Sponsored by:

Great delivery experience & super price on 2018 GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Baltimoron
I'd have laughed in their face too. There's no logical reason to pay thousands more locally. Especially if you're taking delivery from the factory.
I can have the new, BUILT TO ORDER C7 shipped from the Chevy dealer in the Northeastern United States, right to my front door in Texas and still pocket $3,000.00! 😊 Ed Wallace the guy from Ft. Worth that hawks for Classic, can't seem to do 2nd grade math.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:03 AM
MHE-Plex
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 137 Likes on 115 Posts

Posted in wrong thread. Deleted.

Last edited by MHE-Plex; 09-09-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:38 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Congrats OP.. Beautiful color choice. enjoy every second driving that car. I swear I love mine more now, today even than i did when i picked it up almost a year ago.. time flies!!

PS - your salesman seems like a genuinely nice guy i enjoy his videos but i cannot endorse him until Mike Furman retires lol He's my guy!!
The following users liked this post:
Hollingswerth (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 11:40 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Good job love the WGG and the black cups!
The following users liked this post:
Hollingswerth (09-09-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Mike Davenport
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL I love this comment. At least we have the same name... Mike furman is one awesome dude.

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Congrats OP.. Beautiful color choice. enjoy every second driving that car. I swear I love mine more now, today even than i did when i picked it up almost a year ago.. time flies!!

PS - your salesman seems like a genuinely nice guy i enjoy his videos but i cannot endorse him until Mike Furman retires lol He's my guy!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike Davenport:
23/C8Z (10-11-2017), Rebel Yell (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Squeaky Wheel
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollingswerth
Happy days are here - I picked up my new 2018 GS this afternoon. A big thanks goes out to Mike Davenport (the ‘Louisville Chevy Dude”) at Bachman Chevrolet in Louisville, KY. He made it a great experience for me and surprised me with a killer price.

I decide to pull the trigger on a 2018 during the first week in May, and had planned to order from MacMulkin (and do Museum Delivery as the best way to get possession of the car.) They offered to give 10% off, which was the best deal I could find on a 2018 at the time.

However, at the last minute, and to save the cost of Museum Delivery, I decided to give my local dealer, Mike Davenport, a chance. He wouldn’t give me an exact % off, so it was difficult to compare apples to apples, but said he could at least match their price, if not beat it – at all depended on the actual invoice when the car arrived. So, preferring to support my local dealer, I took a chance and placed an order with Mike.

Bottom line – my 2018 GS arrived yesterday, and he delivered it today. My total cost was exactly $613 less than what it would have cost me to get it from MacMulkin. I was definitely surprised, and glad I had put my trust in him. Mike also set everything up for me on the car, gave me a tour of the service department to show me who works on the Corvettes, assured me they always use Mobil 1, jack pucks, etc.

Overall, this was a great experience, and I’m really glad to been able to “buy local” and also know I have an ally at the dealer should I need one.
Mike,
Thanks for posting this info. I’m located just outside of Louisville, and was wondering where would be the best place to get service on my 2016 3LT Stingray should the need arise. Mine was purchased very slightly used, and is still under factory warranty, but I had to go out of state to find it. I love it, but am also experiencing the itch to upgrade to a GS or perhaps Z06. Just assumed I’d have to go outside Louisville for that to happen. Good to hear that might not be necessary.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:33 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

Congrats .... nice car....... moral of the story...you always need to shop around!!!!

Quick Reply: Great delivery experience & super price on 2018 GS