Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Well done!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Jacob
Pro

Received 313 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Love the color and great pics!

One thing though- your front license plate mount looks strange- are BC plates smaller than normal? Mine covers the entire mount without showing any holes in the mount itself. There are two mounts that come with the car- one has more of a V in it, and the other is flatter. I bent my plate to fit the V angled mount. Maybe yours is the flatter one?
I have now installed the Sho 'n Sto removable plate mount with the cut down plate. This leaves the intercooler almost completely unblocked.

Very pleased with this product.

Jacob
Old 06-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

plenty of blue in that garage !
Old 06-24-2017, 12:19 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

It that plastic covered hay or grass bales ??? Wayne
Old 06-24-2017, 01:02 PM
1 HOT 07
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Great Pictures and beautiful car. I am partial to Blue. thanks for posting.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Jacob
Pro

Originally Posted by wgood
It that plastic covered hay or grass bales ??? Wayne

It's large marshmallows LOL. Actually I don't know if it's grass or hay. I suspect grass.

Last edited by Jacob; 06-24-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:01 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

I'm in the process of buying one of these and I think I have selected the same wheels you have. Are they the Black aluminum wheels with Red stripe option?
Gorgeous.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Jacob
Pro

Originally Posted by joemessman
I'm in the process of buying one of these and I think I have selected the same wheels you have. Are they the Black aluminum wheels with Red stripe option?
Gorgeous.
These are the standard gloss black Z06 wheel. I did a 1/8" stripe with red pinstripe tape just to create an edge. Cost for 4 wheels: $10. It lays into the groove without too much trouble so it is possible to do a decent looking job.

These are Cup 2 tires and this wheel/tire set is now put aside for track days. They are scary tires on the street in colder temps or with ponding on the highway in rain. I bought another set of the same OEM wheels (from the dealer at a great price with sensors) for PSS tires for street use. On that set, I had red Alloygators installed at a tire shop; a bit expensive but good protection and they look great. Photos in the next outing. If I were ordering the car, I would spring for the black satin wheel with red stripe.

Jacob

Last edited by Jacob; 06-25-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:52 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacob
These are the standard gloss black Z06 wheel. I did a 1/8" stripe with red pinstripe tape just to create an edge. Cost for 4 wheels: $10. It lays into the groove without too much trouble so it is possible to do a decent looking job.

These are Cup 2 tires and this wheel/tire set is now put aside for track days. They are scary tires on the street in colder temps or with ponding on the highway in rain. I bought another set of the same OEM wheels (from the dealer at a great price with sensors) for PSS tires for street use. On that set, I had red Alloygators installed at a tire shop; a bit expensive but good protection and they look great. Photos in the next outing. If I were ordering the car, I would spring for the black satin wheel with red stripe.

Jacob
I see. I thought those wheels looked glossy. On the configuration page the ones with the red stripe are mat finish black and I'm not sure if I want those. I could do like you did and stripe them myself and save some money. Very good. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Pics of the Day from Vancouver Island BC