C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Corvette is not a true Corvette until this happens.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,658 Likes on 845 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by Corvette#2
What kind of busy body even carries "you park like an *******" forms around with them ?
The following users liked this post:
woodsguy (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 03:08 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

In conclusion....

In society today, we have one type of ******* that parks close to other cars on purpose just to **** people off.

In the same society we have another type, the ignorant ******* who thinks taking up 2 spots is a good idea.

ONCE AN ******* ALWAYS AN *******....Meaning you can't change "*******".

However, there are folks who believe ******** must be dealt with.

Folks who have the occasional encounter with one of these 2 wonderful varieties of ******* are going to deal with them however they see fit, and they don't give a rats *** if some complete stranger on the internet doesn't like the way they handled it.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 06-12-2017 at 03:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RedC7AZ:
ALMS21 (06-12-2017), woodsguy (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 03:13 PM
ZenicaPA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemdawg99
If something like the meme you are referring to happened with me in my Corvette, I'd just call the cops and have their cars towed, considering they are the ones parked illegally.

The cost to get your car back after being towed, along with the hassle, certainly qualifies as "consequences".
Your relying on the police to get there in a timely fashion to verify the situation before calling the tow truck which will then take more time and if the **** bricks show up within that time they'll be free to remove their car and the only person inconvenienced is the poor sap stuck between them.

I don't advocate extremes or violence to solve a petty parking problem however I do agree that when people do not stand up for themselves in scenarios such as this it's simply
strengthens the **** bricks belief he can pull stunts like that and get away with it.

In my youth I would've handled it in a more passive aggressive way by placing a nail perched up against the tire tread and braced by the asphalt. A few nails per tire would suffice. Of course this simply feeds into an eye for an eye because the *** hole that started it probably doesn't even recognize their contribution in starting it.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:26 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by ALMS21
I don't mess with anyone's else stuff....don't mess with mine. I park in designated parking spaces in the appropriate fashion. You want to be a smart *** and intentionally do **** like the two ****** in the picture I reference, be prepared to deal with the consequences.

The childish act is the one done by the two ****** on both sides of the Vette. I need to get to my drivers door (or passenger door). If I mess your **** up getting to MY CAR in MY SPACE because YOU thought to be a *****, sorry about your luck.

And no, that was your old man on the Cops episode... with the spaghetti stained wife beater and the can of Shlitz in his hand.

Yes, it's childish if someone did that. It's also just as childish, if not more so in my opinion, to do what you're suggesting. I said it before... two wrongs do not make a right, period. You clearly think you're in the right with the vandalism and destruction of others' property, but I'm certain our legal system would view it otherwise.

Originally Posted by ALMS21
***** that do **** like that will never learn when you just roll over time and time again. Trust me, what I do is not blatant. Just trying to squeeze in to get to my door. Can't help that my belt, gym bag, hip, knee, ***, whatever scrapes/dents your vehicle because you wanted to be a jealous *****.

I'm all out of deep breaths.

If what you do is not blatant, something tells me the "*****" will not learn from it. If you ignore them, sure, they won't learn anything. My $0.02 is they're not going to learn, regardless... ever.

If you stoop to their level, they'll just consider you to be another a-hole Corvette driver. My $0.02 is that you can't win every situation in life, so sometimes you just have to accept that a certain percentage of the population with whom we live are really not good people, and move on. You may think I'm deluding myself, but I have confidence that karma will take care of them.

I sincerely hope nobody does something like this to you. Society has enough aggravation as it is.

Last edited by LT4_CE; 06-12-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:50 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
In conclusion....

In society today, we have one type of ******* that parks close to other cars on purpose just to **** people off.

In the same society we have another type, the ignorant ******* who thinks taking up 2 spots is a good idea.

ONCE AN ******* ALWAYS AN *******....Meaning you can't change "*******".

However, there are folks who believe ******** must be dealt with.

Folks who have the occasional encounter with one of these 2 wonderful varieties of ******* are going to deal with them however they see fit, and they don't give a rats *** if some complete stranger on the internet doesn't like the way they handled it.

Of course they don't give a rat's *** what someone on the internet thinks about how they handle that situation, or any other. It's just a conversation, and I would assume that what you're saying is a given.

The real issue I think we're discussing is how to deal with the ********. Do you stoop to their level, or lower by vandalizing their car? If you do, you're letting them, in effect, control you, imo. The situation is not going to be changed by stooping to their level, and quite possibly will get worse. So the only measure of control of the situation that one has is to not lose self-control.

I've had this happen, and a couple of times I've just talked to the person. Even though I know it won't work, I feel better because I didn't stoop to their level. Usually when that happens, they get upset with me, which I don't understand, but I expect. It seems like the more wrong the person is, the angrier they get when you point it out to them.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
Your relying on the police to get there in a timely fashion to verify the situation before calling the tow truck which will then take more time and if the **** bricks show up within that time they'll be free to remove their car and the only person inconvenienced is the poor sap stuck between them.
That's beside the point. If the people who parked like that to block me from entering my car return, then I can deal with them myself (without resorting to violence except in self-defense). If the cops get there before they do or as the asshats return the parking lot, so much the better.

If my car is the one in the middle, I have wait anyway. Calling the cops ensures that things will proceed peacefully.

I don't advocate extremes or violence to solve a petty parking problem however I do agree that when people do not stand up for themselves in scenarios such as this it's simply
strengthens the **** bricks belief he can pull stunts like that and get away with it.
I agree, but that's what the police are for. I'm not going to stoop to the same lawless level as the ******** who would block me in that way out of envy.

In my youth I would've handled it in a more passive aggressive way by placing a nail perched up against the tire tread and braced by the asphalt. A few nails per tire would suffice. Of course this simply feeds into an eye for an eye because the *** hole that started it probably doesn't even recognize their contribution in starting it.
Now, you are no better than they are.

Last edited by Chemdawg99; 06-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

I see there are some like minded people here that know violence and vandalism are NOT the way to handle a situation like the one we've discussed here. To those people I will quote a friend of mine who (I think) coined the saying "A fool won't listen and a wise man doesn't need to hear it." In other words....save your breath. To that end, I rest my case.

There's nothing useful left to say after 6 pages or more of this diatribe.
The following 2 users liked this post by Frodo:
Chemdawg99 (06-12-2017), LT4_CE (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 04:03 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Two sides to that coin, that the OP wants to protect his Corvette from the ignorant ******** out there who think nothing of banging your car with their doors and thinking nothing of it, I'm the same with all my vehicles, my Corvette, my wife's Mercedes or my pickup. That being said, I always park as far out as possible, preferably on an end spot as close to the curb as I can get, so as not to encourage any haters or self-appointed parking enforcers, and I never take up 2 spots. I've found that the nicer the car, the more people resent parking that way, an old POS nobody notices, but a new Corvette will always draw attention, and ire as well.. So, I feel the OP's pain, but if the snarky note bothers you, don't invite it by parking badly, move farther out, use one spot and take the hike.
The following users liked this post:
woodsguy (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TKgs2010
Two sides to that coin, that the OP wants to protect his Corvette from the ignorant ******** out there who think nothing of banging your car with their doors and thinking nothing of it, I'm the same with all my vehicles, my Corvette, my wife's Mercedes or my pickup. That being said, I always park as far out as possible, preferably on an end spot as close to the curb as I can get, so as not to encourage any haters or self-appointed parking enforcers, and I never take up 2 spots. I've found that the nicer the car, the more people resent parking that way, an old POS nobody notices, but a new Corvette will always draw attention, and ire as well.. So, I feel the OP's pain, but if the snarky note bothers you, don't invite it by parking badly, move farther out, use one spot and take the hike.
/THREAD
Old 06-12-2017, 04:09 PM
johno504
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

A HOLES will do what they do.....too bad this one owns a Vette
Old 06-12-2017, 04:11 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by LT4_CE
Of course they don't give a rat's *** what someone on the internet thinks about how they handle that situation, or any other. It's just a conversation, and I would assume that what you're saying is a given.

The real issue I think we're discussing is how to deal with the ********. Do you stoop to their level, or lower by vandalizing their car? If you do, you're letting them, in effect, control you, imo. The situation is not going to be changed by stooping to their level, and quite possibly will get worse. So the only measure of control of the situation that one has is to not lose self-control.

I've had this happen, and a couple of times I've just talked to the person. Even though I know it won't work, I feel better because I didn't stoop to their level. Usually when that happens, they get upset with me, which I don't understand, but I expect. It seems like the more wrong the person is, the angrier they get when you point it out to them.
The conversation often turns to an argument when someone gets their panties in a bunch if the other person didn't handle the ******* correctly in their opinion.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
The conversation often turns to an argument when someone gets their panties in a bunch if the other person didn't handle the ******* correctly in their opinion.
Yes, there's a risk of that happening, but I think it's a relatively small risk. I don't think a person will become argumentative when they know they're actually in the wrong.

A big part of it is how you say what you're going to say to them. If you start off angry, they'll get angry, real quick. I think if you're reasonable, the most they'll do is think you're the a-hole and leave.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:31 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by LT4_CE
Yes, there's a risk of that happening, but I think it's a relatively small risk. I don't think a person will become argumentative when they know they're actually in the wrong.
Have you BEEN on the Corvette Forum long?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:58 PM
woodsguy
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
I said it. In fact it was the first response I posted. He should have been towed. Plain and simple. He would then think twice about being an ***!
Parking like an @@@ to me shouldn't lead to a car towing. I don't think they tow from handicap parking violations. The note was nice touch with no damage.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Wow.....we are REALLY done here.

Thread Closed.

Quick Reply: A Corvette is not a true Corvette until this happens.....