Sponsored by:

Caught in a monsoon with my convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 04:22 PM
madmusicltd
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Caught in a monsoon with my convertible

I'm not afraid to drive my car in the rain, although I usually don't take it if I know it's going to be crappy... I ended up getting caught in some extreme down pours that ended up flooding the highway, I ended up driving through puddles up to my doors... I was not happy. BUT I am happy to say I have had no issues since, (and the car is still kinda drying out). All the insulation seemed to have soaked up water. Has anyone here had any issues with driving through extreme puddles? I had ruined an alternator in my MB doing the same... Hats off to the engineers for making a water proof car!

Last edited by madmusicltd; 06-19-2017 at 04:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dvilin (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default Not exactly

as a resident of Western WA. State many of you realize rain is as much a part of our lives (at least until July) as the Space Needle, the Mariners losing and Nirvana references but the worst I ever had was back in New Jersey (land of my "boith") when I was going to Roosevelt Stadium in 1978 to see Emerson, Lake(coincidence?) and Palmer in my 1974 VW bug into a flooded street and yes, VW bugs actually do float (and when I pressed the horn it reminded me of a fart in the bath tub).

Or, as the old National Lampoon (spoofed) VW ad said, "If Ted Kennedy were driving a VW he would be President today."

Sorry for rambling
The following 2 users liked this post by dbirdhouse1:
astaggs (06-20-2017), madmusicltd (06-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Caught in a monsoon with my convertible