Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

The dealers are just giving you the typical runaround.
Let the State deal with 'em.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:17 AM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnoldZO6
Hello Forum Community,

After post my last thread about all the issues I have been having with my 2017 Z06 in the Last thread of Link Below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rs-beware.html

I appreciate all the support from the forum members giving advice and to the others who were just straight negative, well thanks !

After my thread was closed the vehicle had given me more issues, starting with the rear inner hatch needed to be repaired and repainted at 1900 miles, my headlight which had water stains inside (first dealer did not warranty as "it is normal") the second dealer did warranty the headlight as it is not normal to have water stains inside. (broke the bumper while they replaced the defective headlight.) Sent the car to body shop to be repaired again (Third Time at the body shop in 3 Months) (First Hood, Second Trunk Liner, now Third Bumper) (Fenders are still Chipping(BOTH))

It has just become a monthly visit I guess... To top it off the seat has a clicking noise which the dealer tech hears and claims is not normal but has no fix to resolve the issue.

Anyways, GM has accepted the buyback of this defective model and I am now awaiting further response on how to handle the situation.
You did the right thing, I had many issues with a C5 from almost day one and should have done the lemon law route our buyback. The motor ended up blowing and it was repaired under warranty. My first drive I could tell it wasn't repaired well (shifter barely went into reverse). I traded it in the next day.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:35 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
The dealers are just giving you the typical runaround.
Let the State deal with 'em.
Originally Posted by halt00
You did the right thing, I had many issues with a C5 from almost day one and should have done the lemon law route our buyback. The motor ended up blowing and it was repaired under warranty. My first drive I could tell it wasn't repaired well (shifter barely went into reverse). I traded it in the next day.
How am I supposed to get the state involved? They seem to be giving me the run around as day 1.

Halt00- Oh boy do I feel you, If i could have traded the vehicle in the day I first drove it, and especially when I found out the hood had touch up paint on it, the fenders were chipping and all the other flaws... but i would have been down 10k for something GM did not do correctly. I am in complete shock how this vehicle ever left the factory. I have 5 friends with other corvettes (C7) and they all say the vehicle is a defect. Even the simplest thing ( my shifter ) is the wrong one. My vehicle has red interior with red stitching and the boot is clearly wrong ment for a white stitching interior car... As said on the forum," built on friday" maybe with a few brews...
Old 05-23-2017, 06:09 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

How am I supposed to get the state involved? They seem to be giving me the run around as day 1.
I am not an expert on CA State Agencies.
I suggest you do a Google Search or ask a forum member from CA for advice or just contact an attorney.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:32 PM
blynch67
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

California has very owner friendly lemon law, from what I've read.

I second the previous advice to involve the State and let them deal with Chevrolet. My guess is the State Consumer Affairs Bureau or the A.G. office is where you should look.

Chevrolet will probably find a dealer to take the lemon.. quickly.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:02 AM
Tron1
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default .

Arnold,
Horrible story re: the many issues you continue to have with your car.
If it was happening to me I would want the car replaced.

I would have many sleepless nights and be agitated until the car was replaced. You have incredible patience. My 2017 C7 has been perfect except for paint issues (orange peel). I sincerely hope you can resolve all the issues to your satisfaction. Please keep the Forum informed... and best of luck to you
Old 05-24-2017, 11:53 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by blynch67
California has very owner friendly lemon law, from what I've read.

I second the previous advice to involve the State and let them deal with Chevrolet. My guess is the State Consumer Affairs Bureau or the A.G. office is where you should look.

Chevrolet will probably find a dealer to take the lemon.. quickly.

^^^^If I was in a similar situation, I'd be filing a dispute with the Attorney Generals office.
I don't know how they are in CA, but I know from experience things move rather quickly here in NYS once they're involved.
Unfortunately, at times some people or businesses need a fire lit under their *** & the AG is a good way to get that done.
Good luck OP.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good luck getting this resolved. As others have said, if VM is stalling, contact your appropriate state agency and get them involved.
The following users liked this post:
ArnoldZO6 (05-31-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 05:09 PM
rockit1
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Hello Forum Community,

After post my last thread about all the issues I have been having with my 2017 Z06 in the Last thread of Link Below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rs-beware.html

I appreciate all the support from the forum members giving advice and to the others who were just straight negative, well thanks !

After my thread was closed the vehicle had given me more issues, starting with the rear inner hatch needed to be repaired and repainted at 1900 miles, my headlight which had water stains inside (first dealer did not warranty as "it is normal") the second dealer did warranty the headlight as it is not normal to have water stains inside. (broke the bumper while they replaced the defective headlight.) Sent the car to body shop to be repaired again (Third Time at the body shop in 3 Months) (First Hood, Second Trunk Liner, now Third Bumper) (Fenders are still Chipping(BOTH))

It has just become a monthly visit I guess... To top it off the seat has a clicking noise which the dealer tech hears and claims is not normal but has no fix to resolve the issue.

Anyways, GM has accepted the buyback of this defective model and I am now awaiting further response on how to handle the situation.
do you have comp seats, back click is normal per my dealer!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:46 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by rockit1
do you have comp seats, back click is normal per my dealer!
no regular gt seats, and the click is NOT normal, as I have sat in 10+ C7 cars with the comp seats and with regular GT seats. There is simply something loose in your seat which causes it to click.

I did receive a phonecall today from the rep who said they did find a dealership to do the return, but I could not talk at the moment so it was a short phonecall. I did call back to find out where I will be returning the vehicle and when and there was no answer again. I called back and left a message. Now awaiting a reply.

Oh did someone say sleepless nights???!?!?! Imagine 5 months of these annoying evenings where all i think about is this.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:10 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

no regular gt seats, and the click is NOT normal, as I have sat in 10+ C7 cars with the comp seats and with regular GT seats. There is simply something loose in your seat which causes it to click.

I did receive a phonecall today from the rep who said they did find a dealership to do the return, but I could not talk at the moment so it was a short phonecall. I did call back to find out where I will be returning the vehicle and when and there was no answer again. I called back and left a message. Now awaiting a reply.

Oh did someone say sleepless nights???!?!?! Imagine 5 months of these annoying evenings where all i think about is this.
There is a process, GM puts together a package with several forms for you to sign off on plus your check with the amount you and GM agreed on. They FedEx this to the dealership. A member of management at the dealership has to handle the buy back process. Sounds like you are getting closer to finalizing this nightmare. Good luck
Old 05-31-2017, 02:35 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Thank You all for the Support through this horrific 5 Months of ownership.
The paperwork has began processing as I was sent a documented repurchase paper with the refund I will be receiving. I have had the documents signed properly and faxed to the repurchase coordinator and am now awaiting instructions on return.
The following 4 users liked this post by ArnoldZO6:
cor28vettes (05-31-2017), CP (05-31-2017), matt3310 (06-01-2017), Thunder22 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 04:12 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Hello All,
today is 6/02/2017 and I have signed the needed paperwork from the Repurchase department on 5/31/2017 and am now awaiting the orignal purchasing dealership to call me with a time for me to drop the vehicle off.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:43 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Hello Forum Family,
I am Pleased to say that I no longer own this Nightmare of a Defective Z06. On 6/06/2017 I Dropped the vehicle off to the original selling dealership and signed all the related Paperwork for Repurchase.

Thank You to the Members online who understood and supported me through this horrible experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by ArnoldZO6:
pkincy (06-13-2017), Thunder22 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 05:13 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Sorry to read it didn't work out for you. I can't even imagine how frustrating this was.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:02 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
Sorry to read it didn't work out for you. I can't even imagine how frustrating this was.
Thank you, and lets just say im not going to be on this forum any longer...

Goodbye Everyone!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 146 Posts

Thank you, and lets just say im not going to be on this forum any longer...

Goodbye Everyone!
At least tell us how much they gave you back????

Get notified of new replies

To My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06

Old 06-14-2017, 07:26 AM
dbintegrity
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd imagine it would be the full price according to his sales invoice
Old 06-14-2017, 07:38 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

GM bought my 16 stingray back last yr. You get full price plus tax and tag minus mileage deduction. They have a formula they use to calculate this, purchase price x miles at first occurrence of your problem divided by 120,000.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:27 AM
dbintegrity
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Nickel and dimed right to the end, huh ? I'd be sure not to come back... its not frustrating enough to deal with a constant faulty vehicle, that costs a fortune, but make the client miserable right to the end too... lol That's why I'll NEVER own another FORD again.
Gone are the days of customer satisfaction.. you know the "We're sorry and we'll throw you a bone for your troubles" days....

Quick Reply: My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06