C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Grand Sport came without rockers or front splitter....is this standard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:29 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
My neighbor just purchased a 2017 Grand Sport but after driving home from Indy to Chicago, I noticed the rockers and front splitter are missing. Not installed. Not in the car.

I thought the 2017 Grand Sports came standard with the front splitter and rocker panels standard?

I like to be in the know, but the dealer is claiming that is part of another package? Really? Unfortunately the dealer is 3.5 hrs away.

so what are next steps? Talk to the manager? Contact Chevy Customer service?
Shut the f.... up Donny, you're out of your league here........
Old 05-23-2017, 02:27 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
Thanks Everyone. That's what I figured. It dos boggle the mind that they would deliver a Grand Sport with out installing them.
When I was at cars and coffee in Vegas Saturday I walked by a GS and walked up to the gal that owned it and introduced myself and shared with her that she was missing something. She asked me what I was talking about and I clued her in on the splitter and side skirts. They weren't on the car. She thanked me. This is the second one I have seen like that. The first one I asked the owner if he had them removed. You know the rest of the story.

Last edited by joemessman; 05-23-2017 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:34 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I read behind a guy on a GS facebook group that said his dealer didn't install these std. items and GM was going to give him a 750.00 GM gift card deal for this error. Another member didn't know about the add ons and had to get his dealer make good on his car and he called GM about the 750 and they are going to get back with him so maybe you can get compensated for your troubles. My dealer told me he wasn't supposed to put the GS on the lot until these items were installed. Go figure, good luck
Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM
IndyGrandSport
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took delivery of a Grand Sport in Indy yesterday and the dealer told me the same thing when I asked about them missing. It had me doubting myself so I checked here this morning to confirm I was correct. I'll definitely be calling today. I'm curious if it may have been the same dealer as the OP?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:27 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by joemessman
When I was at cars and coffee in Vegas Saturday I walked by a GS and walked up to the gal that owned it and introduced myself and shared with her that she was missing something. She asked me what I was talking about and I clued her in on the splitter and side skirts. They weren't on the car. She thanked me. This is the second one I have seen like that. The first one I asked the owner if he had them removed. You know the rest of the story.
Yep, I experienced the same thing. I was at a recent Vette Rally and I talked with 3 different GS owners and asked if they removed the side skirts or opted to have them left off. All 3 told me that the car doesn't come with them. I politely told them that their GS DID come with them, none of them believed me. The event was being held at a Chevy Dealership. I suggested they ask the sales Mgr. and/or parts guys. I didn't think about telling them to look at their Sticker.

I know many of the Dealer are clueless, but when someone is spending big bucks on a GS they need to know what their buying. JMO
Old 05-24-2017, 12:54 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

This is the way the GS and Z06 come from the factory, without the front splitter and ground effects. They are shipped this way as not to damage the splitter and side ground effects coming off the car carriers. The dealer is supposes to install these (PDI) before customer takes delivery.
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by VettinFan
Yep, I experienced the same thing. I was at a recent Vette Rally and I talked with 3 different GS owners and asked if they removed the side skirts or opted to have them left off. All 3 told me that the car doesn't come with them. I politely told them that their GS DID come with them, none of them believed me. The event was being held at a Chevy Dealership. I suggested they ask the sales Mgr. and/or parts guys. I didn't think about telling them to look at their Sticker.

I know many of the Dealer are clueless, but when someone is spending big bucks on a GS they need to know what their buying. JMO
The Automobile sales people just don't have any product knowledge. Isn't that the first thing a successful salesman should know? They should learn the ins and outs of what they are selling. How hard can that be?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by joemessman
The Automobile sales people just don't have any product knowledge. Isn't that the first thing a successful salesman should know? They should learn the ins and outs of what they are selling. How hard can that be?
So true! While going on a nice ride last week I stopped at a Chevy dealer about 60 miles from my home. A salesman saw my car and asked me if the side skirts came with the car. He had two Grand Sports in his showroom and he didn't know that they came standard.

Quick Reply: New Grand Sport came without rockers or front splitter....is this standard?