Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain issues

Old 06-19-2017, 07:07 PM
lurtonk
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Rain issues

My 2017 C7 is almost 2 months old and I have had 2 rain-related issues.

Last week, on a rainy day, I opened the rear hatch to put in my computer bag, closed it like normal, got in, started the car I got a ping telling me to look at the dash and the rear hatch open indicator was on. Got out and opened and closed the hatch again but the indicator stayed on. I planned on taking the car to the dealer the next morning but when I started it the next day, no indicator!

It rained hard yesterday and when I started the C7 this morning to go to work, the radio didn't work. No volume. When I cranked the volume up with the **** or with the steering wheel button the volume indicator said "Phone Volume" not radio or media.

After work, the radio controls and volume worked as normal.

I plan on taking the car to the dealer but I was curious if anyone else had seen either of these?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Inop radio (especially when combined with a blank screen) seems to be relatively common across all C7 years. Many cases, power cycling the car takes care of it.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by lurtonk
My 2017 C7 is almost 2 months old and I have had 2 rain-related issues.

Last week, on a rainy day, I opened the rear hatch to put in my computer bag, closed it like normal, got in, started the car I got a ping telling me to look at the dash and the rear hatch open indicator was on. Got out and opened and closed the hatch again but the indicator stayed on. I planned on taking the car to the dealer the next morning but when I started it the next day, no indicator!

It rained hard yesterday and when I started the C7 this morning to go to work, the radio didn't work. No volume. When I cranked the volume up with the **** or with the steering wheel button the volume indicator said "Phone Volume" not radio or media.

After work, the radio controls and volume worked as normal.

I plan on taking the car to the dealer but I was curious if anyone else had seen either of these?
I have a 2017 convertible but had a similar trunk not closed message. I was on a slight hill opened the trunk and when I closed it the pull down mechanism seemed to relax slightly after closing the lid. The engine was running and I proceeded to my destination with the trunk open display. I shut down the engine and looked for anything that would inhibit closing the trunk lid, found none closed the trunk and the problem has not resurfaced.

Last edited by Larry/car; 06-19-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:10 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I have a 2017 convertible but had a similar trunk not closed message. I was on a slight hill opened the trunk and when I closed it the pull down mechanism seemed to relax slightly after closing the lid. The engine was running and I proceeded to my destination with the trunk open display. I shut down the engine and looked for anything that would inhibit closing the trunk lid, found none closed the trunk and the problem has not resurfaced.
I had the exact same issue with my, now dead, 17 Z06 convertible. It was extremely frustrating. The top would neither go up nor down when that warning was active. I hate to think what would have happened if it started to rain and that warning was active...

When it was in for its 500 mile oil change, I had the dealer look for the problem but they found nothing.

Get notified of new replies

To Rain issues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rain issues