Sponsored by:

Dealership experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:39 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Seems to me it's time to let this rest. There was poor communication on both sides. OP didn't do his homework, and the salesperson was cryptic in saying, "we have another one just like it."

Dave has made it right. OP has acknowledged his role as well. It's over with a good outcome for all.
Twisted view of what the OP stated. It s time to let it go. But to say the customer being told they 2 with identically equipped car and color combos and leave out one is 4k more is not on the customer who is 1.5hrs away and on the phone with the salesman.

people like Dave, who are active on the forum are fantastic. It's the other people there I and many people I know are the ones that left us with a bad taste in our mouths.

That's why dealing with Mike Furman was such a great experience. The one on one from start to finish.

I'm sure people who deal with Dave from A to Z would say the same.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:00 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Misunderstood your knowledge or lack thereof regarding how it Really works. Because 99% don't have a clue.

I was one of them until I cared enough to learn. Shame on me I had the tools at my
disposal just didn't care to learn earlier.

Now I get annoyed when I see things like what happened to the op Dealt with. And had he not complained here it would have gone unresolved.

I'm curious, what were the tools you had at your disposal to learn about these tags?
Old 05-25-2017, 09:09 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
I just want to point out where you are a bit confused. GM never lets us move tags. Once or twice a month GM may award us additional tags over and above what we got at the start of the month and we can put them on what we want but only have a day or 2 to do it. However, the original tags stay where they are. If there is another round of tags this month, we'll give him one. We have been speaking outside of this thread and I have quite a few cars that will work for him.

Dave

Will the customer know which cars are tagged when he/she walks in the showroom? For instance, something stating the additional discount on the windshield?
Old 05-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I dealt with Dave several years ago when I purchased my 15 from Kerbeck. I found him to be a stand up guy which I think he has illustrated over the course of this tread.
The following 2 users liked this post by Corgidog1:
direct007 (05-25-2017), JerryU (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 09:30 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by OntarioOrangeC3
Will the customer know which cars are tagged when he/she walks in the showroom? For instance, something stating the additional discount on the windshield?
Kerbeck is one of the most transparent dealers and clearly lists the discount tagged cars on their website as well as the signage on the windshield of each car once at the dealership. You can know from the comfort of your living room before even stepping into the showroom or speaking to a salesperson which cars have the bonus tags by searching online. You can sort by body style, color, transmission and option packages and then look at the "bonus savings" column for the tagged cars.

You will notice the "you pay" price column for some very closely equipped cars can vary substantially simply because of the bonus tag discount.
The following 3 users liked this post by direct007:
JerryU (05-25-2017), OntarioOrangeC3 (05-25-2017), Racingswh (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 AM
ZenicaPA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Racingswh
We live over in Chalfont.
Hey, we're not far from each other.

I end up North Wales at least once a week.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Yes! The bonus tags are displayed on each car on our website and also on the cars in the showroom.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
OntarioOrangeC3 (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:57 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Is it safe to say these bonus tags only go on the higher priced or harder to move C7s?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

According to the OP, the two cars were identical in configuration.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

I got that.
I'm just thinking you wouldn't likely see these bonus tags on a base 1LT Stingray with few options that likely would sell easily.
Unless of course there were any leftovers when the 18s come out & the dealer wanted to move them. Something you might see now on leftover '16s that some dealers still have.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:27 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

As I stated earlier, this has been a very informative thread.
From what I've read so far, it seems to me these bonus tags could possibly be used as leverage for the buyer to seal the deal.
But maybe I'm wrong on that.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

I got that.
I'm just thinking you wouldn't likely see these bonus tags on a base 1LT Stingray with few options that likely would sell easily.
Unless of course there were any leftovers when the 18s come out & the dealer wanted to move them. Something you might see now on leftover '16s that some dealers still have.
That's not the case with Kerbeck. Because this is a track car 1st and street car 2nd we need no equipment so a 1LT GS works. A GS is better than a C7Z51 because my pile of track wheels will fit the GS so we can keep street tires on the factory wheels.

Absolutely do not want a Z07 car because of the brakes. My spend last year for pads on the Viper was over 10k. I don't need another car with ceramics on it.

Kerbeck had bonus tags on perfect cars for my Wife but they were sold. They still had a bonus tag car equipped exactly as she would like it except it's WG Gray. As I now understand clearly they can't walk over and grab that tag off the WGG car and stick it on the one my Wife wants.

They have the most inventory, the have the best colors, they have the best deals.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:42 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Still say, if the salesman had told the OP they only had one car (red tag) at that price, this thread would not exist.

Also think it's very gracious for the dealer to offer a red tag in the future for the OP.

Last edited by 1SG_Ret; 05-25-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1SG_Ret
Still say, if the salesman had told the OP they only had one car (red tag) at that price, this thread would not exist.

Also think it's very gracious for the dealer to offer a red tag in the future for the OP.
You are 100% correct.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
Hey, we're not far from each other.

I end up North Wales at least once a week.
Lived in this area all my life and a part of it in North Wales in the neighborhood at Kenas and Horsham Road. Grew up in Doylestown and went to CB West.

Have been a Corvette fan all my life and the sports car I keep coming back to time and time again.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:02 PM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Racingswh
That's not the case with Kerbeck. Because this is a track car 1st and street car 2nd we need no equipment so a 1LT GS works. A GS is better than a C7Z51 because my pile of track wheels will fit the GS so we can keep street tires on the factory wheels.

Absolutely do not want a Z07 car because of the brakes. My spend last year for pads on the Viper was over 10k. I don't need another car with ceramics on it.

Kerbeck had bonus tags on perfect cars for my Wife but they were sold. They still had a bonus tag car equipped exactly as she would like it except it's WG Gray. As I now understand clearly they can't walk over and grab that tag off the WGG car and stick it on the one my Wife wants.

They have the most inventory, the have the best colors, they have the best deals.

You saw perfect cars for your wife with bonus tags but they were sold.
I know they can't walk over & grab a tag off another vehicle, but if you read the last sentence in post #49, more tags will soon become available.
Assuming you knew that, wouldn't you tell the salesman to get the color your wife wanted (& equipped) & throw in the next available bonus tag?
That's what I would offer to seal the deal & why I mentioned it seems like having these bonus tags is leverage for the buyer.
Of course the dealer can say no, but then again he may not.
All I'm saying is if I see 2 identical C7s (as in your case for starting this thread) & one had a bonus tag & the other did not, I sure as hell wouldn't pay $4000 more for the same equipped vehicle.
But that's just me.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

I know they can't walk over & grab a tag off another vehicle, but if you read the last sentence in post #49, more tags will soon become available.
Assuming you knew that, wouldn't you tell the salesman to get the color your wife wanted (& equipped) & throw in the next available bonus tag?
That's what I would offer to seal the deal & why I mentioned it seems like having these bonus tags is leverage for the buyer.
All I'm saying is if I see 2 identical C7s (as in your case for starting this thread) & one had a bonus tag & the other did not, I sure as hell wouldn't pay $4000 more for the same equipped vehicle.
But that's just me.
I get you. I didn't know anything about bonus tags until I started this thread. I assumed incorrectly a dealer can sell any car equipped exactly the same way as another for the same price.

Like you I wouldn't pay $4,000 more for exactly the same vehicle either.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership experience

Old 05-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

But that's just me.
We are assuming there will be more bonus tags but we don't know it fir a fact. Also, there's nothing to say the that the next round of tags will be the same offer. The next tags could be a better deal or not as good role there may not be another round.

In answer to you other question, we put tags on cars that we know people want, not what we can't sell. We have many base, 1LT cars tagged in our mix.

Dave
The following 2 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
itaylorm (05-26-2017), OntarioOrangeC3 (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 11:32 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

To OP. Did you check inventory at MacMulkin?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:09 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Call Mike a Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland. You wont get any BS.

Quick Reply: Dealership experience