Sponsored by:

Long distance purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Jaylars
Pro

Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Long distance purchase

For well over a year now I have been looking at a C7 purchase. Well actually since 1976 (and the neighbors 67 Sting) I have been planning on a Vette purchase, but life sends you in different directions and in my case around the world more than once. Fast forward to today and I'm positioned well in life to finally make it happen. Finally retired and settled after 25 years of active duty military service, kids are grown and out of the house, and the grey hair has permanently set in. It is time.

Seems that everything local (Idaho) is never what I want and ordering may take more time than I desire so I turned my focus to the National market in hope of finding that simple little 17 GS to my liking. I found one or two and have been trying to get some kind of response from the dealerships but it seems they are quite busy. Has anyone had any issues with MacMulkin or Kerbeck returning calls lately? Should I expect this from a high volume dealer or should I focus more locally or even regionally?

I figure many on this forum have been down this road quite a few times and might have some solid experiential advice.

Last edited by Jaylars; 06-26-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:15 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

I have been down that exact road and I am not far across the boarder from you either. The local dealers and national ones have been hard to get a hold of lately. Especially someone that can make the deal decisions.

For me the cars in our region are optioned too high, too low, or not priced competitively. I had the same issue with Camaro's in the past, so I ended up finding deals out of state. That was no big deal, but for Vette's I ended up going across the country. I would recommend you do it, its a fun and memorable road trip.

You need to find out who the contacts are at each big dealer and then call and email them. There is a dealer in MT that does pretty good too. I will PM you with some contacts. What color and build GS are you looking for?

Last edited by djnice; 06-27-2017 at 10:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jaylars (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 01:32 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Try Jesse at MacMulkin. He took great care of me.
djnice (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 02:59 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I tried Kerbeck and they didn't return not 1 of my 3 calls and I live about 3 hours away from them. MacMulkin returned my first as was much more customer friendly.

Last edited by Boba Fett; 06-27-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:02 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Some of the dealers respond quicker to email. MacMulkin you can just call the corvette team number and the receptionist will connect you to someone.

Last edited by djnice; 06-27-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:31 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaylars
For well over a year now I have been looking at a C7 purchase. Well actually since 1976 (and the neighbors 67 Sting) I have been planning on a Vette purchase, but life sends you in different directions and in my case around the world more than once. Fast forward to today and I'm positioned well in life to finally make it happen. Finally retired and settled after 25 years of active duty military service, kids are grown and out of the house, and the grey hair has permanently set in. It is time.

Seems that everything local (Idaho) is never what I want and ordering may take more time than I desire so I turned my focus to the National market in hope of finding that simple little 17 GS to my liking. I found one or two and have been trying to get some kind of response from the dealerships but it seems they are quite busy. Has anyone had any issues with MacMulkin or Kerbeck returning calls lately? Should I expect this from a high volume dealer or should I focus more locally or even regionally?

I figure many on this forum have been down this road quite a few times and might have some solid experiential advice.
Jesse was off yesterday, so you may have gotten his voice mail yesterday. Give us a call now and we'll be happy to help you out!

603-888-1121

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 06-27-2017, 10:13 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,981 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Call Les Stanford in Detroit. Be patient and call around. Mike Furman at Criswell is also excellent.

Between Kerbeck, Les, Criswell and Mac........you got it covered. No one else is in these guys class.

Remember these guys all has a life too and although we all may think it we are not their only customer.

Last edited by Greg00Coupe; 06-27-2017 at 10:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg00Coupe:
probono (06-28-2017), Rebel Yell (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 10:17 AM
jdsaengine
Melting Slicks

Received 173 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Call Les Stanford in Detroit. Be patient and call around. Mike Furman at Criswell is also excellent.

Between Kerbeck, Les, Criswell and Mac........you got it covered. No one else is in these guys class.

Remember these guys all has a life too and although we all may think it we are not their only customer.

Mike Furman at Criswell in Maryland will always get back to you within a day, even on Sundays when I was going back and forth with him back in April.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Emerald Eagle
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 45 Posts

Try Tom Hendricks at Bud's Chevrolet, St. Marys, Ohio which is in the west central part of the state.
419 394 2371
He sells a lot of C-7's and is quite helpful!
Tell him the Emerald Eagle sent you.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:02 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Jaylars, You didn't mention Mike Furman at Criswell in Gaithersburg MD. Absolutely you should give him a call as new cars are coming in all the time. He's very responsive. He can arrange a courtesy delivery to your local dealer on an incoming car or arrange to ship from inventory. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:50 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I live outside of Houston, TX and ordered my 2015 Stingray from MacMulkin in August of 2014 and took courtesy delivery at a local dealership a few weeks later. It was several firsts for me.. 1st time to order a car the way I wanted it, the first time to pay cash for a car, and the first time to order long distance without any face-to-face relationship with the salesman at the other end. I was nervous spending that much money and not even meeting the person Iwas dealing with. MacMulkin was fantastic... Walked me through the entire process, answered all my questions no matter how many times I asked the same ones. They can be a little difficult to get quick response but they are a high volume dealer and did respond to all my calls and emails. All in all I would do it again.

Last edited by bjhayes; 06-27-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:04 PM
ElGreco53
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Jaylars, there are a couple of GSs in my area, the Willamette Valley of Oregon, a day's drive from you. PM me if you'd like more info. I can't attest to the dealers or prices but could send links to their sites.

Happy motoring
Jaylars (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Jaylars
Pro

Default Thanks

Thanks for all those who responded and gave sound advise. MacMulkin now has one less WGG GS to worry about.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Thanks for all those who responded and gave sound advise. MacMulkin now has one less WGG GS to worry about.
That's awesome. Please show pics and impressions once you get it.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:53 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by jdsaengine

Mike Furman at Criswell in Maryland will always get back to you within a day, even on Sundays when I was going back and forth with him back in April.
Mike Furman will always return your calls no matter how busy he is. That is why he is the top selling Corvette Salesman in the United States.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:06 AM
Jaylars
Pro

Default Will do

Originally Posted by thill444
That's awesome. Please show pics and impressions once you get it.
Now we wait!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:07 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Congrats. Are you waiting for an order or are they shipping to you? I am picking up my 18 Z06 from them on Monday.

Last edited by djnice; 06-28-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Long distance purchase

Old 06-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Jaylars
Pro

Originally Posted by djnice
Congrats. Are you waiting for an order or are they shipping to you? I am picking up my 18 Z06 from them on Monday.
No I grabbed one that was in stock. I initially wanted a different one that was in stock but unfortunately it was sold while I was trying to make the deal via phone/email/text.
Note to self: Timely decisions matter, always.

I went with a similar GS and I'm sure it will suffice.

Now intercity is telling me upwards of a month for delivery. I'm trying to find a carrier with better timelines. I thought about just flying and driving but 2700 miles!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:36 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

I have the same problem with making timely decisions. Thanks for the reminder.

I am flying and driving. It is a lot of miles, but fun. Forces me to take vacation and get out of town. These are my excuses to justify the decision.

What package and options did you get on the GS?
Old 06-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Gearbox22
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

MacMulkin all the way. Very flexible and accommodating. They all work as a team, so any salesman there will be as good as the next. But they offered me the best price right off the bat as I had ordered my car. They don't nickle and dime you with fees and while expensive, a full Xpel wrap is highly recommended. These cars are like rock and debris magnets, not to mention the target of choice for birds. And the installation was great.

Quick Reply: Long distance purchase