Sponsored by:

Reverse tilt mirrors malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 10:15 PM
Dangelucci
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse tilt mirrors malfunction

my external mirrors do not return to their original after I shift from R to Drive
Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Are you sure that your seat 1 (or seat 2) settings have the mirror stored in a different position than the tilted position? I would reset them and experiment first.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Have you tried to reset them once you are in either park or a forward gear?

I once accidentally set them when in reverse (I hit #1 and set simultaneously) and they were stuck until I reset them.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:33 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Mine only worked correctly some of the time...often never returning to the correct position. I finally gave up and turned that feature off. I programmed the #2 driver button to tilt them down, and just push that button when I want them to tilt down.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:14 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Received 6,119 Likes on 3,366 Posts

My car's mirror tilt feature hasn't worked correctly since new. Below is a process I can use to repeat the problem:

1) The driver (#1 memory setting) uses the #2 key fob to start the car.

2) The memory seats, steering wheel, and side mirror start moving to the #2 position.

3) The driver pushes the #1 memory button to stop the movement and continues to hold the #1 button until the seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors go to the correct position for the #1 memory position.

4) The driver puts the car in reverse. The side mirrors tilt downward to allow the driver to see the curbs (I have it set this way per the manual).

5) The driver puts the car in drive. The mirrors start to tilt to the correct position but stop part way.

6) The driver has to push and hold the #1 memory button to have the mirrors continue tilting to the correct position to see other cars on the road.

The above description is how to reproduce the problem. It mainly occurs when the car detects my wife's key fob before it detects mine. It isn't a big deal unless I forget to press the button again and try to merge onto a busy freeway using a short on-ramp. I look over to make sure there is still room and all I see is pavement. Dealer diagnosis: operating as designed - the car is not designed to have 2 key fobs in the car at the same time. I grew weary of loosing battles of wits to unarmed opponents and gave up on getting this corrected. It's not a big enough problem to waste my time on. But if anyone manages to get this corrected I'd sure like to know the solution.
My current work-around is to have my wife keep her fob in a foil lined pouch I made for her.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:38 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,022 Likes on 616 Posts

Yup, I bailed on using mine too. It would not always return to normal view.

But thanks for the tip regarding use of #2 driver --I might try this!

Last edited by JonMN; 07-02-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 PM
BradT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dangelucci
my external mirrors do not return to their original after I shift from R to Drive
Mine do the same thing but they don't need the driver 2 key fob to fail. It happens quite a bit but not every time after I put the car in R. I have yet to figure out why it only fails to return to proper location some of the time.

So the answer is just to not use the feature? Has anyone taken this to a service center to see if they can fix it?

Last edited by BradT; 09-26-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:32 AM
thatchh
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No help

Originally Posted by BradT
Mine do the same thing but they don't need the driver 2 key fob to fail. It happens quite a bit but not every time after I put the car in R. I have yet to figure out why it only fails to return to proper location some of the time.

So the answer is just to not use the feature? Has anyone taken this to a service center to see if they can fix it?
I took mine (2015) to a dealer today and got a no fault found. I tried it in the parking lot before I left, and they came back to the previous setting. Next several times I used reverse, they only came back partway. Only one key fob in the car. Kinda defeats the usefulness of the feature. I will try the suggestion of using memory 2 for the tilt down, since my wife rarely drives the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Reverse tilt mirrors malfunction

Quick Reply: Reverse tilt mirrors malfunction