Sponsored by:

GM is PITIFUL - 2017 C7Z Out of Service/Broken for AT LEAST 1.5 Months

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:47 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvey-licious
I almsot cried when someone told me to read this thread. My '14 Z51 is in need of a water pump as well.

My thread title is '2014 Z51 and over-heating problem'.
Sounds like time to reference this thread with your dealer and politely email the CEO
Old 06-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvey-licious
I almsot cried when someone told me to read this thread. My '14 Z51 is in need of a water pump as well.

My thread title is '2014 Z51 and over-heating problem'.
...well at least you know what you have to do to get some attention. The pump isn't going to get there through the 'normal channels'.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:29 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

I sent a PM to Corvey-Licious informing the 14 pump is different than the 15 - 18 pump. However, the 14 pump is also unavailable from GM same as the 15 - 18. However, there is a brand new one for the 14 cars on eBay for only $199. That's $120 off list and due to unavailability it's probably worth it's weight in gold to a stranded 14 owner, even if you're under warranty...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-GM-2...RXYYoo&vxp=mtr

Last edited by rikhek; 06-28-2017 at 12:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rikhek:
Corvey-licious (06-27-2017), tail_lights (06-28-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
The above has been why many have been suggesting for years, that GM put Corvette and Cadillac under the same dealer umbrella. That does happen in other countries where these two products are sold.
The problem is GM doesn't "police" their Cadillac dealerships any better than the do the rest of the line so it is still luck of the draw. The Chevrolet dealer I use for Corvette service has far better customer treatment than either of the two area Cadillac dealerships I have used. My current ATS was into the dealership 4 times in the first 500 miles for the same emissions equipment fault and it wasn't solved until I let them know it was going to be lemon law next if they didn't replace the entire evaporative cannister system. My previous Cadillac took four attempts to replace the OnStar module (recall), first attempt was module without Bluetooth, second attempt was a duplicate of the first, third attempt they actually installed the correct module but didn't program it, fourth attempt resulted in a working module. Each time I was informed they had tested and found Bluetooth to be working properly, a neat trick they should have shared with others in making a module without Bluetooth connect to Bluetooth With GM it is like Dairy Queen used to be decades ago where one location was spotless and the next might give you food poisoning just from driving by too slowly. I believe DQ got serious about franchise operator standards, something GM still hasn't done even though it has been an obvious problem for decades.

And it isn't just the dealership end. Just like the missing water pump other problems are at the division level. My ATS was recalled to fix a problem with the rear defogger potentially starting an interior fire and the initial GM "fix" was to prevent the defogger from coming on automatically with a remote start. All this did was kill the convenience for customers in cold weather climates but didn't address the root problem which was routing the power through the OnStar module whose power connector wasn't rated for the high current draw of a resistive heating element. About a year later they finally issued a new recall to fix the insufficient power feed issue. So I am not holding my breath thinking a switch of the Corvette line to Cadillac would add anything useful except higher initial pricing and a far worse depreciation issue (check how much value the ATS and CTS lose over a few years of ownership).
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

All I can say is wow....
Old 06-27-2017, 09:43 PM
COvert-red
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
All I can say is wow....
And:

What kind of engineering programs allow such poor field/reliability protocols that permit production programs to accept final specs with such flaws? There are skipped steps, cut corners at play here.

Most unimpressive.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:20 AM
ZenicaPA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by NSC5
The problem is GM doesn't "police" their Cadillac dealerships any better than the do the rest of the line so it is still luck of the draw.

And it isn't just the dealership end.
Couldn't agree more.

No matter the Porsche dealer or BMW dealer or Acura dealer I have needed to avail myself of over the years, the treatment remains consistent. I'm not a snob and I'm not comfortable around *** kissers but I do like being treated with respect, courtesy and appreciation when I am a repeat customer for a specific brand.

I've had my fair share of entry level cars in my youth, now that I am older and able to afford better, I do but I expect the whole package.
For the reference to warranty work, yes, all vehicles are deserving of the same and the dealer ought to be taking the same steps for a Cruze as they do the Z06

BUT

If they put a Cruze customer in a loaner, say a Malibu or another Cruze, that person isn't likely to mind much. Take a Vette owner, he is used to a certain type of vehicle that can't be matched as a loaner so now that driver is using a vehicle far below what he paid for and when that extends into the best time of the year to drive the Vette and lasts for weeks, I think it is prudent for the dealer and/or GM to take measures and steps that might not be considered in the case of a customer with a Cruze, Equinox or Malibu.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:21 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Well, having owned 9 BMWs in the 4 different states I've lived in, I've had some bad BMW dealer experiences, including damaged cars and shoddy service. I agree that Cadillac is not, on average, up to other luxury car dealer standards, but I think they do tend to provide better customer service, on average, than most Chevrolet dealers.

As I said in the post that some folks are taking exception with, I'm getting excellent treatment at my Chevy dealer, and no doubt some do provide better service than some Cadillac dealers. We're talking averages here, and bad stuff can happen at dealerships of any brand.

However, some brands are much better than GM in allowing customers to elevate their concerns past the dealer and first level field rep and getting action.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-28-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
Couldn't agree more.

No matter the Porsche dealer or BMW dealer or Acura dealer I have needed to avail myself of over the years, the treatment remains consistent. I'm not a snob and I'm not comfortable around *** kissers but I do like being treated with respect, courtesy and appreciation when I am a repeat customer for a specific brand.

I've had my fair share of entry level cars in my youth, now that I am older and able to afford better, I do but I expect the whole package.
For the reference to warranty work, yes, all vehicles are deserving of the same and the dealer ought to be taking the same steps for a Cruze as they do the Z06

BUT

If they put a Cruze customer in a loaner, say a Malibu or another Cruze, that person isn't likely to mind much. Take a Vette owner, he is used to a certain type of vehicle that can't be matched as a loaner so now that driver is using a vehicle far below what he paid for and when that extends into the best time of the year to drive the Vette and lasts for weeks, I think it is prudent for the dealer and/or GM to take measures and steps that might not be considered in the case of a customer with a Cruze, Equinox or Malibu.

So in the above instance what would you say to the service writer?

"I bought a Corvette and I wouldn't be comfortable driving one of your less expensive cars while mine is being fixed."

And you actually wrote: "i'm not a snob."

Let's face it: you bought a Chevy knowing full well what the Chevy service experience might be like. You didn't by a brand that offers free loaners and lattes. Okay.... so you bought an expensive Chevy. I get it, but it still has the same service department as a Cruze. Same warranty. If that's something you just can't deal with, then why buy the car in the first place? The level of customer service obviously varies from dealer to dealer, and some might even step it up for Corvette customers, but they certainly don't have to.

I had to bring my SL550 in for service 10 times in six months (guess why I'm back in a Vette?). They always gave me a loaner car, a C300. A car that costs about 1/3 of my car. I wasn't offended and it didn't mess with my mojo. Based on my past experience, you're lucky if you can get a loaner from Chevy dealer. If they toss you the keys to a Cruze, don't be offended.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:29 AM
ZenicaPA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
So in the above instance what would you say to the service writer?

"I bought a Corvette and I wouldn't be comfortable driving one of your less expensive cars while mine is being fixed."

And you actually wrote: "i'm not a snob."

I never said what you quoted me as saying, regarding driving a "less expensive" vehicle such as a Cruze, I have one parked out front right now while Chevy has my Vette.

In other brands I have had and currently own, my service experiences are vastly different from my Chevy experience.

For example, Acura always tried putting me in a TL, even when I was bringing in the TSX, granted this could have been a sly way of trying to get me to trade in my TL for the newer one.

MB usually gave me a loaner, not an S class but I wasn't expecting one. If not a loaner, a free Enterprise car so the result was the same.

My point, which you missed, is that the effort a dealer and/or manufacturer makes to go above and beyond the standard protocol in outlier situations should have a higher bar when dealing with their more (or most) expensive vehicles.

So yes, they should be making more of an effort for a Z06 owner than a Cruze owner.

Last edited by ZenicaPA; 06-28-2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 06-28-2017, 11:52 AM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

I never said what you quoted me as saying, regarding driving a "less expensive" vehicle such as a Cruze, I have one parked out front right now while Chevy has my Vette.

In other brands I have had and currently own, my service experiences are vastly different from my Chevy experience.

For example, Acura always tried putting me in a TL, even when I was bringing in the TSX, granted this could have been a sly way of trying to get me to trade in my TL for the newer one.

MB usually gave me a loaner, not an S class but I wasn't expecting one. If not a loaner, a free Enterprise car so the result was the same.

My point, which you missed, is that the effort a dealer and/or manufacturer makes to go above and beyond the standard protocol in outlier situations should have a higher bar when dealing with their more (or most) expensive vehicles.

So yes, they should be making more of an effort for a Z06 owner than a Cruze owner.
So you do, in fact, believe there is greater sense of entitlement because you spent more at a dealership than someone else.

I think it's pretty obvious I didn't miss a thing.

And here's what you originally posted before you changed it:

"I would, only I'd be saying it to the service manager because if it comes to the point where I feel a need to express that, it is doubtful the adviser is the correct person to be having that conversation with."
Attached Images  

Last edited by VETTE-NV; 06-28-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:56 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

So you do, in fact, believe there is greater sense of entitlement because you spent more at a dealership than someone else.

Nothing wrong with "entitlement" when you've paid for it.

It stands to reason that a portion of the car's price goes towards goodwill and service. What you have to ask yourself is:

a) Is that goodwill and service a flat rate per Chevrolet car, or
b) Is it a percentage of the car's price?

If the former, Sonic is the same as Z06 and you should know that going in. If the latter, then Z06 owners should get loaner cars and other amenities that a Sonic owner may not.

The problem arises when you assume it's (b) and your experience is (a), that disconnect causes problems.

I assume it's actually (a) because Cadillac seems to support a higher level of service on a narrower price range of cars.
The following users liked this post:
itaylorm (06-29-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 12:35 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Nothing wrong with "entitlement" when you've paid for it.

It stands to reason that a portion of the car's price goes towards goodwill and service. What you have to ask yourself is:

a) Is that goodwill and service a flat rate per Chevrolet car, or
b) Is it a percentage of the car's price?

If the former, Sonic is the same as Z06 and you should know that going in. If the latter, then Z06 owners should get loaner cars and other amenities that a Sonic owner may not.

The problem arises when you assume it's (b) and your experience is (a), that disconnect causes problems.

I assume it's actually (a) because Cadillac seems to support a higher level of service on a narrower price range of cars.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Chevy has a very wide price range of cars with the Corvette jumping far above their lowest offering. This is part of the dilemma for dealers. I don't know how it works, but I doubt Chevy dealers are reimbursed more for loaner cars (if they even are) towards a Corvette vs. a Cruze. I seriously doubt there is some written or unwritten sliding scale between GM and the dealers. If the dealer wants to make it better for the Corvette buyer, so be it. But it's completely on the dealer to do so, and any sense of entitlement is purely in the buyer's head and nothing that is expressly written or implied.

Just because you bought a Corvette doesn't mean you've "paid for" anything other than the car. To expect more than the next guy who bought a less expensive Chevy is....well.....you figure it out.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:52 PM
ZenicaPA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

And here's what you originally posted before you changed it:

"I would, only I'd be saying it to the service manager because if it comes to the point where I feel a need to express that, it is doubtful the adviser is the correct person to be having that conversation with."
Yes, that is what I said...but it does not infer what you want it to.
I also realized you falsely quoted me, making up your own thought and purporting it as mine.

You missed not only my point entirely but seem to enjoy fabricating ones to suite your agenda.

I exit this useless conversation with you as you twist, lie and manipulate reality.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:54 AM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, that is what I said...but it does not infer what you want it to.
I also realized you falsely quoted me, making up your own thought and purporting it as mine.

You missed not only my point entirely but seem to enjoy fabricating ones to suite your agenda.

I exit this useless conversation with you as you twist, lie and manipulate reality.
Manipulate reality??? So I'm this guy???? Awesome!!!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: GM is PITIFUL - 2017 C7Z Out of Service/Broken for AT LEAST 1.5 Months