Sponsored by:

May 10% Bonus Tag with GMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Aaron Dimas
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May 10% Bonus Tag with GMS

I have a 17 GS on the way with an original build date of 1MAY17 that I customized out of dealer stock/order in the 2000s ordering stage. So it's my understanding that it's not technically a "sold" order but rather a "stock" dealer order with my deposit on it.

Question is, I am entitled and have a GMS authorization code that the dealer does not currently know about, (He thinks he's selling it to me at invoice). I would like to squeak our maximum bonus/incentives not in the form of price reduction off MSRP from Chevy. If I manage to get my car tagged with the current 10% Bonus Tag offer does anyone know if it's compatable to be sold at GMS price with the purchase cash option still applied as a rebate/bonus cash?

I'd love to just ask my dealer but selling the car at GMS employee program price is completely optional not to mention once they find out their cut is a little less I usually receive worse customer service or get screwed on the trade from past transactions.

if it's not, it's pretty much a waste of the Tag if it can't be reversed on the VIN, and also don't want to **** off my dealer as my close dealer options are limited. Holding out for Memorial Day offers but starting to doubt if any are on the Horizon. Staeting to think with just a $50 increase in price to an 18 GS, it may be better to just order an 18 at GMS before the factory takes its summer vacation.

Any insight is welcomed...
Old 05-15-2017, 10:52 PM
M_G
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Highly unlikely you will get a dealer to give you GMS and the bonus tag. Didn't work for me when I bought my leftover 16 in December (tag was 20% then, and much better price than the GMS so I didn't bother with that). I haven't looked into this particular tag since I just bought a few months ago, but typically its one or the other, not both. At 10% its basically going to be a wash between the bonus tag and GMS pricing.

This is similar to how the financing offers usually work as well. If you take the bonus tag, no 0%.

Last edited by M_G; 05-16-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:10 AM
IM3CPO
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I am not sure how the bonus tag works, but I did want to make sure you knew that rebates are done in addition to GMS pricing. For example, I bought a 2017 Z06 about a month ago and did so at GMS pricing. I also qualified for the $5K discount on cars that had carbon ceramic brakes, so I got that in addition to GMS pricing.

Again, I am not sure if the "bonus tag" counts as a rebate or not, but traditionally these types of discounts dont come from the dealer; they come from GM so its possible you could get the dealership to give you some of their cut if you play your cards right.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:07 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

The 10% bonus tag is an illusion. What it amounts to is GM gives the dealer a rebate in the amount of the difference between the 10% off MSRP price and GSU price. So here is an example.
$80k MSRP
10% off = $8k
GSU = $75k
75k-72k=3k.
Rebate is $3k.
Did I do the math right? Its been a long day. The dealer can sell the car for GSU - bonus tag, which amounts to 10% discount. They can sell it for more or less of GSU, but all they get from GM is the rebate.

You can go to Kerbeck or wherever and see the bonus tags listed. They are all in the range of $2k to $3k.

In addition, you can't put the bonus tag on a customer or stock ordered car. The tags were assigned the first week of May.

This is all based on what my local dealer told me so your welcome to try and find a different answer with your dealer.

Last edited by djnice; 05-16-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Frigging typos
Old 05-16-2017, 08:59 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Aaron Dimas
I have a 17 GS on the way with an original build date of 1MAY17 that I customized out of dealer stock/order in the 2000s ordering stage. So it's my understanding that it's not technically a "sold" order but rather a "stock" dealer order with my deposit on it.

Question is, I am entitled and have a GMS authorization code that the dealer does not currently know about, (He thinks he's selling it to me at invoice). I would like to squeak our maximum bonus/incentives not in the form of price reduction off MSRP from Chevy. If I manage to get my car tagged with the current 10% Bonus Tag offer does anyone know if it's compatable to be sold at GMS price with the purchase cash option still applied as a rebate/bonus cash?

I'd love to just ask my dealer but selling the car at GMS employee program price is completely optional not to mention once they find out their cut is a little less I usually receive worse customer service or get screwed on the trade from past transactions.

if it's not, it's pretty much a waste of the Tag if it can't be reversed on the VIN, and also don't want to **** off my dealer as my close dealer options are limited. Holding out for Memorial Day offers but starting to doubt if any are on the Horizon. Staeting to think with just a $50 increase in price to an 18 GS, it may be better to just order an 18 at GMS before the factory takes its summer vacation.

According to the rules of the Bonus Tag program this month from GM, the Bonus Tag is NOT compatible with GMS. It's one or the other.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Dimas

First things first. There is a lot of confusion on this forum about GMS. GMS is employee pricing and GSU is supplier pricing. Are you employee or supplier?

If you are buying the car at invoice, the dealer is still making hold back. If you are buying with GMS or GSU, the dealer will make just about the same amount so it won't matter to the dealer. If the price is supplier (instead of employee) its pretty much the same as invoice. If its employee, the price is much less.

The Bonus Tag rebate is not compatible with either GMS or GSU so you can not combine them. If you get employee pricing your are good to go. If you are getting supplier pricing you would be better off getting the car at invoice and using the tag. However, the amount of tags that dealers get is pretty limited and I don't know if a dealer would be willing to use a tag (if he even gets one) on a car that is already sold.

So, in short, if you are getting employee pricing, don't stress over the tag, you've already got a great deal.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

The following 2 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
djnice (05-16-2017), Oskee (05-16-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 08:22 AM
matthewz409
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, Kerbeck pricing is listing "No additional dealer fees required" in the graphics but the fine print says "plus tax, license, registration, and processing fees." What are the processing fees being charged?
Old 05-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewz409
Dave, Kerbeck pricing is listing "No additional dealer fees required" in the graphics but the fine print says "plus tax, license, registration, and processing fees." What are the processing fees being charged?
Actually, the only thing we have to charge over an above the price of the car is your state sales tax. If you elect to have us do you DMV work for you, we will collect your DMV fees plus a documentary fee of $379, but only if we do your DMV work. However, keep in mind that if you finance your car, the bank requires us to do the DMV work so insure that the lien is placed on the car. So if you finance, we will have to collect your DMV fees and the doc fee.

Dave
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Dave, Does GM currently have the $2,000 trade and $1,000 finance incentives on the Corvettes? Can those be combined with the bonus tag?

Get notified of new replies

To May 10% Bonus Tag with GMS

Quick Reply: May 10% Bonus Tag with GMS