LG Motorsports blast from the past

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 10:37 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG Motorsports blast from the past

Folks, here is why LG Motorsports is different. We do not just sell other company parts, we design build and race prove our parts that we sell.

Here is a video taken at one of our races. Enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW this is a blast from the past.

We still have this car. LG Motorsports has always done better in Sprint races than endurance racing. we did lead many of the Grand Am races that we ran but our learning curve was harder than we thought.

We converted this car to World Challenge specs and went and won some races with it but the World challenge series and sadly GM, legislated Corvettes like this out of the Series so Cadillac could take the GM Banner without a top Independent Corvette team interfering.

Now they only let GT3 cars in World Challenge which eliminated any Car builders like LG Motorsports from entering. And GM has banned even the Calloway GT3 car from racing in the US. Funny how that works?

We won our share of World Challenge races with this car. Now it is just an expensive Track Day car (if any of you are interested in it)

thanks
Lou Gigliotti

Old 05-07-2017, 12:29 PM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

Lou are you going to be racing in a C7 anytime soon..??
Old 05-07-2017, 12:42 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by John Micheal Henry
Lou are you going to be racing in a C7 anytime soon..??
John,

Here is the problem. World Challenge will not allow a C7 to race in the GT class because they have shifted to full GT3 cars and a company like LG Motorsports can not build a Corvette to run.

PLUS, GM has blocked the GT3 Calloway from Europe from running in the World Challenge or in the Rolex Series. The only Corvette that can run in Grand Am is the GTLM Factory Corvette and NO other Corvettes.

The Model Porsche has built its winning record on is to allow multiple teams to get the Porsche race car and compete with many teams and they let the cream rise to the top.

They often supply great Factory Drivers but the independent teams have brought Success to Porsche. Same for Ferrari.

Somehow GM thinks that only they can succeed and they work hard to keep ALL other teams out of racing in any series that they run in.

They like to brag that they have the "Most 1-2 finishes" in ALMS but that was when there were only 2 cars running. SO they really should say they have the "Most Last and Second last Finishes"

Political lobbying on the part of Pratt and Miller raking in multi-millions in Corvette racing budgets is the problem
When GM colluded with Michelin to not sell my GT2 team tires in 2008-09 they guaranteed that no independent team could get Homologation or the necessary equipment to race a Corvette.

At Petit Le Mans in Atlanta in 09, we out qualified both Factory cars. The powers at GM Should have seen that there was no magic in a single factory team but real magic in multiple independent teams using the Porsche model.

BUT money talks and they move on with Self Aggrandizing Promotions as if they walk on water.

Hey, did i go too far with this answer
The following users liked this post:
John Micheal Henry (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 04:01 PM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
John,

Here is the problem. World Challenge will not allow a C7 to race in the GT class because they have shifted to full GT3 cars and a company like LG Motorsports can not build a Corvette to run.

PLUS, GM has blocked the GT3 Calloway from Europe from running in the World Challenge or in the Rolex Series. The only Corvette that can run in Grand Am is the GTLM Factory Corvette and NO other Corvettes.

The Model Porsche has built its winning record on is to allow multiple teams to get the Porsche race car and compete with many teams and they let the cream rise to the top.

They often supply great Factory Drivers but the independent teams have brought Success to Porsche. Same for Ferrari.

Somehow GM thinks that only they can succeed and they work hard to keep ALL other teams out of racing in any series that they run in.

They like to brag that they have the "Most 1-2 finishes" in ALMS but that was when there were only 2 cars running. SO they really should say they have the "Most Last and Second last Finishes"

Political lobbying on the part of Pratt and Miller raking in multi-millions in Corvette racing budgets is the problem
When GM colluded with Michelin to not sell my GT2 team tires in 2008-09 they guaranteed that no independent team could get Homologation or the necessary equipment to race a Corvette.

At Petit Le Mans in Atlanta in 09, we out qualified both Factory cars. The powers at GM Should have seen that there was no magic in a single factory team but real magic in multiple independent teams using the Porsche model.

BUT money talks and they move on with Self Aggrandizing Promotions as if they walk on water.

Hey, did i go too far with this answer
^^^^Thanks Lou..
Old 05-08-2017, 07:05 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I remember that car... brings me back to my photography days.

LG Motorsports (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 08:07 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

What the heck is that strange car you are driving with the round tail lights
Old 05-08-2017, 10:07 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by TCorzett
I remember that car... brings me back to my photography days.

Those are some great photographs thanks for posting Them up

What track are they from ? Long Beach? Sears Point?

Lou G

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 05-08-2017 at 10:10 PM.
TCorzett (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 11:28 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Those are some great photographs thanks for posting Them up

What track are they from ? Long Beach? Sears Point?

Lou G
Thanks! Yup. top one is Sears Point and bottom two were from Long Beach. I'm sure I have some more burred on my computer; these were the ones I could find quickly online. Likely have some from that time at Laguna Seca too.
LG Motorsports (05-09-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports blast from the past

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports blast from the past