Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software performance upgrades for C7's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:46 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Default Software performance upgrades for C7's?

IIRC there was some sort of chip you could get for C5's to improve performance. I'm wondering if there are any such software upgrades/chips for the C7.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Olden Slowe
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

As a side note to your question, back in the 90s when my only vette was a C4, I recall those "hyperchips" were somewhat popular and widely advertised to impart all kinds of performance gains. I also recall there were a number of reports that these chips provided little to no enhancements, and actually may have hurt performance.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Z51 John
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Olden Slowe
As a side note to your question, back in the 90s when my only vette was a C4, I recall those "hyperchips" were somewhat popular and widely advertised to impart all kinds of performance gains. I also recall there were a number of reports that these chips provided little to no enhancements, and actually may have hurt performance.

DON'T say that I had one in my 1984 Trans AM.
Went from 140HP to 140.01 HP. LOL
Old 07-14-2017, 02:03 AM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Just gonna throw this your way... coming from a totally different community of cars... find a reputable tuner near you that has a dyno.. that knows,what they are doing.. OTS (off the shelf) maps are GARBAGE. No " chip" "plug n play tuner" etc... will ever replace a GREAT human tuner that is actually looking at your car on a dyno PERIOD. Your gonna spend the money either way. Might as well do it right the first time. At the very least install headers and an Xpipe on the car before you plop down $600 for a dyno tune.
Biggest advice I could give you just don't do it if you ain't gonna do it right...
The following users liked this post:
sunsalem (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
IIRC there was some sort of chip you could get for C5's to improve performance. I'm wondering if there are any such software upgrades/chips for the C7.
First and foremost, your car has a ECM, therefore it must be programmed/remapped to see gains. No such thing as a chip for a C5.
As stated above there are a few things to do prior to tuning that will benefit the C5, then if needed get a professional tune.

Get notified of new replies

To Software performance upgrades for C7's?

Quick Reply: Software performance upgrades for C7's?