C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Vettes are so beautiful, some people tried to steal mine but Vettes are traps

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:12 PM
DuckNorris
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C7 Vettes are so beautiful, some people tried to steal mine but Vettes are traps

Thank you all for helping me out with Vette but recently some people started burglarizing homes and got to mine. What happened was, instead of stealing anything in our home, they legitly forgot about what was in the house and they saw my Vette in the garage and took it for a little ride while I was at work. Promptly police was called when my brother got there, called Onstar and they were able to pinpoint my Vette and catch all 4 of them, now in jail.

4 idiots in my freaking Vette, shake my head.They luckily did not go too far. I am freaking pissed off still but my Vette is fine but had it not been for my Vette these burglars would have gotten away with burglary cause they have stolen from other houses and not gotten caught in the past.

Any things I should mention my Insurance to check for in my car?

Last edited by DuckNorris; 05-23-2017 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
itaylorm (05-25-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Wow....what a story. Glad they were caught and your Corvette is OK.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Just a thought but could it end up as a theft recovery on Carfax possibly resulting in diminished value!?
Old 05-23-2017, 03:21 PM
DuckNorris
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boraxman
Just a thought but could it end up as a theft recovery on Carfax possibly resulting in diminished value!?
You know, I wonder if this is true. To be honest I doubt I would ever get rid of it or anytime soon after I pay it off. I worked very hard to get my car so don't want to get into debt again anytime soon, probably will get another Vette in the future but not anytime soon so haven't thought of car value.

Has anyone had experience with this? I will ask insurance this thank you very much!

Last edited by DuckNorris; 05-23-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Many years ago I took my supercharged C4 Vert in for an alignment after having new shoes mounted at a shop I never used before but came highly recommended. Long story short, the shop's counter guy decided to take it for an unauthorized joy ride at 100+ MPH on the local streets while on probation and with a suspended license. Cops caught him after a nice chase. The cops were nice and did not impound the car. No mention on the CarFax. No damage to the car.

Shop owner did not offer even an apology. I paid the counter guy before he took off on his joy ride. Maybe he pocketed my payment!

Last edited by Flame Red; 05-23-2017 at 03:35 PM.
itaylorm (05-25-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

How'd they get four people in a c7? Glad you got it back ok!
Old 05-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Your car was returned to you and not purchased by insurance and titled stolen. I would not worry about CarFax even being notified.
JRYELLOWCORVETTE (05-25-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 03:45 PM
DuckNorris
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
How'd they get four people in a c7? Glad you got it back ok!
2 of the dumbasses layed down in the back cabin ...
Old 05-23-2017, 03:47 PM
DuckNorris
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Flame Red
Many years ago I took my supercharged C4 Vert in for an alignment after having new shoes mounted at a shop I never used before but came highly recommended. Long story short, the shop's counter guy decided to take it for an unauthorized joy ride at 100+ MPH on the local streets while on probation and with a suspended license. Cops caught him after a nice chase. The cops were nice and did not impound the car. No mention on the CarFax. No damage to the car.

Shop owner did not offer even an apology. I paid the counter guy before he took off on his joy ride. Maybe he pocketed my payment!
Jeez I would have been pissed off too. Glad you got it back wish it was like these days where you can write a review for them lol.

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Your car was returned to you and not purchased by insurance and titled stolen. I would not worry about CarFax even being notified.
Thank you! Hopefully everything goes well then.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:02 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

[QUOTE=DuckNorris;1594799916] ... instead of stealing anything in our home, they legitly forgot about what was in the house and they saw my Vette in the garage and took it for a little ride while I was at work. Promptly police was called when my brother got there, called Onstar and they were able to pinpoint my Vette and catch all 4 of them, now in jail.
[QUOTE]

Did they find and steal your FOB from inside the house...or were they able to start your car inside the garage w/o the FOB on them?????
Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 PM
DuckNorris
Intermediate

[QUOTE=agapsdiver;1594800790][QUOTE=DuckNorris;1594799916] ... instead of stealing anything in our home, they legitly forgot about what was in the house and they saw my Vette in the garage and took it for a little ride while I was at work. Promptly police was called when my brother got there, called Onstar and they were able to pinpoint my Vette and catch all 4 of them, now in jail.

Did they find and steal your FOB from inside the house...or were they able to start your car inside the garage w/o the FOB on them?????
Yes, they found and stole the FOB. They looked everywhere for it (which meant they didn't steal anything else in the house so busy looking for the FOB).
Old 05-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Carqwik
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Retired state trooper told me that a manual tranny is the best theft prevention device out there...none of the kids today know how to drive one. (His words...)
The following 3 users liked this post by Carqwik:
aj98 (05-25-2017), Gonzo (05-24-2017), JRYELLOWCORVETTE (05-25-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:42 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

In Virginia, we have guns to deal with burglars. Maybe hide the keys, maybe?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:52 AM
DuckNorris
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vbdenny
In Virginia, we have guns to deal with burglars. Maybe hide the keys, maybe?
They were hidden in a way but they looked all over the house for them. I am getting a safe.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:04 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red

Good Lord!
Glad to hear there was no damage, sir.

Originally Posted by DuckNorris
2 of the dumbasses layed down in the back cabin ...
Kids?
Originally Posted by DuckNorris

Yes, they found and stole the FOB. They looked everywhere for it (which meant they didn't steal anything else in the house so busy looking for the FOB).
FWIW, whenever the wife and I go on a trip, I hide the various FOBs in places not even John Gotti would think to look (like under a washing machine, for example).

Originally Posted by Carqwik
Retired state trooper told me that a manual tranny is the best theft prevention device out there...none of the kids today know how to drive one. (His words...)
Pffffft, more ignorant "advice" from an LEO.
Obviously, he hadn't noticed the vast majority of ricers are manuals.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:45 AM
vetteorama
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

@DuckNorris Man I'm glad you got it back ok and the guys are in jail!

That makes me want to hide me key FOBs...but luckily I also have a big doberman which is a good theft deterent.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:53 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Well that should shut up those C6 guys complaining about tightness in the C7 !
Gonzo (05-24-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Vettes are so beautiful, some people tried to steal mine but Vettes are traps

Old 05-24-2017, 10:12 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Putting the fob into a safe is a great idea, I have hiding spots for all of the keys to our cars that would cause burglars a fit to try and find them. Although they aren't getting past my big aggressive dog anyhow, so it's overkill that I hide the keys/fobs anyhow.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 AM
felkebg
Pro

Received 224 Likes on 126 Posts

Did your C7 play any part in getting them caught? Valet mode enabled, Onstar etc?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by felkebg
Did your C7 play any part in getting them caught? Valet mode enabled, Onstar etc?
OnStar.

On a crime show other day a scumbag's carjacking a gal's Escalade.
With a gun to her head perp asks if she'd OnStar.
Some crooks are savvy, fortunately all 4 of these weren't.

Quick Reply: C7 Vettes are so beautiful, some people tried to steal mine but Vettes are traps