletin # and take it to the dealer and make sure the right one is done this time.

Thanks for your help
Doug
Old 05-29-2017, 12:29 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

I think I had a reflash done when I first got the car but not sure it addressed this particular issue. I'm going to write down the service bulletin # and take it to the dealer and make sure the right one is done this time.

Thanks for your help
Doug
The software option only addressed a way to move the seat forward without having to hold in the desired button.

As stated, I never had the "optional" software installed in my September 2013 built C7 because it wasn't offered until some 15 months after I got my car and I used a two hand method for 3 1/2 years. In fact GM did not call it a fix, as IMO it was not! It should have been like my C6 standard shift where I pushed the start button only once!

As mentioned above it's not a fix to solve your issue it's what you have selected to either Enter/Exit. Look at the menue and whatever you have selected set to OFF. As mentioned a Forum member in October 2013 showed how to solve it! That is when I got mine to stop! Might be able to find a post, but as I said, just set it for what does not appear logical from the menue words!

It was addressed in 2016 and my 2017 does not offer that irrational option. That new software is not a dealer upgrade.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-29-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:48 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 321 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

My 14 M7 did the same thing. Open the door and the seat would move to driving position. Had the software update performed and it added a third option in the menu.

Now the seat does not move when the door opens. It moves into driving position when you hit the start button. (Must have parking brake set for it to work)
Old 05-29-2017, 10:18 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^
FWIW, never had the software "option" installed in my September 2013 built 2014 C7, M7. Stoped the "stupid" seat moving to driver's position when the door is opened in October 2013, ~2 weeks after I got the car following a Forum post on how to do it!

From what Post # 21 describes, he has the "optional" software. Just needs to set Exit/Enter properly, IMO. Suggest your's is, perhaps by the dealer who installed the "optional" software.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-29-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:19 PM
crwvette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capecodvette
I have a 2016 Z51. GM sent out a email to owners on " how to program" memory seats, and easy exit feature.
Hi, would you mind sharing the memo. Just bought a 2016 and tried following the manual to no avail. I would much appreciate seeing the memo or if you could refer me to a site location. Thanks, Craig

Quick Reply: Memory Seats - Auto Exit