Sponsored by:

My trip to the NCM

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 12:29 PM
Acenines3
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 55 Posts
Default My trip to the NCM

Well I just got back from the National Corvette Museum. I left early last Monday morning and started my 13 and half hour trip in my 2015 convertible. The ride was enjoyable with the top down u until I came upon an accident were somebody jacked knifed there travel trailer in the opposite lane and had to put the top up cause we were crawling along. The rest of the trip down was great. I wake up early Tuesday morning to get ready to go to the museum at 8am. I go out to my car and I find a screw in the driver's side rear tire agh, asked the front desk where a tire shop was and was directed to a Firestone. As I was going to get tire fixed I actually found a chevy dealer and pulled in. I was waiting to get the car fixed and became friendly with one of the salesmen. I found out that if you opt for museum delivery it goes through that dealership.. In fact they have someone from the dealership full time at the museum. The service manager came out and said to me that I should buy a raffle ticket when I go to the museum cause the screw never punctured the tire ! They got my car off the lift and out front and there was ZERO charge. They were so nice to me. So please if your going to buy new and take museum delivery call Jason Williams at Campbell Chevy. I came back to the dealership the next day and gave the mechanic a raffle ticket as my way of saying thank you. So you see a screw gave me the opportunity to see the start of the museum del. Next off to the museum and WOW I was like a kid in the candy store so many beauties there so much to see. I spent 4 hours that day there and another 4 hours the second day. I still probably missed something lol. Looking at the sink hole car's was really sad but they are restoring the ones they can and a few are to far gone to be restored. Everyone was so nice there and I had a really great time and can't wait to go back! Please support the museum either through a donation or even on Amazon. They really do great work at supporting our corvette's that we so dearly love.

Last edited by Acenines3; 07-16-2017 at 12:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Acenines3:
Landru (07-16-2017), mpuzach (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 01:47 PM
George Washnak
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Glad you had a great trip and visit to the museum. I'm based out of South Carolina, but had my initial break-in oil change done at Campbell Chevrolet as my Corvette club was on a road trip to Bowling Green. I can second the thumbs up to Campbell. They had me in and out in under 45 minutes. Great team there.
The following users liked this post:
Acenines3 (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 02:30 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

There's no denying it - the NCM is a wonderful place. My wife and I go every April for the bash; I start looking forward to going back the next time as soon as we get home from it.
The following users liked this post:
Acenines3 (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

The NCM is a place every Corvette owner should experience!

Get notified of new replies

To My trip to the NCM

Quick Reply: My trip to the NCM